WTP AWAKE

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2015 2:01 AM

http://digbmx.com/dig-this/first-look-ed-zundas-wtp-awake-line
Looks really good. Frame seems like it has good specs and those cranks sound amazing ! Wonder how they'd hold up . I'd like to try a pair .

We The People makes great bikes . I wonder how their aftermarket frames would be .

Also crap question , if you feeble but without your pegs on the ledge but grinding below it , is that a _____ or a messed up feeble

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/5/2015 4:23 AM

im confused by that question at the end!

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

8/5/2015 7:28 AM

Pedal feeble probably, to answer your last question. My favorite lip trick, hands down.
Either that or an un-luc e

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/5/2015 8:41 AM

I had a lookie at that link.

One word. WOW!

From my personal view, and I am more Dirt oriented so don't expect good stuff, I think that the CS is extremely short! Also, the BB is quite high and the TT quite steep...

That frame must be a beast on the streets!

But must also be a bit unstable on the jumps...

I have been drifting away from WTP recently, because I realized that they were more street than any other discipline... And I don't like some of the editing music too.

But the riding looks dope and amazing, and I continue to value WTP as a very good entry brand into BMX. Not cheap, but not sh*t.

But... I'm going for other brands when my frame snaps. Or maybe not. We'll see.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/5/2015 9:50 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

Pedal feeble probably, to answer your last question. My favorite lip trick, hands down.

Got any tips for pedal feebs? It's been a while since I've done them and I can seem to lock in

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/5/2015 11:22 AM

I like it, definitely would ride it too!

I like WTP. They have some nice ideas put in place for a frame, so there is that. I like the thicker stays and down tube, probably heavy as fuck but its stronger too so who knows lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/5/2015 12:22 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Got any tips for pedal feebs? It's been a while since I've done them and I can seem to lock in

do you do pedal feebles with your front foot or back foot?

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

8/5/2015 2:06 PM

Skylight wrote:

One word. WOW!

From my personal view, and I am more Dirt oriented so don't expect good stuff, I ...more

ive been debating between a stranger ballast and fit hood bird, hoodbird has a 75.75 HT haha looking something long but still agile, its wierd cuz when i was in my prime i rode street on an s&m black bike which was total trail geo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

8/5/2015 3:43 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

ticaleb wrote:

back foot
front foot feels weird because you pedal forward

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/5/2015 4:03 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

back foot

ah i see. I do a ton of front foot pedal grinds but I can't wrap my mind around doing them on my back foot side.

|

Instagram
bike check

8/5/2015 4:42 PM

ticaleb wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

back foot

ticaleb wrote:

ah i see. I do a ton of front foot pedal grinds but I can't wrap my mind around doing them on my back foot side.

any tips for front footed ones?

|

8/5/2015 4:47 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

I try to have my crank pointed downward by the time I land on the ledge so that it ends up being perpendicular to the ledge. I also try to be as flat on my pedal as possible or leaning slightly on the outside of my pedal. if I'm tilted the other way my crank arm grinds and slows me down. then when I dismount I usually just turn my tire slightly and ride off. there's a couple pedal grind clips in my Instagram. only 1 recent one tho. any back foot tips? lol

|

Instagram
bike check

8/5/2015 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2015 5:28 PM

ticaleb wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

ticaleb wrote:

I try to have my crank pointed downward by the time I land on the ledge so that it ends up being perpendicular to the ledge. I ...more

just tried a couple and heres what i came up with

with back feebles you can basically stay with your cranks in line with your chainstay and be fine if the ledge is medium height but if i hold my bike up to the same ledge with my cranks in the same position but front pedal forward you will be grinding basically on the spindle portion of the crank, so you have to crank down to grind on the actual pedal

plus, if you don't have too much slack (on a cassette this week) the pedal pressure makes it more difficult to mess up that bad

i just try to not put a lot of weight on my front end, and keep my tire close to the edge. i cant oppo feeble very well and i figured that would transfer to pedal grinds but you get a way larger margin of error and its easier. plus im sure back pedal feeble -> easy 180 is waaaaay easier than front feeble->opposite easy or regular hard

|

8/5/2015 8:31 PM

I wouldn't mind this or a Ballast .

Pedal feeble , nahh... calling it an unluc-e

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/5/2015 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2015 5:28 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yea definitely not an unluce

I'm pretty sure you just slipped off a feeble

|

8/5/2015 9:26 PM

To Answer Your Last Question, That's Just A Proper Ghost Feeble M8!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/5/2015 11:28 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

just tried a couple and heres what i came up with

with back feebles you can basically stay with your cranks in line with ...more

thanks, good to know. I need to put in work on these and get them figured out, cus like
you said, 180 out of a front foot pedal is stupid hard. I'm running a cassette for another couple weeks so slack will be an issue soon.

|

Instagram
bike check

8/5/2015 11:37 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Un luc-e is front peg & pedal.

|

8/5/2015 11:56 PM

Fuck it , I'll take it anyways

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/6/2015 1:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2015 1:28 AM

Skylight wrote:

One word. WOW!

From my personal view, and I am more Dirt oriented so don't expect good stuff, I ...more

We actually have a full trails line dropping in a few months. This will include a frame, fork, bar, stem, sprocket and more, all designed in conjunction with a team of trails riders.

The frame will feature a mellower headtube and lower BB than any of our other frames, and also much different styling to anything else we offer.

We will be premiering the full range at Interbike next month so look out smile

|

8/6/2015 8:28 AM

WTP having a dirt jump line?

What did I just do in my life to deserve this?

WEEPEEEEEEE!

Hey, WTP, if your dirt jump line is as good, or even better than your street line, than I cross my heart and kiss my elbow that I am going to stay with you guys forever...

What is the expected geometry range?

Oh, and a few questions that have always burned me since searching for WTP Bikes around (I waited 1 year before i got into BMX, my first choice was a WTP and had to wait until a local shop decided getting WTP completes). Sorry for not putting these into the "Questions" part of the forum.

What is the motivation behind WeThepeople, aside from making the best bikes, surviving in the world, getting paid and riding bikes?

How do you see the World of today, from the seat of your bikes, and from the seat of BMX innovation and quality?

What are the biggest negatives can you think of, being a major BMX company? Is it waking up everyday? XP

Are you like some others, being cool, riding bikes, innovating, and just plainly surviving or do you have a different vision? As in "greenie" stuff? I don't see that much in the WTP bike line, but maybe I will have to look better... i don't have the best internet in the world....

Cheers.

|

8/11/2015 7:21 AM

Skylight wrote:

WTP having a dirt jump line?

What did I just do in my life to deserve this?

WEEPEEEEEEE!

Hey, WTP, if your dirt jump line ...more

Yup, the PATROL line will be available around October/November depending where you are in the world.

Cant giveaway too much about the geo yet, but we will have a whole custom bike built up at Interbike where we will be giving away more info smile

|

8/11/2015 9:34 AM

Gee thanks for answering, i though you guys would let this thread bury down and force me to forget...

Then that means I'll have to wait till next year...

WTP all the way!

|