WTP brake pivots.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2018 7:22 AM

Hello guys,

I'm fairly new rider and bought a used WTP Justice Complete 2016 for my first bike and with no brakes. The old owner had lost brake pivots and I want to buy new ones in order to ride with rear brakes. I discovered that my brake pivot holes are 10mm, and I tested it by screwing 10mm bolt in my frame and it fitted perfectly, but when I tried to find WTP brake mount kits, all I see are 8mm kits. Are brake pivots measured differently than bolts or is my used bikeframe retarded?

|

4/19/2018 7:33 AM

|

4/19/2018 7:34 AM

Brakes are brakes, just use the old bolts and some thin washers, that's how I fit my odyssey evo II onto my brake mounts on my lady luck, works perfect because they'll bend and become flush like the flush bolts.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/19/2018 7:41 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Brakes are brakes, just use the old bolts and some thin washers, that's how I fit my odyssey evo II onto my brake mounts on my lady luck, works perfect because they'll bend and become flush like the flush bolts.

The thing is, i dont have brakemounts since old owner lost them. I nees to buy newones, but they only sell 8mm ones. 10mm ones are rare.

@mishinn the bolts you linked, im pretty sure are 8mm ones and too small for the holes in the frame. :/

|

4/19/2018 7:41 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

I don;t think he has the mounts at all... not just missing the bolts.

|

4/19/2018 7:44 AM

Photo i screwed 10mm bolt also in it just to show.
|

4/19/2018 8:44 AM

Pretty sure ^^^THIS^^^ is what you need.

|

4/19/2018 9:49 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think this kit is what you are looking for:

https://www.sourcebmx.com/us/us/Wethepeople-Uni-Removable-Brake-Mount-Kit/m-32520.aspx

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Pretty sure ^^^THIS^^^ is what you need.

Okay thanks. Ill order it.

|