Walmart BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2020 2:14 PM

I bought a walmart bmx a while ago and my hub started to sound like if it had some graininess to it so I took it apart. But when I did that 4 or 5 of the little balls went flying. So now I'm stuck with out a wheel and I'm to cheap to buy a new rear wheel. Is it possible for me to find the bearings on amazon and if so what size would they be.

|

6/2/2020 2:19 PM

Well, simply put, department store “BMX” bikes aren’t really BMX bikes.

What bike is it?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/2/2020 2:30 PM

Ozone 500 "DAMAGE"

|

6/2/2020 2:42 PM

You can find a cheap donor bike on Craigslist for $20 and use the wheel from that?

|

6/2/2020 3:07 PM

i'm sure you could find the bearings. just measure them and search for that size

|

It’s all bmx

6/2/2020 3:54 PM

Also, I don't know about Ozone, but my kid has a Walmart Mongoose and they sent me a new set of bottom bracket bearings when I contacted them and told them that the current ones were sounding a bit crunchy.

You might try contacting the manufacturer and see if they will send you some or if you can buy a set from them. I'm sure they are pretty cheap.

|

6/2/2020 7:54 PM

Your going to have to post pics. Are the bbs from the driver or hub?

|

6/2/2020 8:03 PM

If it's from the freewheel (the gear that spins on the back wheel) you can just get a higher quality one for 20-30 bucks

|

I like riding my bike.

6/3/2020 5:00 AM

You have like three options here.

Take ONE ball bearing to a local shop and tell them you need a set-they will measure and sell you a set for like 3-8 bucks. It will be for the whole wheel. Rebuild it over a container or at least a towel. A magnet is a huge help with wheel bearings to not lose em. Put grease in the hub, then bearings in one by one into the grease.When one side is done, I put the axle back through with the cone (outer bearing race essentially) to hold them in, then do the other side.

You can stop being "to cheap" and throw down on a wheel or repair shop fix.

You can buy a donor bike and snag the wheel, OR find a used bike that would be better suited for the riding most of us on this site tend to go for.

Hopefully you will realize that the walmart/dept store BMX bikes are best suited to just cruise around for kids, and do not handle abuse well before it gives out. If you plan to start getting serious with riding (tricks, jumps, grinds etc) start saving towards a bike built for that kind of activity. Walmart BMX bikes tend to be designed for looking kinda like a bike that could handle it, but not actually being able to handle it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/5/2020 6:21 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

You can find a cheap donor bike on Craigslist for $20 and use the wheel from that?

cheap cl doner bike will have everything but a functional rear hub

|

wallride a bus everyday

6/5/2020 7:17 PM

someone left a POS kids bike on my front lawn last week. was missing the rear wheel. front wheel had a good tube in it though.

I put it in the trash..

|