WTP envy vs. Sunday Soundwave special

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2017 9:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2017 9:59 AM

Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a new higher end complete and wanted to get some opinions from the more experienced riders. Which is a better deal and if any have experience riding these two bikes? Thoughts on these two in general? Also open to suggestions on other rides but I am not interested in building from the ground up as I don't have time to sit and grind out the decisions on every part! Thanks

Phil

|

10/22/2017 11:01 AM

The sound wave complete for sure , half the bike has lifetime warranty on that , I also seen somewhere Dylan stark had said we the people was one of the weakest frames he’s rode , they kicked him off we the people because he posted a picture of one of their frames he snapped in a short period of time , but that guy is crazy as fuck on a bike too

|

10/22/2017 3:47 PM

Envy , friend has a 2016 complete and it felt amazing and rode like my 2000$ bike . And , it last a lot of shit . We both beat it up .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/22/2017 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2017 7:11 PM

Soundwave. As eskimojay said above, half of the bike has lifetime warranty.

I've been running a Soundwave frame I got aftermarket for over 2 years now and it's by far the nicest frame I've ever had or ridden. Dent-proofing all over, lifetime warranty, it takes one hell of a beating and the geometry is pretty damn nice. I used to break a frame every 9 months to a year, hell, my last frame only lasted maybe, 5 weeks. I finally got the Soundwave and haven't looked back since.

For what you get on Soundwave Special, it's a steal. If you're looking for a freecoaster, the Odyssey Clutch is almost the best on the market in terms of simplicity and reliability, second only to the Profile Z-Coaster. The Thunderbolts are probably the best cranks out there and have been for quite a long time. The rims have been around a very long time and are still some of the best you can get. I could go on but to me, the choice is obvious, get the Soundwave.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

10/22/2017 7:29 PM

Sunday, not just because I like them. Just a safer bet warranty-wise.

|

10/22/2017 7:47 PM

Soundwave for sure. If even just for the frame, cranks and fork. Awesome parts.

|

10/23/2017 4:19 PM

Thanks for the comments and advice. I agree the Sunday is the better deal! I am not a huge fan of th freecoaster and will want to swap it out for cassette and upgraded rims! Any suggestions on that? Thanks

|

10/23/2017 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2017 5:28 PM

oncogene1 wrote:

Thanks for the comments and advice. I agree the Sunday is the better deal! I am not a huge fan of th freecoaster and will want to swap it out for cassette and upgraded rims! Any suggestions on that? Thanks

How much could you realistically 'upgrade' the rims? Those are some damn good ones, very strong, reasonably light, kinda the best of both worlds. A friend of mine is riding one in his back wheel that's probably over 8 years old and he goes pretty big.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

10/23/2017 5:25 PM

oncogene1 wrote:

Pick up an Antigram! Super built cassette!

Lace it or get it laced to your rims that come with bike. smile

|

10/23/2017 5:30 PM

Yep, defiantly the Soundwave...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/23/2017 7:54 PM

That Sunday looks amazing for the price. How would you upgrade the best rims you can get? Those are proven to be amazingly strong rims. You can't upgrade a chrome hazard light. Unless it's a 7ka, but not worth it.

|