WTP VOLTA 2016

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2016 12:11 AM

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and was just looking for some advice. I'm looking to get back into riding again after 5 years out and WeThePeople came highly recommended. After a few weeks of looking around, i've decided on the Volta. I can pick it up for £615 brand new and just wanted some clarification on whether it's worth the investment.

Thanks.

|

5/2/2016 12:53 AM

Hi JaxPorter,

First, welcome to the site and welcome back to BMX!

WTP make solid bikes of great quality, they have been in BMX for a relatively long period now-no part should fail you. Their reputation is based on solid ground. The WTP bikes are great, and this is truer the more expensive the bikes get.

The Volta is at the top (under the Envy) of what the brand offers and comes very well equipped, with strong and durable parts. It is, with no doubt, a good investment, as it will last you many years to come (10 years is even possible)!

The fact that it is a high end complete is also a good argument if you want to resell the bike, as it should fetch a good return price.

Without knowing your skill level, I would suggest the Trust as it would be less expensive for you and yet as durable, leaving place for swapping of some parts to fit you.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/2/2016 1:41 AM

Skylight wrote:

Hi JaxPorter,

First, welcome to the site and welcome back to BMX!

WTP make solid bikes of great quality, they have been in ...more

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. I'll look into the Trust

|

5/2/2016 7:41 AM

From the £ sign I'm guessing you're from the UK? It's a solid bike. But it's well worth shopping around a bit. Sourcebmx.com often has sales, and winstanleysbmx.com often has old stock reduced.
For that kind of money there's quite a few options. And you could easily find a good custom for less than that

|

5/2/2016 7:47 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

From the sign I'm guessing you're from the UK? It's a solid bike. But it's well worth shopping around a bit. Sourcebmx.com ...more

Yep, Winstanleys is where i saw the Volta for £615, usually they're £770. I do want to get one this week so i'll spend a couple more days looking.

|

5/2/2016 1:06 PM

This is my VOLTA, I added a Odyssey Clutch wheel, MADERA Signet sprocket, and KHE Mark Webb tires.
Rides Like a dream!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/2/2016 1:25 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:
This is my VOLTA, I added a Odyssey Clutch wheel, MADERA Signet sprocket, and KHE Mark Webb tires.
Rides Like a dream!

Photo

Photo
...more

Very nice man. I like the teal colourway alot but also the brown one looks nice too, cant decide atm

|

5/3/2016 10:11 AM

The color is a lot more impressive in person, pictures don't do it justice. Yeah the Brown Chrome is amazing also.

|

5/7/2016 1:28 PM

I've got a volta 2015 that want to sell. It's pretty much brand new, only rode on it 5 times but I'm moving soon so I need to sell it. I am looking to sell it for about £400 since it has got almost no wear what so ever.
Interested?

Photo

|

5/10/2016 2:03 AM

Newbie wrote:

I've got a volta 2015 that want to sell. It's pretty much brand new, only rode on it 5 times but I'm moving soon so I need to ...more

Sorry mate, already bought mine. Looks in mint condition though, shouldnt have a problem selling it

|