WTP Envy 2016 vs 2017

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2016 1:52 PM

Hi all,

Looking at getting a WTP Envy and managed to get hold of a spec list for the 2017 model, the only thing is I'm not convinced that it's actually better than the 2016 model.

A comparison of the 2016 and 2017 models is shown below. Looks like better rims on the 2017 but wouldn't the cranks, sprocket and hubs be better on the 2016 model? If they were the same price which would you get?

Photo

|

7/29/2016 2:19 PM

Well the 2016 comes with a freecoaster. So that's what would make my mind up between the 2. I'm currently thinking about trying a freecoaster, but I'm not sure if I'd like it, so I'd personally go for the 2017. Although, the other way to look at it is you could get the 2016 and swap wheels with someone if you don't like the freecoaster.....

Other than that the spec is very similar, it's hard to say which rims and sprocket are actually better as they're much of a muchness really

|

7/29/2016 2:27 PM

Cheers for the advice. I'm not too fussed by the freecoaster so might hang on a month or two for the 2017 to come out.

|

7/29/2016 4:59 PM

2016 has a coaster and fatter tires . Coaster itself is a big difference . Supreme hubs are really good ( I had the V1's ) so if you want a cassette the 2017 is for you . The only concern is that the 2017 has Predator tires , I have them and they suck pretty bad unfortunately , wear out so fast . Slippery too .

Personally the 2016 would be my go to

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/29/2016 10:32 PM

id get the sunday soundwave special. its cheaper and has better parts and better warranty than any wtp/eclat part has

|

7/29/2016 11:04 PM

Blimey, yeah that soundwave is awesome! I didn't realise the envy cost that much, that's getting close to the cost of a good custom build, especially if you can get a few second hand bits at a good price (I think anyway, I'm no good at conversions. And bike parts are more expensive over here)

|

7/30/2016 12:42 AM

Agree about the Soundwave. The trouble is I'm getting it through CycleScheme so get 40% off the RRP. I can't find any CycleScheme approved dealers that stock Sunday though....in fact I can;t find many UK dealers that stock Sunday full stop.

|

7/30/2016 1:25 AM

Ah, fair enough. Yeah I can't find anyone that stocks Sunday completes in the UK too.

You may not be able to get a bmx through that scheme. I know you can't through the cycle2work scheme. As it's supposed to be a commuting bike. You can get away with decent mtb's, but they class bmx as a kids bike because of the wheel size. Definitely worth checking before you apply

|

7/30/2016 2:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2016 2:02 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Ah, fair enough. Yeah I can't find anyone that stocks Sunday completes in the UK too.

You may not be able to get a bmx ...more

Luckily my local bike shop who stock wtp are willing to bend the rules wink

I only live 1 mile from work though so will actually be using it to commute on.

|