Vital forum edit v3 (It's done!)

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2018 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2018 10:45 AM

Stumbled upon these two pieces of forum history on youtube today. ">

Basically we had a set amount of time for everyone to film clips and then send them in to whoever was gonna edit. Most of us sucked really bad but it was fun. Only a few people from these videos still frequent the forum now, but if enough people want to make a 3rd forum edit i'd be down to gather the footage and edit it.

EDIT
what to do:
Step 1. Film clips. Any skill level, just have fun. Self filmed tripod clips are fine. No portrait clips please.
Step 2. Label clips with your username, example blaaaaaaaaa1.mp4
Step 3. Use wetransfer.com to send clips to me at curtiscantwell11@gmail.com
Step 4. I'll edit that shit.

Setting the clip submission deadline at the end of this month. Might extend it if i don't get enough clips sent in. Lets try to keep this thread on the first page so people don't forget about it. Feel free to comment letting us know about any clips you get, it will get others more stoked to film!
|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/6/2018 11:40 AM

That would be sick! I suck ass but would be willing to send in clips though...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/6/2018 11:45 AM

When are we doing this? I can probably record some stuff tomorrow if I have time to ride.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/6/2018 11:45 AM

I remember these, I’d be down for another one but I’d probably have to use archived footage from the past year or self filmed shit. Only one person here consistently rides anymore and usually bitches when I ask him to film a line or something

|

4/6/2018 11:48 AM

Is this something were gonna do because I'd be down as fuuuu to send in some clips

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

4/6/2018 11:50 AM

Hmm, this could get me more motivated...

|

4/6/2018 12:30 PM

Alright then, lets do this! Anyone wanting to participate use wetransfer.com to send clips to me at curtiscantwell11@gmail.com this way we can keep video quality up. I'm gonna go ahead and say this now, no portrait filmed clips. Other than that as long as it's not completely shit quality we should be good. Inlcude your username when you send the clips too please! Let's get filming!

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/6/2018 12:33 PM

Also, don't worry if you think you suck at riding. Everyone just try your best and have fun. The point is to progress and make a video, not to get down on ourselves by comparing ourselves to more experianced riders.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/6/2018 12:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2018 12:36 PM

I remember every time these happened there was snow on the ground for me , once again , there is snow on the ground , I’m not to worried though , I am excited to see a 3rd video though the first 2 where cool

|

4/6/2018 12:42 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Also, don't worry if you think you suck at riding. Everyone just try your best and have fun. The point is to progress and make ...more

this is most Vital. this should be for our entertainment, not to be the next banger video featured… I mean that’d be cool though haha.

I’ll dig through some recent clips I have, I doubt I’ll get anything new filmed.

I think we should set a deadline to send clips in too and start pitching song ideas

|

4/6/2018 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2018 12:50 PM

I'll dig through some of my recentish self filmed stuff (I ride solo or with my 3 1/2 year old son 100% of the time).

Maybe my clips will actually be used this time.

All are iPhone clips. Just making sure that's not an issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2018 12:53 PM

Yooo, I love this idea. It’s super rainy here now, so I might use some single clips from the past month or so.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/6/2018 12:54 PM

As long as no one minds watching an old man do the same 3 tricks in a variety of ways, self filmed, I'm down smile
I'll have to use throw away clips though because all the serious bangers will be used for theGrey edit XD

|

4/6/2018 1:12 PM

I'm in.

|

4/6/2018 1:22 PM

Cool, ill figure out some cool spots and get some footage.

|

4/6/2018 1:34 PM

Are pov shots gonna be frowned upon because that's my main way of filming unless y'all don't mind tripod shots lmao

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

4/6/2018 2:20 PM

Hey if you want a clip of me literally straight jumping a step up I gotchulaughing

|

An Indian on a small bike

4/6/2018 2:50 PM

Well, it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. How long is it till you edit everything together? I wanna get some flatland in the compilation because it’s not often touched but I might have to do some tonight. I pretty much never record myself so I don’t have any clips.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/6/2018 2:57 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Well, it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. How long is it till you edit everything together? I wanna get some flatland in the ...more

Also, some questions because I’m gonna kinda edit my clip so there’s not a lot of filler in between tricks, but are you adding music? If no do you mind if I add music to my clip? I’m not a big talker so my clip will be pretty quiet without any music.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/6/2018 4:33 PM

I'll try and get clips in

|

4/6/2018 8:38 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Also, some questions because I’m gonna kinda edit my clip so there’s not a lot of filler in between tricks, but are you adding ...more

don't do that... leave it raw with the filler in between, let the editor pick & choose what to do with it

|

4/6/2018 8:40 PM

Have we got a deadline?

