WTP supreme cassette

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2014 10:41 PM

I am wanting to get one, and wanted to know if anyone has any feedback about it. I ride street and park, and like to grind. I would get the hub guard with it. Thanks

http://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/hardgoods/hubs/supreme-cassette

|

11/17/2014 4:36 AM

Has 12mm bolts.. im still not.understanding this..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/17/2014 7:46 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Same here. Wtf.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2014 8:42 AM

I've had the original supreme cassette since 08'. Get that shit. Mine has only skipped once and my buddies brand new profile hub skipped twice in one day at the trails. German engineering at its finest. As far as the new female version, the 12 mm bolts have a 14mm collar right near the bolt head. Better than most rear female hubs that use 10mm with a 14mm cone washer. Wtp uses 7000 series aluminum which makes the flanges hold up better to grinds than that profile 6000 series butter metal. That's what's up fools!

|

11/17/2014 2:01 PM

CaptainEO wrote:

I've had the original supreme cassette since 08'. Get that shit. Mine has only skipped once and my buddies brand new profile hub skipped twice in one day at the trails. German engineering at its finest. As far as the new female version, the 12 mm bolts have a 14mm collar right near the bolt head. Better than most rear female hubs that use 10mm with a 14mm cone washer. Wtp uses 7000 series aluminum which makes the flanges hold up better to grinds than that profile 6000 series butter metal. That's what's up fools!

Do you know what they changed with the new version? And thanks for the advice. If I didn't get the wtp I wouldn't get a profile.

|

11/17/2014 2:07 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'm not very heavy and I like to think i ride fairly smooth. I don't do super big drops either. What would you suggest I get if not that. I rode an animal javelin for almost two years and never had any probs and that axel was hallow a shit.

|

11/17/2014 2:12 PM

All I can say is my friend had the 2008 version, never had a problem with it, sold it to a friend and he ended up snapping the axle in like mid-late 2010.. so 2 years in and he snapped the axle.

Butttt, the hub you're talking about is female, so you shouldn't have to worry about that all. and if you do, it'd only be the bolt snapping.

|

11/17/2014 2:24 PM

12mm but its for 14mm drop outs makes so much sense

I would not get that haha

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/17/2014 6:09 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Stronger than 10mm what's to understand.

|

11/17/2014 6:13 PM

brianoob wrote:

Why not just go 14mm, instead of making an entirely new axle size.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/17/2014 6:14 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

brianoob wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

The axle is 14mm, the bolt is 12mm...

|

11/17/2014 6:15 PM

I think it's dumb they brought in 12mm. But as long as they keep the 12mm bolts with a 14mm area near the bolt head area for the rear, it should be fine. Just seems unnecessary.

|

11/17/2014 6:16 PM

brianoob wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

brianoob wrote:

Interesting. I feel like the center axle will be too thin and may be prone to cracking now...

|

11/17/2014 7:49 PM

Any better suggestions??

|

11/17/2014 7:51 PM

My suggestion would be a Cult Match personally.

|

11/17/2014 7:52 PM

And for some reason when I posted originally, I thought they offered both axel styles FA and MA. Not so hot on the female, and I'm am not sure either if the bigger bolt without a bigger axel would be stronger or weaker.

|

11/17/2014 7:53 PM

Shadow BTR

14mm female
Crisp sound
Great engagement (identical to Primo Mix)
Pressfit chromoly guards

Bomb proof as fuck!

|

11/17/2014 8:23 PM

Got a gsport ratchet and its solid but the simian rear is coming out early next year if you want to wait

|

11/18/2014 8:50 AM

a Swedish Lie wrote:

And for some reason when I posted originally, I thought they offered both axel styles FA and MA. Not so hot on the female, and I'm am not sure either if the bigger bolt without a bigger axel would be stronger or weaker.

They made the bolt a bit slimmer so that the axle can be a tad thicker. Like I said you can go with a FA 10mm bolt and break the bolt or a hub with a 14mm bolt and break the axle. It seems like a perfect trade off to me for those that NEED female axles for some reason. I run male front and back. Old school but my hubs are super smooth so why change. The 12 mm bolt has a 14mm washer to fit your dropouts, for those that don't understand.

|

11/18/2014 11:32 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Interesting. I feel like the center axle will be too thin and may be prone to cracking now...

I'm pretty sure it has a 17mm inner axle... but looking at their website it says it has a 14mm axle. If the latter is true, that's fucking stupid especially with 12mm bolts. That's practically no material there.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/18/2014 11:35 AM

brianoob wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm pretty sure it has a 17mm inner axle... but looking at their website it says it has a 14mm axle. If the latter is true, that's fucking stupid especially with 12mm bolts. That's practically no material there.

If its 17 then why not 14mm bolts? Lol

|