Vital Forum Edit V5 (and how to submit your clips)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2019 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2019 12:13 PM

Firstly, big thanks to Jibby for getting the ball rolling on what will hopefully be our fifth edit as a forum group!

If you’re new-ish here and aren’t familiar, it’s as simple as it sounds. We Vital members film riding clips to put together a big group video edit.

-----

Here are your guidelines regarding filming your clips:

- Please don’t film on a potato. Obviously, this ain’t no professional edit, but we need to see more than a few pixels.

- NO vertical (portrait) videos! If you’re filming on a phone/mobile device, hold that thing sideways plz.

- You don’t need to have a filmer, self-filmed tripod clips are perfectly acceptable.

- You have a maximum of 5 clips to send in, but please no ridiculously long lines like riding around a bowl for two minutes or doing a manual for 100 miles.

- You can also send in two angles of one clip. For example, if you’re filming a feeble on a ledge, you can film your “A” clip of you rolling up to the ledge, then your “B” clip would be you doing the feeble from a different angle. It’s something I personally love doing for Instagram videos, but totally optional. If you choose to do this, this counts as a single clip. (See bottom of this post for an example of this film style.)

- Allow roughly 3 to 5 seconds of “dead space” at the start and end of your recording just to help the editing process more smooth.

-----

Here are your guidelines regarding submitting/sending in your clips:

- You must first name your files. Your files should be named by [username][clip #]. For example, readybmxer1 or readybmxer2, and so on. If you're unable to rename your files, please write your username in the "message" section when you get to WeTransfer. (Seen in lower points.)

- If you chose to film two angles of one clip, name them (for example): readybmxer1A, readybmxer1B.

- You’ll send in your clips via WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com), a browser-based sharing platform. We use this because there is little to no loss of quality over transferring video files.

Using WeTransfer:
Click on the “Add your files” option and place your clips in. The email you’ll be sending to is vitalforumedit@gmail.com and make sure it’s spelled correctly or I won’t receive your files. Below that, please put your own email address so you’ll be notified when I receive your files. Again, if you were unable to rename your video files, write your username in the "message" section.

-----

As far as a deadline for you to send in clips, there is no specific target date, but we’re aiming for at least the beginning of 2020, end of February, at the latest.

And remember, skill level isn't important, fun level is.

Thanks y'all! Let's do this.

-----

EDIT: Oh, and just to further clarify about the "A" and "B" clip, if you're a little confused, this is what I mean.



The very short close-up of the pedal stall is my "A" clip. The rest of the video is the "B" clip. Again, totally optional, but I feel like it adds a lot.
|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/3/2019 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2019 7:30 PM

Damnit , I saved all year for this potato , and now you won’t even accept it , I protest

|

11/3/2019 7:37 PM

New to this scene, but it sounds awesome..

Does anyone have a link to watch last year's edit?

|

11/4/2019 12:07 AM

I'm up for this, recovering from an injury at the moment unfortunately, when is the deadline?

|

11/4/2019 2:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2019 2:40 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

New to this scene, but it sounds awesome..

Does anyone have a link to watch last year's edit?

I found these (v4 (the most recent one I think), v3, and the first one?)





|

11/4/2019 3:26 AM

Thanks Fatalize!!

|

11/4/2019 7:09 AM

RumHam wrote:

I'm up for this, recovering from an injury at the moment unfortunately, when is the deadline?

We haven’t decided an exact date, but by early 2020 is the goal, probably before March. But it’s all up for discussion, depends on how many of us send in clips.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/4/2019 7:42 AM

Cool Im not sure Ill be able to get the clips I want but I definitely have a clip Im proud of that I will send in! Thank you Ready!

|

11/4/2019 10:15 AM

i have a gopro hero 5 black. 1080p quality. Should be ok?

|

11/4/2019 11:16 AM

DutchridesBmx wrote:

i have a gopro hero 5 black. 1080p quality. Should be ok?

Yup that’ll do.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/4/2019 3:52 PM

Heck yea lets do it

|





11/4/2019 3:59 PM

Also, feel free to start suggesting music.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/4/2019 4:06 PM

Of course, we don't know how long the video will be, so we may need more than one, but here's one I kinda like. It was in one of BSD's edits, I think Streets of Athens.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/4/2019 9:12 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Of course, we don't know how long the video will be, so we may need more than one, but here's one I kinda like. It was in one of BSD's edits, I think Streets of Athens.

Using a song that you already know was in a previous edit is highly frowned upon. Simmilar to filming the same trick at the same spot as someone else. Not only is it a respect thing, but it also keeps edit original. There are billions of songs out there, use something different.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/4/2019 9:28 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Using a song that you already know was in a previous edit is highly frowned upon. Simmilar to filming the same trick at the same spot as someone else. Not only is it a respect thing, but it also keeps edit original. There are billions of songs out there, use something different.

Beat me to it

https://digbmx.com/mdig/the-dos-and-donts-of-song-jacking


It's highly frowned upon. Not everyone cares... But Curtis is right, billions of songs out there to choose from. I'd suggest a couple but I'm in the middle of throwing together a "Best of" edit of myself and a scraps edit as well, and searching for songs myself...

|

11/4/2019 10:38 PM

Pick the song once you’ve got clips, the music needs to follow the pace of the riding. Fast upbeat music makes slow riding look even slower

|

11/5/2019 12:18 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Beat me to it

https://digbmx.com/mdig/the-dos-and-donts-of-song-jacking


It's highly frowned upon. Not everyone cares... But Curtis is right, billions of songs out there to choose from. I'd suggest a couple but I'm in the middle of throwing together a "Best of" edit of myself and a scraps edit as well, and searching for songs myself...

Ah, I see. Never thought of it, but I guess it makes sense.

But that is a good point, a song search would be better after viewing clips.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/5/2019 4:46 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Pick the song once you’ve got clips, the music needs to follow the pace of the riding. Fast upbeat music makes slow riding look even slower

This.

Personally what I would do is kinda piece things together some, THEN pick the songs.

I also was able to find music that fit the personality of the riders some when I did an edit of our locals like 9 years ago:


">2010 Edit Team Taco from Dave Lawrence on Vimeo.


|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/5/2019 9:50 AM

UM... song suggestions.. maybe something slow? Like Where did you sleep last night by nirvana? Idk i will look around tho.

|

11/5/2019 10:19 AM

DutchridesBmx wrote:

UM... song suggestions.. maybe something slow? Like Where did you sleep last night by nirvana? Idk i will look around tho.

|

11/5/2019 10:28 AM

^ Lol. XD

But yes, thanks for your input guys, got a little too ahead of myself.

But feel free to keep posting songs, it’ll be a pool of music to go through as the edit takes shape.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/5/2019 11:58 PM

|

11/6/2019 6:08 AM

I sent in a couple clips, can you let me know if you got them? Gonna try and get some more if my damn knee would stop being a fuckhead. Tried riding just for a couple hours yesterday and my knee feels like shit again...

|

11/6/2019 8:32 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I sent in a couple clips, can you let me know if you got them? Gonna try and get some more if my damn knee would stop being a fuckhead. Tried riding just for a couple hours yesterday and my knee feels like shit again...

Got your A and B clips. Thx!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/7/2019 9:00 AM

Waiting on the weather, hopefully I’ll get a dry day this weekend. Fingers crossed

|

Ride everything

11/7/2019 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2019 3:22 PM

|

11/7/2019 7:26 PM

I'm sending it this weekend for ya'll!!!!

|

sponsor me

11/7/2019 10:18 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

I'm sending it this weekend for ya'll!!!!

Sounds good! Don’t go overboard. XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/8/2019 3:26 PM

|

11/8/2019 4:00 PM

That last song I posted is very dynamic, there's parts of it that could go with almost any style of riding. The words fit too..

|