Volume Union Toronto Frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2018 9:10 AM

Sup guys! I am still continuing my search for a new frame (I decided not to go with the Villicus frame) and came across a brand new Volume Union Toronto frame in 21TT. I haven't found much info about the frame and would appreciate it if you guys would let me know if it's a good buy or not.

Photo

|

10/3/2018 9:15 AM

I have nothing smart to say about this but for some reason I absolutely love the colour.

|

10/3/2018 9:17 AM

Yeah man I think it looks real good. Do you think it would go good with blue/black parts?

|

10/3/2018 9:29 AM

They're good frames but made in 2007. So they won't have huge tire clearance i believe i could get a 2.1 in mine. 74.5 ht and 13.75 rear is all I remember geo wise.

|

10/3/2018 10:26 AM

Alright. I'm checking with the buyer and having him measure the dropouts since I run a 2.4 tire.

|

10/3/2018 2:15 PM

Shoula got that Villicus frame...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/3/2018 2:38 PM

Volume frames are sick . Probably the best frame I've rode was a Volume

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/3/2018 4:03 PM

I think Volume frames are nice. Its an older frame but still very good quality. I hope I don't snap this one haha.

|

10/3/2018 7:19 PM

It turns out it is from 07. Still gonna buy it, Volume frames are legit.

|

10/3/2018 7:33 PM

99% positive a 2.4 tire will not fit

|

10/3/2018 9:10 PM

12 year old frame with 12 year old geometry..

Also, my experience with an older Volume (Drifter) was that the dimensions of the frame were far off from advertised. 21.1" TT felt substaintially shorter than my previous 21" frames, 13.5" CS required substantially less chain links than my previous 13.5" CS frame..

Maybe mine was built wrong or it was a fluke, but I definitely did not like it.

That said, it's a cool looking frame. Would be cool to build a color scheme off of. I personally would go for something more modern for my daily shredder.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/4/2018 5:55 AM

I was planning to go with a newer frame, but I decided to give it go because I trust Volume frames and could get this one cheap that I really liked. I just need the frame itself to be strong and hold up.

|

10/4/2018 6:28 AM

WildeB33st wrote:

Yeah man I think it looks real good. Do you think it would go good with blue/black parts?

I love the Blue and Yellow combo idea. It's the Buffalo Sabres colors. And a rival team of the Toronto Maple Leafs. DO IT!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

10/4/2018 6:57 AM

WildeB33st wrote:

I was planning to go with a newer frame, but I decided to give it go because I trust Volume frames and could get this one cheap that I really liked. I just need the frame itself to be strong and hold up.

You'll need new tires then lol

|

10/4/2018 11:36 AM

The guy I bought it from said a 2.2 tire fit slammed. He said as soon as you pull the wheel back a little it opens up. So I think a 2.4 should fit, at least I hope so!

|

10/4/2018 11:40 AM

WildeB33st wrote:

The guy I bought it from said a 2.2 tire fit slammed. He said as soon as you pull the wheel back a little it opens up. So I think a 2.4 should fit, at least I hope so!

Animal makes a really nice 2.3.

|

10/4/2018 5:45 PM

Photo
Photo

This was with the 2.2 tire he fitted. You really don't think a 2.4 will fit? Even if the axle is pulled back a little?
|

10/4/2018 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 6:18 PM

I’m going with no, a 2.4 is not going to fit after looking at that picture. It appears like the tire clearance with that 2.2 is too tight for me. A slightly bent rim and your out of commission.

|

10/4/2018 6:21 PM

Ok. Both those pictures were the axle slammed. If you want to see what it looks like with the axle pulled back a little bit I will post them.

|

10/4/2018 6:21 PM

Yeah 2.4 will not fit.

|

10/4/2018 6:38 PM

What size would you recommend then?

|

10/4/2018 6:39 PM

If your running brakes 2.1 max

|

10/4/2018 6:52 PM

No need for a big rear tire anyways. Stick a 2.1 on there and take satisfaction in the fact that you're saving weight

|

10/4/2018 7:06 PM

Thank you all for the input. I emailed Volume and asked them if they had any clue as to the tire size the frame will accommodate. I run an Eastern frame and a 2.4 barely fits in it, but I opened up the axle a little and it's been fine for almost a year. I will wait for a response back from them, in the meantime thank you all for the help!
-Evan

|

10/4/2018 7:52 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Thank you all for the input. I emailed Volume and asked them if they had any clue as to the tire size the frame will accommodate. I run an Eastern frame and a 2.4 barely fits in it, but I opened up the axle a little and it's been fine for almost a year. I will wait for a response back from them, in the meantime thank you all for the help!
-Evan

Id personally keep looking around dude... Bullet may have a Sunday Street Sweeper he might sell i think....

|

10/4/2018 8:08 PM

There's also someone selling a super clean WTP frame in the for sale section too...

|

10/4/2018 8:17 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

-Evan

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Id personally keep looking around dude... Bullet may have a Sunday Street Sweeper he might sell i think....

Honestly man, that’s what I would have done. I didn’t have the money and I decided to buy the frame. I’ve always liked the colorway and the reliability of older Volume frames. It’s funny that people are saying I need to run a 2.1 when that guy was able to fit a 2.2 with ease. I’ll jist wait until the frame comes in and order tires based on what I think the dropouts can fit.

|

10/4/2018 8:32 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Honestly man, that’s what I would have done. I didn’t have the money and I decided to buy the frame. I’ve always liked the colorway and the reliability of older Volume frames. It’s funny that people are saying I need to run a 2.1 when that guy was able to fit a 2.2 with ease. I’ll jist wait until the frame comes in and order tires based on what I think the dropouts can fit.

How much did you pay for it? That may help decide if it was worth it lol

|

10/4/2018 8:34 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

WildeB33st wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

How much did you pay for it? That may help decide if it was worth it lol

110 shipped

|

10/5/2018 3:45 AM

WildeB33st wrote:

110 shipped

Eh, that's not too too bad i guess...

|