Vital BMX Rider of the Year Runner-Ups

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2014 12:45 PM

So Daniel Sandoval won our prestigious Rider of the Year award for 2013. There were a few runner-ups in our minds, but ultimately, when you weigh video footage, magazine coverage, contest placings, and just his general rate of progression, you've gotta agree that Sandoval has an unreal year.

Who are some riders who, in your mind, would've been close runner-ups for our Rider of the Year award??

|

1/6/2014 12:59 PM

Sickdude

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/6/2014 12:59 PM

That 90 to Indian blew everyone's mind

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/6/2014 1:33 PM

shut up fucktard

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/6/2014 3:34 PM

zach krejmas, you should have been rider of the year! you progressed a lot, getting picked up by g sport and volume. your part in oss was awesome.

shajn raines in rotten was fucking insane. i think the whole rotten dvd was too underrated.

garett reynold's part in deadline was insane. absolutely crazy.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/6/2014 4:05 PM

hoang tran in guti
dak roche
kyle hart's guti section was off da hook as well
also, stop sucking zach k's dick crazyclark

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/6/2014 4:11 PM

Just wondering... What do you guys base your Rider of the Year awards on? Is it solely upon the riding of the person or does their attitude have something to do with it also? You know how some companies say getting sponsored isn't all about having the best tricks was just wondering if you guys took into consideration things the riders did or what not?

|

1/6/2014 4:24 PM

I think it should be me. I only rode a couple times. and I drank. but less than normal.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/6/2014 4:26 PM

yea hoang tran in guti was fucking amazing

|

1/6/2014 4:41 PM

I'd say .......... hmmhm thats hard actually !

Maybe Pat Casey for joining Haro , destroying 1st place at RedBull Kill The Line , and good placings in Xgames and DewTour

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/6/2014 5:05 PM

crazyclark wrote:

zach krejmas, you should have been rider of the year! you progressed a lot, getting picked up by g sport and volume. your part in oss was awesome.

shajn raines in rotten was fucking insane. i think the whole rotten dvd was too underrated.

Remember it's RIDER of the year, not Video Part of the year.....

|

1/6/2014 5:07 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Just wondering... What do you guys base your Rider of the Year awards on? Is it solely upon the riding of the person or does their attitude have something to do with it also? You know how some companies say getting sponsored isn't all about having the best tricks was just wondering if you guys took into consideration things the riders did or what not?

It was largely based on riding abilities and accomplishments. A riders attitude definitely and always plays into things because they probably would be sponsored/competing in big contests in the first place if they didn't have the right attitude and their head screwed on straight..

|

1/6/2014 5:12 PM

Andy buckworth throwing mad shit allover the place

Colton satterfield that guys progression on the mega ramp is just insane decade 360 flip was to crazy

James foster throwing triple flips and 360 bar to bar to whip on the triples was insane progression

Drew bezanson killed it all year skills

Nyquist for still ripping it up at his age that's inspiration

|

1/6/2014 5:57 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

i know, the awesome video parts make them candidates for rider of the year.

|

1/6/2014 8:44 PM

crazyclark wrote:

zachkrejmas wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

keeping in mind that garrett also did damn good on the contest scene. I man 1st in all the xgames except one and in that one everybody thought he should have won. and then in dew tour he got first in street. plus the video part. plus the edits he dropped with nike.

BUT i do not think anybody that big should get an award like that. Keep it to the guys that get overlooked. Not the guy that has been killing it for like the past 4 years(maybe longer)

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/6/2014 9:27 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

keeping in mind that garrett also did damn good on the contest scene. I man 1st in all the xgames except one and in that one everybody thought he should have won. and then in dew tour he got first in street. plus the video part. plus the edits he dropped with nike.

BUT i do not think anybody that big should get an award like that. Keep it to the guys that get overlooked. Not the guy that has been killing it for like the past 4 years(maybe longer)

This.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/6/2014 9:36 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

yea. you're absolutely right about the last part. then i'm just gonna say hoang tran for rider of the year. his section in guti is awesome. Also, he was the very first guy on Subrosa and still is; that just shows his loyalty. he's always been humble and has such an awesome style that is often overlooked.

|

1/6/2014 9:42 PM

Hoang Tran. Hey, he got cover of "BMX PLUS!".

|

1/7/2014 9:07 AM

Kris Kyle.. I never Hurd of him before this year and now he's blown up..

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/7/2014 11:48 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I was thinking him too..or Alex donnachie

|

1/7/2014 10:43 PM

Fernengel, Reynolds, Kerley, Peraza, Donnachie, Enarson, just to name a few...

|

1/8/2014 4:28 PM

Yeah Donnachie, and especially AK are two dudes who made huge progress this year (they got my vote). Shit, I feel like AK is one of, if not THE most influential street rider right now...

|

1/8/2014 4:46 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Are you serious.....he's been popular for years , I've even posted a thread a while back showing how crazy he is. He's nuts but he's been around for a bit.

|

My Cult 2 Short