WD-40 will it affect glossy black frame

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2013 3:46 AM

I am deciding to take the stickers off my bike when I get it. I will probably use a heat gun on a low setting to remove the stickers.... but I have been told about using wd-40 to remove the sticker residue?

will it affect my glossy frame ?

will using a heat gun work also ?

|

10/25/2013 4:41 AM

No.

Yes. But I watched a video of a guy removing a sticker from his car with WD-40 and it seemed like you wouldn't even need the heat gun at all.

|

10/25/2013 6:45 AM

I used hairspray. Let it soak into the residue for a few secondd and then it wiped right off.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/25/2013 7:36 AM

I use this gunk/tar remover that my dad has in his garage and it doesn't affect the paint just make sure that you clean it with water afterwards just in case it soaks into the paint.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/25/2013 10:35 AM

I used a hair dryer and wd40 to remove a dealer decal from my car, didn't affect the paint at all

|

10/25/2013 4:55 PM

Axe body spray works too and leaves your bike smelling nice haha.

just peel the sticker off and if there's any residue, just spray some body spray on there, let it sit for like 10 seconds, then take a rag and wipe it off. DON'T use paper towels! They stick to the residue sometimes and make an even bigger mess

|