|

@scootereyn

4/6/2018 11:55 PM

I'd hate to somewhat thread jack, but a deadline would be helpful. the first time it was about 2 & 1/2 weeks from the initial thread being started... so that might be a good time frame

Do we wanna limit clips to a maximum of 5 per person like last time as well? I think everyone should name their clips accordingly like before, also. like for instance I'd send mine over named as "sundaybmxrr1.mov, sundaybmxrr2.mov, etc" to make it easier. and probably shouldn't have super long clips... like dead space at the beginning and ending where there's no riding is fine cause that can be cut/trimmed, but a reaaallllyy stretched out long line (bowl runs for instance) should be passed on unless it's some crazy shit haha

again, not trying to thread jack from blaaaaaaaaa, just spitting some ideas from the previous edits to give us an idea of what to work with and what should be avoided. lemme know what you guys think

blaaaaaaaaa, edit your original post with the wetransfer link, deadline, general rules/guidelines, etc, when you get a chance so it's easier to find and let's get this ball rolling

|

4/7/2018 12:10 AM

Yeah a deadline would be good. The weather's just getting nice here, but I'm not sure how much riding I'll be able to fit in in the next couple of weeks. Rather than rushing it we could finish closer to the end of summer? Or have the deadline in a month, and do another one at the end of summer?

New unused clips would be good too, otherwise we're just repeating what's already on our Instagram (even though I can't do anything other than what I've posted there haha)

|

4/7/2018 12:32 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah a deadline would be good. The weather's just getting nice here, but I'm not sure how much riding I'll be able to fit in ...more

I'd love to stack new and unused clips for this but they'd all have to be self filmed shit. only like 2-3 people who consistently ride anymore here, 2 of them I don't get to ride with often enough, and the other always bitches or is too high to film it properly when I ask him to film a line or something... that's why 99% of my Instagram has been self filmed shit lately haha

|

4/7/2018 12:53 AM

The last song on the second edit is Olympic by millencolin (the only song I liked from their life on a plate album, also the only song on that album they didn't write). It's on a props video, I think issue 13? Brian Foster won a AA Pro race and king of dirt on the same day. Only rider to ever do that I believe. And he done the raddest 360 1 handed table.

Sorry, just being a nerd.

|

4/7/2018 12:57 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah a deadline would be good. The weather's just getting nice here, but I'm not sure how much riding I'll be able to fit in ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'd love to stack new and unused clips for this but they'd all have to be self filmed shit. only like 2-3 people who ...more

Mine will most likely be self filmed too. But if it's edited using splice, Curtis can zoom and pan, so it looks less self filmed (I'm legitimately considering getting an iPhone, just so I can use splice). It's going to be a mixed bag of self filmed/wobbly/good quality/filmed on a potato etc clips anyway probably, that kind of adds to the charm I think?

|

4/7/2018 1:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mine will most likely be self filmed too. But if it's edited using splice, Curtis can zoom and pan, so it looks less self ...more

I'll see what I can come up with. I have a shit ton of handrail clips I'll probably be scrapping for my own edit(s) so I'll probably send one of them over so it gets used somewhere instead of scrapped at least

Splice is okay, I used it years ago and it'd constantly force close so I just stuck with iMovie, not sure if it's improved though but if it has zoom/panning I might have to try it again

I always thought one of those edits where the camera is placed on a tripod on a street with minimal background objects and the rider stands dead center of the camera and has a bike ghost ridden to them, they hop on it and do a trick, jump off and ghost ride it off camera, then it cuts to another rider having his bike ghost ridden to him, do the trick, and so on/so forth with a bunch of riders, would be neat to try just for a "just for fun" sort of thing, seeing how creative people could get

|

4/7/2018 1:33 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'll see what I can come up with. I have a shit ton of handrail clips I'll probably be scrapping for my own edit(s) so I'll ...more

Yeeeesss, I've seen this done before. If it's done right, it turns out sooooo good!

Also, the bunnyhop into the camera which cuts to another rider landing on the other end.

|

@scootereyn

4/7/2018 2:29 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'd love to stack new and unused clips for this but they'd all have to be self filmed shit. only like 2-3 people who ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Mine will most likely be self filmed too. But if it's edited using splice, Curtis can zoom and pan, so it looks less self ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'll see what I can come up with. I have a shit ton of handrail clips I'll probably be scrapping for my own edit(s) so I'll ...more

That would be cool, but hard as hell if you ride on your own!

|