Waking up to broken spokes :/

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2012 1:59 PM

so i ride 4 pegs and grind on the left and have rhd. i use the right side as well but 90% of the time i grind op on the left cause ive just fond it more comfortable, but everytime i look at my back wheel i seem to break more spokes on the drive side and idk why :/ any ideas?

OH and they never break from the nipple, they always break right near the flange hole

|

...The ONLY thing skateboards are good for, is filming BMX edits...

2/15/2012 2:35 PM

just get a primo DSG

|

if in doubt, keep pedalling

2/15/2012 2:46 PM

Hubguard?

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

2/15/2012 3:47 PM

if you arent grinding them down and theyre breaking from impact, then replace them all

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/15/2012 4:04 PM

Saw someone else do this but you could lace your spokes heads in, they did it for the front dont know if it will work for the back.

|

2/15/2012 10:46 PM

don't tighten them too much

|

2/15/2012 10:50 PM

Never go to sleep again.Problem solved.

|

Trunalimumaprzure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/15/2012 11:27 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Never go to sleep again.Problem solved.

|

2/16/2012 8:10 AM

Could it be an issue with the way the wheel is laced? The only thing I can think of that would cause them to break while you're not riding is uneven tension because of the way they are laced.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

2/17/2012 12:08 PM

metalheadification wrote:

if you arent grinding them down and theyre breaking from impact, then replace them all

i have primos, what are some other strong spokes?

|

2/17/2012 12:10 PM

brianoob wrote:

don't tighten them too much

this makes sence because i really do kinda crank on em when i lace

|

2/17/2012 12:31 PM

BmxCrazed305 wrote:

i have primos, what are some other strong spokes?

I used to break the cheap stainless steel spokes constantly, so I invested in the Odyssey Butted spokes and I rarely break any. They're strong as fuck.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

2/17/2012 1:59 PM

yeah shadow makes triple butted, and theyre 13g where you would grind on them and 15 in the middle

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/17/2012 7:44 PM

I ride 4 pegs with four guards and the odyssey chainwheel with the guard... spokes are going to break, deal with it

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope