Josephjarome wrote:

Sunday Scout 2017 or Subrosa Salvador 2019

Photo
Photo

Sunday> subrosa imo

|

5/5/2020 7:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2020 12:11 PM

They are a horse a piece as neither is full chomoly and I'm sure they have similar low-grade3 parts. That being said, you might want to consider the frame size and your height to help you make your decision. the Subrosa has a 20.85" TT vs. the Scout's 20.5". So if you are taller, that might be something to consider. Outside of that, my personal preference would be to the Sunday.

|

5/5/2020 10:53 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

They are a horse a piece as neither is full chomoly and I'm sure they have similar low-grade3 parts. That being said, you ...more

25.85" is friggin' massive.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

5/5/2020 10:58 AM

Subrosa > Sunday

|

5/5/2020 11:03 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Subrosa > Sunday

Subrosa is cool but I've never been a big fan of them, I did think the slayer bike was beyond cool though even if it wasn't a great bike. Then again both of these brands require you to put down more money than others to get the good shit.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

5/5/2020 12:38 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

They are a horse a piece as neither is full chomoly and I'm sure they have similar low-grade3 parts. That being said, you ...more

Thanks man! Yeah I would get something better if I had the money but at the moment, on a tight budget and wanting to get back into bmx. Each bike is barely used at $250. Im 5'8" so not to tall lol, but I have been leaning towards the Sunday. For some reason the look and shape is a lot more satisfying by appearance.. is that just me? or do you see it to?

|

5/5/2020 12:46 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Josephjarome wrote:

Thanks man! Yeah I would get something better if I had the money but at the moment, on a tight budget and wanting to get back ...more

Screw it, get the Sunday if that's what you want. I think, at your height, it's a slightly better fit as well. Get it, ride it, & enjoy it.

|

5/5/2020 12:56 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Josephjarome wrote:

Thanks man! Yeah I would get something better if I had the money but at the moment, on a tight budget and wanting to get back ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Screw it, get the Sunday if that's what you want. I think, at your height, it's a slightly better fit as well. Get it, ride ...more

What would you suggest be the first parts I swap when I get the money??

|

5/5/2020 1:11 PM

Josephjarome wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Screw it, get the Sunday if that's what you want. I think, at your height, it's a slightly better fit as well. Get it, ride ...more

Josephjarome wrote:

If you like getting a lot of air I bet the bars on either bike will go first, if you want to learn 180 or 3’s the rims would go first. I spent twice as much on my first complete and I bent the rear rim and left side of the handle bars in one day... I know I’ve said this so many times on different threads but odyssey 41-thermal is the way to go for me. I’m more of a park rider I don’t like street or flat tricks. I mainly focus on gaps and air. Also have my eye on Sean burns brand of complete double walled wheels but those are 250 for one wheel lol

|

5/5/2020 1:12 PM

If you ever get new forks or spindle and what not or if your bearings start going bad upgrade to sealed bearings they will last longer

|

5/5/2020 1:32 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Josephjarome wrote:

rainescustoms99 wrote:

If you like getting a lot of air I bet the bars on either bike will go first, if you want to learn 180 or 3’s the rims would ...more

Yeah my buddy and i used to race so I'm more of that air, 360s, turn down kinda guy aha. Thats good info thanks a lot man! I mean my last bike was 8 years ago when i was in my teens and it was a sapient.. didn't know what i was getting myself into with that bike hahah, but it was all i could afford and i was able to learn 360s on it, either way I'm sure either one of these bikes will be a huge upgrade from that!

|

5/5/2020 1:41 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Subrosa > Sunday

HavokDJ wrote:

Subrosa is cool but I've never been a big fan of them, I did think the slayer bike was beyond cool though even if it wasn't a ...more

The way I see it subrosa was started by Ryan Sher who is a badass dude and former pro rider I’d support , Sunday was started by Jim cielenski who not only left the brand but I always though of as a Whiney little pussy ever since seeing him get mad at guys for grinding in a pool on road fools

|

5/6/2020 8:38 AM

rainescustoms99 wrote:

If you like getting a lot of air I bet the bars on either bike will go first, if you want to learn 180 or 3’s the rims would ...more

Seans burns anything is probably indestructible considering he hurls himself off roofs on pretty much the daily.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

5/6/2020 8:42 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Subrosa > Sunday

HavokDJ wrote:

Subrosa is cool but I've never been a big fan of them, I did think the slayer bike was beyond cool though even if it wasn't a ...more

eskimojay wrote:

The way I see it subrosa was started by Ryan Sher who is a badass dude and former pro rider I’d support , Sunday was started ...more

Yeah, though I wasn’t referring to the riders necessarily, I was meaning more their parts. Though honestly my favorite brand is S&M by far, riders and parts. Liberté/St. Martin is a close second (riders and S&M made parts) and Hoffman bikes based on Kevin Jones alone. Odyssey is cool but I only really dig their brakes and wheels+tires, plus chase gouin (last I remember) rides for them so there’s that.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

7/3/2020 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2020 6:35 PM

I have the 2019 Salvador and it’s absolutely amazing in every aspect. Beat the piss out of it on the daily and haven’t had any troubles at all so far. I’ve had it for three months now

|

7/4/2020 12:50 AM

I would get the Sunday but I'm probably just bias

|

U WOT M9

7/7/2020 6:55 AM

I actually had a Sunday Scout 2017 in that exact Trans Red colour. Not gona lie was super solid. It seemed indestructable for such a low price. Up to you thought.

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/7/2020 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2020 8:58 AM

I debated on both models new when I was buying. But misshin had the Eastern which I'm super thankul. All chromoly. Cuz I get such big air. (LOL, sarcasm) It's a great bike. Thank you sir!

OP, you can get a new mongoose L100 for not a heck of a lot more than those used ones. Just a thought. I have no clue if the mongoose would be better than the scout overall, but the frame is all chromoly. The other parts might not be as good though.. . Not sure. But it would be brand new. Amazon.

I do like that trans red color though.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun