WTP cream or fit BF frame

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2013 12:55 AM

Title says all. I ride mostly trails but I wanna be able to do street and park too

|

9/29/2013 12:32 PM

Get the fit BF

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/29/2013 1:19 PM

If you mostly ride trails then its a no brainer, get the FIT you can ride street and park on any frame really so that's what I'd get if I were you, the CREAM is designed for street use and although you can ride trails with it (I'm sure I've seen andrew jackson riding trails on it in an edit once) its not really ideal so yeah get the BF.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/29/2013 1:29 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

If you mostly ride trails then its a no brainer, get the FIT you can ride street and park on any frame really so that's what ...more

or you could get the cream frame in a longer top tube size, the 21.25 top tube model has a pretty chill rear, 13.44 to 13.875

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

9/29/2013 4:49 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

If you mostly ride trails then its a no brainer, get the FIT you can ride street and park on any frame really so that's what ...more

James_Letten17 wrote:

or you could get the cream frame in a longer top tube size, the 21.25 top tube model has a pretty chill rear, 13.44 to 13.875

I would get it in 21.25 .would I be able to ride trails nicely with ease?

|

9/29/2013 4:52 PM

fit bf, fit inman, or macneil deuce deuce.........depends if you want to run gyro or not

|

9/29/2013 5:50 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

EthanOConnor wrote:

So I do not have a Cream frame, nor do I ride a 21.25, I ride anything under 21, so im on a 20.75 right now, but anyway...

The Fit BF Frame has a 14.25" to 14.625 Chainstay on both the 21" top tube and 21.25" top tube models...
...The WTP Cream Frame has a 13.44" to 13.625" Chainstay only on the 21.25 top tube model...
...There is a pretty big difference in responsiveness in the rear triangle with these two frames.

The Fit BF Frame has a 11.8" bottom bracket height...
...The WTP Cream Frame has a 11.7" Bottom bracket height...
...There is not so much difference in the stability between these two frames

The Fit BF Frame has an 84* headtube angle...
...The WTP Cream Frame has a 75* headtube angle...
...The Headtube angles on these two frames have a slightly different feel

SO if you are into more flowy riding, flowy park, flowy, street, and well... trails and don't do many lines or combos or any of that, I suggest the BF

But if you do the opposite, meaning you like doing many lines and combos and stuff like that, I would suggest the Cream Frame, overall both frames are good frames, the geo difference is what you want to think about, so think about how you ride before you buy one of them, think about what "style" of riding you do, do you do lots of tricks or not?

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

9/29/2013 6:12 PM

Get dat BF

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/29/2013 6:39 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

EthanOConnor wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

So I do not have a Cream frame, nor do I ride a 21.25, I ride anything under 21, so im on a 20.75 right now, but anyway...

...more

Well I'm still doing the basic tricks nothing big . I'm working my self up on trails. Would the cream still be smooth going through trails?

|

9/29/2013 6:39 PM

Street: Cream it has short back end and short stand over and the head tube is a more twitchy since it's 75
Trails: Bf It's the opposite of the cream...

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/29/2013 6:46 PM

EthanOConnor wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

...more

EthanOConnor wrote:

Well I'm still doing the basic tricks nothing big . I'm working my self up on trails. Would the cream still be smooth going ...more

I do not see why not

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

9/29/2013 7:03 PM

EthanOConnor wrote:

Well I'm still doing the basic tricks nothing big . I'm working my self up on trails. Would the cream still be smooth going ...more

It will, but BF will be more stable. Plus Brian Foster is a total bad ass.

|

9/29/2013 8:28 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

...more

EthanOConnor wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

aight. im thinking ill get the BF since its like $100 cheaper lol and everyone saying its good. does the geo work well with doing flat spins (180's, 360's) and stuff. without having to do like alot of effort?

|

9/29/2013 8:35 PM

EthanOConnor wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

EthanOConnor wrote:

aight. im thinking ill get the BF since its like $100 cheaper lol and everyone saying its good. does the geo work well with ...more

It'll work fine. It won't be as easy as on say, a Benny or a Cream, but if you ride trails/fast street, the high speed stability will payoff

|

9/29/2013 8:38 PM

Cream is good for everything , park , dirt , and street. I'd only get a BF if you're only riding trails or bowls , but overall the Cream would be the best for all types of riding IMO

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/29/2013 9:34 PM

i am currently split. on it lol. damn

|

9/29/2013 9:35 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

EthanOConnor wrote:

aight. im thinking ill get the BF since its like $100 cheaper lol and everyone saying its good. does the geo work well with ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

It'll work fine. It won't be as easy as on say, a Benny or a Cream, but if you ride trails/fast street, the high speed ...more

will the stability be really noticable if for example i got the cream and rode trails with it?

|

9/29/2013 9:45 PM

EthanOConnor wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

It'll work fine. It won't be as easy as on say, a Benny or a Cream, but if you ride trails/fast street, the high speed ...more

EthanOConnor wrote:

will the stability be really noticable if for example i got the cream and rode trails with it?

I don't know. I would, not everyone else does. I think it's a big enough difference that the CREAM would feel squirly vs the BF

|

9/29/2013 9:57 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

EthanOConnor wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I don't know. I would, not everyone else does. I think it's a big enough difference that the CREAM would feel squirly vs the ...more

well not really... the bf and the CREAM would only have a .1 difference in bb height, and if i am right, that is where a majority of the stability is

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

9/29/2013 10:24 PM

EthanOConnor wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I don't know. I would, not everyone else does. I think it's a big enough difference that the CREAM would feel squirly vs the ...more

James_Letten17 wrote:

well not really... the bf and the CREAM would only have a .1 difference in bb height, and if i am right, that is where a ...more

would the difference really matter?

|

9/30/2013 12:27 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

well not really... the bf and the CREAM would only have a .1 difference in bb height, and if i am right, that is where a ...more

EthanOConnor wrote:

if it's that slight... haha hell no!, you would be fine on the stability issue on both of those frames

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

9/30/2013 8:06 AM

James_Letten17 wrote:

EthanOConnor wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

if it's that slight... haha hell no!, you would be fine on the stability issue on both of those frames

Research what you're talking about before trying to give people advice.

Stability is affected by Chainstay Length, BB Height, and the Headtube angle. A shorter Chainstay length is less stable but easier to spin and get in to manuals (But not necessarily better for either). The higher the BB height, the less stable (bearing in mind the BF has a slightly higher BB height, so it is less stable in that respect), but a higher BB is more responsive. The mellower the head tube angle the more stable, whereas a steep HT is more responsive.

The BF will feel much better than the Cream on Trails. But the Cream will most likely feel better on Street/Park, but it all depends on what you do. If you do big gaps or do huge airs the BF may still be better.

|

9/30/2013 11:16 AM

EthanOConnor wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Research what you're talking about before trying to give people advice.

Stability is affected by Chainstay Length, BB Height, ...more

So if I am still at the beginning stages the cream would be better? I wouldn't be hitting that big of trails but they're still trails . I'll probably end up getting the cream and when I get a job I'll get the BF

|

9/30/2013 11:28 AM

Honestly, I would get the Cream. It has great all around geo, and is a stout frame. I have been looking at the Cream and the Soundwave myself, and the cream will probably win, when I'm in need of a frame, that is.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/30/2013 8:27 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Honestly, I would get the Cream. It has great all around geo, and is a stout frame. I have been looking at the Cream and the ...more

ok thanks! i will probably end up getting the cream

|