WTP Trust 2014 vs WTP Zodiac 2014

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2014 9:05 PM

I've been looking around for a new complete bike, and now I'm undecided between the WTP Trust and the WTP Zodiac, both 2014 models. The Zodiac is 120€ more than the Trust, and I can stretch my budget to buy the Zodiac, but I want to know if it's really worth it.
They both have similar frames (full crmo, removable brake stuff and integrated chain tensioners), and besides that, the only big diferences between the two are the front hub, stem, rims and sprocket (the Zodiac has a spline drive sprocket).

WTP Trust: http://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/bikes/trust

WTP Zodiac: http://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/bikes/zodiac

So, should I stretch my budget to buy the Zodiac or should I stick with the Trust?

|

3/28/2014 11:17 PM

I'd say the zodiac is worth it.. The tires on the zodiac are 30 each.. Then add the magic,fork and you'll be saving a lot..

|

Bang Bang bmx

3/29/2014 12:18 AM

Zodiac

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/29/2014 1:23 AM

best to go with the zodiac man. more reliable parts.

|

3/29/2014 2:25 AM

Zodiac.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/29/2014 2:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 4:00 AM

Thanks for all the answers. Just one more question: the Zodiac has a spline drive sprocket, wich is great because it eliminates tight spots in the chain, but I've heard that spline drive sprockets wears out the spline. Is that true and is it something I should be concerned about?

|

3/29/2014 6:22 AM

You shouldnt be concerned.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/29/2014 12:38 PM

tiagofilipedinisferreira wrote:

Thanks for all the answers. Just one more question: the Zodiac has a spline drive sprocket, wich is great because it ...more

just grease the splines from time to time.

|

3/29/2014 1:05 PM

I got spline drive...its all good. No worries.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/29/2014 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 5:15 PM

Go with the trust. Beat the friggin snot out of it and replace broken parts with stuff you want as needed. Frame looks raw and is bueno

|

3/29/2014 8:26 PM

Thanks for all the answers. Just one more question: the Zodiac has a spline drive sprocket, wich is great because it ...more

It doesn't eliminate tight spots I'll tell you that much.. I bought a brand new profile spline drive sprocket and I put it on and there was a massive tight spot..

|

Bang Bang bmx

3/30/2014 8:03 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

It doesn't eliminate tight spots I'll tell you that much.. I bought a brand new profile spline drive sprocket and I put it on ...more

That's what I've heard... I never had a spline drive sprocket, but I would like to try one.

Well, I still have 1 month to decide wich one I'm gonna buy... Both bikes have nice parts and both look really nice. I'm 100% sure I'm gonna have enough money to buy the Trust, and if I buy the Trust, I'll be happy enough. But if I have the money to buy the Zodiac, I'll go for it.

|

3/30/2014 12:06 PM

That's what I've heard... I never had a spline drive sprocket, but I would like to try one.

Well, I still have 1 month to ...more

Good philosophy

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER