Vital's Game of Bike 2013

Related:
Create New Tag

11/12/2013 9:56 AM

So what did everyone think of the Game of Bike Event? We've made some decisions for next time around, like splitting things up into two smaller games of all street and all park, throwing time limits on trick choice, and some other production choices that will help us speed up our coverage, so you guys can enjoy the rounds that much quicker.

What were some of your favorite matches? Were there people you wished had been in the games but weren't? Were you surprised by the outcome/final 3 riders? How could the games be even more awesome than they already were?

|

11/12/2013 10:30 AM

I'm not going to watch it unless it's uploaded to your channel on youtube.

The Vital video player is too laggy

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/12/2013 10:37 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

It works fine for me.

I think it was good.

|

11/12/2013 10:49 AM

It was great, the only thing i disliked was how street riders were sometimes paired up against park riders and the tricks were just really unfair for types of riders, so I think the all street and all park idea is awesome.

Favorite matches would be Tyler vs Drew, Tyler vs Colin Varanyak and Matt Closson vs Sean Ricany. It would be sick if you invite Chase Hawk, Garrett, Nathan Williams, Dakota Roche, Trey Jones and Tom Dugan, but please don't invite Logan Martin or Luke Parker again...

And maybe hold it at a skatepark, I think it'd be more interesting. Maybe a different skatepark each series

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

11/12/2013 11:05 AM

It was awsome......you guys should get a dirt jump game of bike going

|

11/12/2013 11:25 AM

I liked the group of lesser known but still popular riders, i like the thought of park and street separate but what about guys like Tyler Fernangel who can do both? Good stuff from what i saw, only a very few were painful to watch due to pairing.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/12/2013 12:55 PM

McCheeseKid wrote:

It was great, the only thing i disliked was how street riders were sometimes paired up against park riders and the tricks were just really unfair for types of riders, so I think the all street and all park idea is awesome.

Favorite matches would be Tyler vs Drew, Tyler vs Colin Varanyak and Matt Closson vs Sean Ricany. It would be sick if you invite Chase Hawk, Garrett, Nathan Williams, Dakota Roche, Trey Jones and Tom Dugan, but please don't invite Logan Martin or Luke Parker again...

And maybe hold it at a skatepark, I think it'd be more interesting. Maybe a different skatepark each series

you sound like a butthurt street rider cause logan won lol. if you watched any videos of logan you would soon realise that logan was going extremely easy when up against street riders, they were all pulling out street moves to try beat him so he just did the same back doing park moves.

@op love the idea of park vs park and street vs street, much more ideal. would love to see dan sandoval invited

|

11/12/2013 1:13 PM

tricks... A player should not be able to call a trick if another persons bike is not set up for it... if a kid is brakeless his entire life how is it fair for him to have to do a fufanu? or if hes pegless how is it fair for someone who rides 4 pegs to do a feeble to oppo smith.. that is all... i say keep it street vs park but go to a park to where the park moves wont be so big....

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

11/12/2013 1:16 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

tricks... A player should not be able to call a trick if another persons bike is not set up for it... if a kid is brakeless his entire life how is it fair for him to have to do a fufanu? or if hes pegless how is it fair for someone who rides 4 pegs to do a feeble to oppo smith.. that is all... i say keep it street vs park but go to a park to where the park moves wont be so big....

if they were to dumb down the park tricks then in theory they would have to dumb down the street stuff too, its better just to split street and park.

|

11/12/2013 2:01 PM

Screw all the new kids off and get some of the old dogs out for a game of bike. Riders like Jimmy LeVan, Jim c, guys of that age group

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

11/12/2013 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2013 2:07 PM

McCheeseKid wrote:

F this...... invite more circus trick riders ......if people want to watch a bunch of dinky little grinds there's tons of web videos out for that.......Logan and luke Where awsome to watch

|

11/12/2013 2:16 PM

If the park riders where playing like dicks guettler probably would have won with double backflips and 1080s .......shit Vince Byron didn't even throw any of his big tricks he went easy on that street guy with a 540...... Pretty sweet seeing a street rider throw a 540 on that quarter ....... A good 30 stair bar height rail would make a street contest fun to watch

|

11/12/2013 3:05 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

No.. Well, I think if everyone uses here a Blackberry 9300 or any genuine Blackberry models, It would be great, by using mobile internet on your phone when youre connected to wifi, search www.vitalbmx.com then click videos, once you click videos you can do any of these three, OPEN/SAVE/CANCEL, if you click open, then the video will play, and here's the best part, when you click save, wait for it until it finishes downloading, then after, check it on your Videos, and you can now open, play, and watch without lag. So? What do you say? I myself in my Blackberry 9300 right now, I think I have 23 videos from VitalBMX which includes, Texas Toast, Introducing (Riders), and even my favorite matches in VitalBMX Game of Bike. smile

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/12/2013 3:08 PM

ye should do the forum member game of bike again

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/12/2013 3:11 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

ye should do the forum member game of bike again

No one ever finished the last one...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/12/2013 3:30 PM

i didn't like the riders. i really wanna see sean burns or someone on bone deth play bike.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

11/12/2013 3:37 PM

eskimojay wrote:

It was awsome......you guys should get a dirt jump game of bike going

This. I didn't like the street riders ways though. They stuck to one spot, and were pulling all kinds of techy grinds to 180 manual to tire tap and shit. Then the park riders would go to the spine and fucking do all these mirra tricks. Bad matchup. And half the riders were whiny and bitching about shit like I am now. Corporal hypocrite, out.

|

11/12/2013 3:52 PM

One of the things I liked in the final game was how they both learned new tricks and that's where all of the fun is!

|

11/12/2013 7:37 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

you sound like a butthurt street rider cause logan won lol. if you watched any videos of logan you would soon realise that logan was going extremely easy when up against street riders, they were all pulling out street moves to try beat him so he just did the same back doing park moves.

@op love the idea of park vs park and street vs street, much more ideal. would love to see dan sandoval invited

The only street rider he faced was colin varanyak. And just cause you seem so lost, I hate him because he's boring to watch and does the same shit every time, it's either some next level flair variation on the spine or something over the box jump AKA robot tricks. (and I can tell you like watching that garbage cause you want daniel sandoval to be invited)

He also plays cheap just like luke parker - and before you mention the back and forth between street and park, he was being cheap to park riders too.

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

11/12/2013 8:29 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

if they were to dumb down the park tricks then in theory they would have to dumb down the street stuff too, its better just to split street and park.

i dont like park games of bike... i love watching park edits because you can watch the progression but really in a game of bike there is little to no progression with park.. they either pull it or they dont since everything is so insane. so i think they need to cut park completely and do just street... idk... the most important part to me is the set up thing. if somebody doesn't have pegs the rider with pegs shouldn't be allowed to do peg tricks. because that is just cheap.

|

Deviant BMX store

11/12/2013 11:58 PM

McCheeseKid wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

McCheeseKid wrote:

The only street rider he faced was colin varanyak. And just cause you seem so lost, I hate him because he's boring to watch and does the same shit every time, it's either some next level flair variation on the spine or something over the box jump AKA robot tricks. (and I can tell you like watching that garbage cause you want daniel sandoval to be invited)

He also plays cheap just like luke parker - and before you mention the back and forth between street and park, he was being cheap to park riders too.

luke parker pulled only street tricks against logan, and whilst were on the topic of repetivity lets talk about colin doing that right side feeble left side smith nose fucking thing, saw that every time i saw him ride it seems, to me the tricks the street guys do are just about always boring and repetitive, one to their own tho everyones always going to be different for instance u like street i like park more, one to their own. done.

|

11/13/2013 12:32 AM

I liked the 2011 Game of Bike a lot more.

|

11/13/2013 6:39 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

McCheeseKid wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

luke parker pulled only street tricks against logan, and whilst were on the topic of repetivity lets talk about colin doing that right side feeble left side smith nose fucking thing, saw that every time i saw him ride it seems, to me the tricks the street guys do are just about always boring and repetitive, one to their own tho everyones always going to be different for instance u like street i like park more, one to their own. done.

Yes, the street dudes would always pull some lame grind, over and over, the park dudes at least changed it up.

|

11/13/2013 4:39 PM

A proper battle between evenly matched top park riders would be nuts. Like Kyle Baldock v Logan Martin or something.

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

11/13/2013 5:54 PM

jacobf wrote:

A proper battle between evenly matched top park riders would be nuts. Like Kyle Baldock v Logan Martin or something.

they actually had one... it was sick but the moves werent as big as you would think... but at the time logan wasnt even sponsored and kyle had already been in dew tour so that could be why...

|

Deviant BMX store

11/14/2013 5:55 AM

Oh and i almost forgot. the most important is that the riders should be given time to finish the game. its the games that take forever that are gonna be the best! like the tyler vs drew video was pretty crazy and would have been crazier if you let them finish the game.

|

Deviant BMX store

11/14/2013 9:17 PM

I loved it. I wish there were more tournaments like this. I preferred this year's shortened format to the less edited versions in 2011. There should be bigger names in with the small ones though. I'm looking forward to next year already!

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

11/15/2013 12:50 AM

You all suck, because you don't accept any opinion than your own. Some street riders played cheap, some park riders played cheap. You say street riders suck because they do the same shit all day and then you think park riders are better but they always do the same circus tricks, never seen something NBD in park riding for a long time.

|

11/15/2013 3:12 PM

it was shit this year, it was at a place where people have 2 differant things and its not quite even because obv. the park riders had park and vise-versa, it felt like it was put together overnight. and the lack of a crowd was meh. its best to have it at a place like vans with both equally ammount of street and park and that everyone can ride equally as well. not a place like goddamn woodward. thats like having a front wheel drive car in formula drift. it just wont work as well. it was better at vans, and catfish needs to announce it. he may be slightly annoying but he is good at announcing

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

11/15/2013 3:26 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

You all suck, because you don't accept any opinion than your own. Some street riders played cheap, some park riders played cheap. You say street riders suck because they do the same shit all day and then you think park riders are better but they always do the same circus tricks, never seen something NBD in park riding for a long time.

What'd you have for breakfast? Haterade and bitch flakes?

|