WTP Crysis 2017

Related:
Create New Tag

5/12/2017 12:19 PM

I have a few questions about this bike:
On the wethepeople site it says FULL CRMO, but when I check another online shops there says "4130 crmo DT, TT, tapered SS and CS", what does that mean? Is it full crmo or not?
Btw, should I choose the cassette or freecoaster version?

|

5/12/2017 1:09 PM

It says full crmo everywhere I checked. Maybe the site you checked had an older model not the 2017. As for cassette or freecoaster... That's entirely up to you. How you think your riding style's gonna be and whichever suits it better.

|

Rider & A Writer

5/12/2017 1:21 PM

All the tubing is 100% CrMo, there just stating that the SS (seat stays) and CS (chain stays) are "tapered" 4130 CrMo tubing.

Even though frames are 100% chromoly some tubes might be tapered, or even "butted", so they usually disclaim that (vs. frames made with an all "butted" tubset).

What you want to look out for is "CrMo Front Triangle", or "CrMo DT and TT" (implying that the ST, SS and CS are Hi-Ten).

|

5/12/2017 2:10 PM

Sick bike , my local has the 2016 ? With 4 piece bars and a coaster , hubguards and pegs . I've ridden it and damn it's so nice , I almost wanted to pick it up as a spare / jib bike .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/12/2017 3:30 PM

vck wrote:

It says full crmo everywhere I checked. Maybe the site you checked had an older model not the 2017. As for cassette or ...more

yep, my 2011 Crysis has TT, DT, CS, Forks and Bars in chromoly, so i imagine the Seat stay and seat post isn't, dont know what year it went to full chromoly but latest ones the past couple of years i looked at were all 100% chromoly

|

5/12/2017 4:17 PM

4130 is the grade of the chromo used. Almost every frame is made from it.

|

5/12/2017 4:47 PM

choco2k wrote:

I have a few questions about this bike:
On the wethepeople site it says FULL CRMO, but when I check another online shops there ...more

Tapered is just the style of the tubing. SS(SEAT STAY, CT(CHAIN STAY).

|