Walmart Bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2011 7:07 PM

What are reasons why name brand bikes (completes such as fit, dk, wtp) are better than the average walmart bmx bike? Its for my dad.

|

I like my chain tight...like my women.

3/15/2011 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2011 7:09 PM

stronger, lighter (i am no weight weenie but 40????) look better, Make you cool

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

stronger, last longer, lighter, ride better, etc...

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

cause their more money

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

last longer. ride better. ummmm... where the money actually goes. i think everyone's had to go over that exact conversation with their parents.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

Last longer, cost less money in the long run, stronger, lighter by a lot. looks better, rides smoother, less of a chance to injure yourself.

|

refs: fuckyou2, pocoloco, fecho, loco_for_riding

3/15/2011 7:11 PM

Craftsmanship, durability and strength. Quality in general is just far superior. If he needs to know, take him to see them

|

Refs: element4all
Bike Check

3/15/2011 7:11 PM

Most walmart bikes are not built to take a good amount of abuse. "Name brand bikes" are built specifically to the needs of bmx. Generally the metal quality is better, the bearings are better, the welds are better, basically overall the general craftsmanship is WAY better than any bike found in Walmart. "Name brand bikes" are designed by and for bmx riders, whereas Walmart bikes are generally designed by some generic bike manufacturer, and they aren't catering to the needs of bmx.

|

3/15/2011 7:12 PM

you get more respect with a real mans bike

|

3/15/2011 7:13 PM

and if somebody like Sean Burns rode a Walmart bike he'd probably die lol.

|

3/15/2011 7:30 PM

the geometry in the frame there lighter smoother stronger most parents dont understand if they havent bmxed b4

|

3/15/2011 7:33 PM

BECAUSE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. YA HEAR THAT PAPA??!!

|

3/15/2011 7:33 PM

way better quality and more suited for actual BMX riding. Walmart BMX bikes are just to ride around on like point a to b

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/15/2011 7:34 PM

One of the main things also is to look at who is putting the bike together.. I've seen a lot of fuck ups on display bikes in department stores..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/15/2011 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2011 7:38 PM

better quality parts. i.e. more expensive metals and aluminums that are stronger and lighter. sealed bearings that are lighter, smoother, stronger, and less of a hassel. better tires. better grips. parts last WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY longer, and are lighter. overall bike is lighter.
basically, tell him its like comparing a 1989 toyota corolla to a 2010 ferrari. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!

|

3/15/2011 7:38 PM

Basically a bike from walmart is an ok bike for a little kid to ride up and down the street, but it is really just a bike for show. once you break a part on a walmart bike it can not be replaced most of the time, so the bike will become pretty much useless, and you will have to buy a whole new bike which will cost more money then just buying a good bike from a bike shop, where bikes should be bought, this goes with the popular saying "buy nice or buy twice" or rather in this case buy over 3 bikes within one year. Another thing wrong with bmx bikes from department stores, such as walmart, is that the geometry is not created in a way which is needed for bmx. Rather the bikes geometry is made just for style. So in conclusion you can see that a walmart bike is made for style, which can be great for those who just like to ride up and down their street, and an actual bmx bike from a bike shop is actually designed for the sport and to take much abuse.

|

I ride street. tongue

get amaon gift cards or money sent to your paypal for free! http://www.rebelbucks.com/?ref=yaya2893-0