Vitals Longest Manual Contest!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2017 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2017 10:58 AM

So I thought this would be fun, so what's you manuals record? We can all have a manual-off or whatever it should be called lol... but just comment you're best manual and we can try to beat each other's scores... I know mine is about 140 feet... So what about you guys? (Also at the bottom of this post I'll list the person with the longest manual with their username and their manual distance)

VITALS LONGEST MANUAL RECORD HOLDERS

1st) dave lawrence at 1320 feet
2nd) p1p1092 at 1100 feet, sundaybmxRR also at 1100 feet, and ina at 1100 feet as well
3rd)Brayden_Buckingham at 800 feet

VITALS LONGEST BACKWARDS MANUAL RECORD HOLDER

1st) p1p1092 at 320 feet

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/7/2017 3:59 PM

Mines like 23 seconds lol

|

11/7/2017 4:09 PM

Backwards or forwards? I've got both for a few hundred feet tongue

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/7/2017 4:13 PM

Before I say this one I'll need y'all to be seated or else you'll collapse from shock at how long this is.
You ready?....
...4 parking spaces...
((crowd goes absolutely mental))

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/7/2017 4:16 PM

But in all seriousness if this was a skateboard manual record contest I actually have done like a 30-40 second manual once but you know, doing a manual on a skateboard takes only just a little ballance especially a 7.75

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/7/2017 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2017 4:28 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

How about this... I'll add a backwards and forwards manual to the first post... so what's you're record for both? All I know is I'm not going to be on the backwards manual record list anytime soon.... but you also have a Z-Coaster so that helps lol... I'll also add a longest nose manual/hang 5 as well....

|

11/7/2017 4:28 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

How long is that on feet do you know? Becasue basing it off time will be hard...

|

11/7/2017 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2017 4:37 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

How about this... I'll add a backwards and forwards manual to the first post... so what's you're record for both? All I know ...more

I didn't always have a Z-Coaster tongue. I only got the Z-Coaster on Friday so I haven't had much chance to mess around with it. I'd say keep it simple for the moment and keep this thread back wheel related.

That said though:
Backwards: 320 feet
Forwards: 1100 feet
Nose: 30 feet
Hang 5: 320 feet

I'm not sure if those are my longest but they're the ones that come to mind that I can do easily.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/7/2017 5:36 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I didn't always have a Z-Coaster tongue. I only got the Z-Coaster on Friday so I haven't had much chance to mess around with it. I'd ...more

Dang bro! Those numbers are really impressive... I also removed the nose manual hang five thing as well... becasue yeah you're right just keep it simple with back wheel related tricks...

|

11/7/2017 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2017 6:10 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dang bro! Those numbers are really impressive... I also removed the nose manual hang five thing as well... becasue yeah you're ...more

Thanks man smile, they're the tricks that keep me entertained while I'm injured and keep me comfortable on my bike so they get worked on a lot for short periods of time, just trying to add a few feet here and there or develop my control a little more.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

11/7/2017 5:48 PM

Kind of an easy thing people could lie about, and also not a lot of people measure that sort of thing... I know I don't. I've manualed a couple blocks going down a road though, looking on google maps tells me it's just over 1000ft. There's also a road next to the skatepark that I've manualed quite easily before, which is easily over 1000 feet. I'll throw a photo up but I'd guess it's around 1100ft as well. I went from a little before the line to the right (there's a building there and it's kinda hard to see where the sidewalk meets blacktop which is where I started), all the way down to the gate at the parking lot (which is just under the red dropped pin/top of the "r" in "Memorial"

The thing with both of those is, I could have easily kept going. The street in town I manual goes a couple blocks then you can't go straight anymore so I have to stop. Sometimes if someone tells me I'm good/no cars, I keep going around the corner some but that's hard to say how long... the one at the park, I could easily keep going but there's a gate. It'd be interesting to see how much further I could go though but I know I could keep going.

|

11/7/2017 5:49 PM

Photo

|

11/7/2017 6:17 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

But in all seriousness if this was a skateboard manual record contest I actually have done like a 30-40 second manual once but ...more

Dang that's impressive on a skateboard! I know I can't manual for squat on a skateboard!

|

11/7/2017 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 5:30 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Kind of an easy thing people could lie about, and also not a lot of people measure that sort of thing... I know I don't. I've ...more

Yeah it is any easy thing to lie about but I'm just hoping people will be honest... but I'll add you there fr what you said which was 1100 feet... And I actually measure my manuals becasue my street has a whole bunch of line where the individual slabs of concrete were poured which are about 60-70 feet apart and I measure my self by the amount of lines I passed... and I have one of those measuring wheel things that you roll across the ground and it tells you the number of feet it's been pushed on a little screen so I use that to measure my manuals...

|

11/7/2017 6:29 PM

Like 2 small city blocks

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/7/2017 6:42 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Like 2 small city blocks

So what would that be? Like 900-1000 feet?

|

11/7/2017 6:44 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

How long is that on feet do you know? Becasue basing it off time will be hard...

Prolly like 4 car parking spaces, its not much lol

|

11/7/2017 6:52 PM

However many feet 4 parking spaces are lol....

I have not put in the time to learn them yet.

|

11/7/2017 9:04 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

However many feet 4 parking spaces are lol....

I have not put in the time to learn them yet.

Join the club brother. Love them but haven't mastered them.

|

11/7/2017 9:34 PM

If someone can find the ”lord voelker ” video from 2000, I'm pretty sure Eric rides across a whole city without a front wheel... Its off YouTube so I can't link it

|

11/8/2017 1:01 AM

Having only been on a BMX for 4 months after a decade at least away, I'm definitely no king of the manual and have never looked at how long. I'm guessing 200ft or so, pretty embarrassing, but still a nice feeling.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/8/2017 5:23 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Having only been on a BMX for 4 months after a decade at least away, I'm definitely no king of the manual and have never ...more

Ok 200 feet.. not bad. Better than me at 140 feet... but I'm also like you... I've only been riding hard for about 5-6 months... but I plan to dedicate even more time to manuals so I can still hold a spot on the list lol...

|

11/8/2017 5:28 AM

^^ And to the guys up there with only like 4 parking spaces, I love your guys honesty! But hey! Just jeep practicing and you'll get it! Manuals took me like forever to learn just keepimg balance is the hard part... but once you get it and lock em' in, you'll be manualing for days!

|

11/8/2017 5:30 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Like 2 small city blocks

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

So what would that be? Like 900-1000 feet?

Since he said "two small city blocks" I'd say that's probably around 800ft.

|

11/8/2017 5:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 5:39 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Since he said "two small city blocks" I'd say that's probably around 800ft.

Yeah that's about what I tought... I'll add you now Brayden...

|

11/8/2017 9:22 AM

I don't think I've ever once measured a manual. Or even thought about how far it might be in feet. But I can do em pretty far, even adding a crank or 2 to keep my speed going. I prefer doing them onto and out of things than as a stand alone trick on flat though

|

11/8/2017 3:38 PM

using time (seconds) to judge your distance isn't accurate at all.

if you're going 5 mph or 30 mph and hold the front wheel off the ground for 30 seconds, one manual will be MUCH further.

|

11/8/2017 5:35 PM

pnj wrote:

using time (seconds) to judge your distance isn't accurate at all.

if you're going 5 mph or 30 mph and hold the front wheel ...more

Yes exactly... so that's why I'm asking people to tell me in feet lol

|

11/8/2017 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 6:20 PM

3.125 feet

3ft 1/8 inches

come at me bro

|

11/9/2017 6:10 PM

you guys will nevr beleive me but in all honesty i have manualed over 1100 ft.I used to have a dirt jumper and thats all i could do so i got really good at it.about the only thing im good at

|