WTP, Haro, Kink... how to start?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2014 6:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2014 7:30 AM

Hi guys! I'm 21 years old and new to this forum, and I'm also new to bmx. I would like a good, solid beginner/middle class bmx bike that's gonna last for a while and my decision has come down to the WTP 2014 Crysis, HARO 2014 400.1, KINK 2014 Barrier and KINK 2014 Whip Hamlin.

The price gap between cheapest and more expansive is $157, but is there a "better" bike overall? Considering price, quality, brand, etc...

Here are the links to each:

WTP 2014 Crysis $ 492.95

HARO 2014 400.1 $ 433.45

KINK 2014 Barrier $ 391.96

KINK 2014 Whip Hamlin $ 335.96

Thanks, everyone smile

|

8/21/2014 6:58 AM

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the BMX world.

WeThePeople are one of the top brands in BMX, they make the best complete bikes in my opinion (my 2 year old bike is still fine)

What you want to look for :

Full Chromoly (frame,forks,bars,cranks)
Sealed Bearings
Integrated headset
Double wall rims
3 piece cranks.

The best complete brands (in my opinion) :

WeThePeople
Sunday
Fit

The more expensive a bike is the better quality it will be better.

Don't cheap out and buy a cheap bike that won't last you as long as a 500 dollar bike.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/21/2014 7:06 AM

I'd go for thee WTP but none of those are bad choices.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/21/2014 7:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2014 7:09 AM

I started on a 2012 whip & zero of the parts broke,per the bikes fault. It felt like a good place to start and was all basic geo so i could choose what i liked when i went to buy parts, plus warranty was great with the back hub i broke because of being stupid and not tightening it until it was thrashed from banging around.

Someone i know bought a crysis and it didnt last long, but he also is the sketchiest rider ever.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/21/2014 8:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2014 8:25 AM

Go with the Wethepeople out of those choices , but if it were me I'd spend that same amount of cash on a decent second hand custom...makes more financial sense in the long run.

Also then If you decide bmx isn't for you you'll have a bike that your likely to be able to sell on, compared to a second hand complete bike that wont go for much.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/21/2014 10:20 AM

^
I bought a Bike off a member here (Ohioan thnx again) with gsport front,full verde cartel setup & redline devices for 250$ with some extra stuff and its been good to me thus far with some parts off my last setup.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/21/2014 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2014 7:06 AM

First of all thanks for info! I think that i'll go for WTP. I was looking for second hand custom, but is difficult find a decent one here in Italy (very few MTB forum) and maybe I prefer to get a new one ^^

A question about KINK Barrier... do you know if it has double wall rims or not? Because in some spec is indicated, but not in others ermm

EDIT: it has DW rims

|