Wanting to get a dope street wheelset! (help asap)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2016 12:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2016 12:47 AM

Okay, my rear wheel is totaled and my front is a bit dodgy but im wanting to get a reliable wheelset. my chain and sprocket are needing replacing as well.
Im thinking about a bsd backstreet pro cassette ( this one: https://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/5589/bsd-backstreet-pro-female-cassette-hub ) and matching front hub with bsd nasa rim and strictly bmx spokes because i cant find any other spokes. Also a colony menace guard sprocket and a shadow v2 chain or a chain that is simular since im not sure about the v2 with rusting and if i need a specific chain breaker for it or just a random one. I am a bit weary about a guard sprocket since my frame is low as :o I do ride pegs and are pretty hard on them at times.
Im not too sure what else is a good wheelset for a street/park rider that is hard on pegs.
These are just some ideas definitely nothing certain.
Any other ideas would be great! im from Australia so i can't order from dans/albes/source
cheers!

|

6/7/2016 1:00 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Okay, my rear wheel is totaled and my front is a bit dodgy but im wanting to get a reliable wheelset. my chain and sprocket ...more

BSD makes good parts , I run a bunch and don't worry about them . My friend has the coaster and he loves his , I might get one soon too . As far as a cassette , I considered that one , but if you're not picky get a male axle . I run female now and haven't had much hassle , but as long as you grease the threads you should have even less worry with a male .

In terms of guard sprockets , unless you plan on using it , or slip on rails doing switch grinds ( presuming that's the side it's on ) then there's not too much point in them . I ride one now and will probably be taking it off for a normal sprocket , partially due to gear ratio and partly for it weighing a ton for the minimum amount of time I use it . Plus I like the look of seeing my whole chain !

BSD and Colony are sick as fuck though , do what you want , each person is different !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/7/2016 1:07 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Okay, my rear wheel is totaled and my front is a bit dodgy but im wanting to get a reliable wheelset. my chain and sprocket ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

BSD makes good parts , I run a bunch and don't worry about them . My friend has the coaster and he loves his , I might get one ...more

Thanks dude, like its hella expensive but i miss riding bmx i havent done it in months but il keep thinking/looking just in case. yeah i have thought about coasters but when i tried on it felt hella sketchy and i kept leaning over to the side when i went to half cab and crashing so im sketchy about it :o Okay so you think dont worry about a guard sprocket? i dont do sprocket grinds the only thing i would be doing is bashing my sprocket on a ledge from my peg slipping hahahah. I have tryed crooked grinds but only on a short rail. i grind on the left and my sprocket is on the right.

|

6/7/2016 8:23 AM

BSD pro hubs (female, it's stronger than male) laced to GSport ribcages. Won't be able to build a much more solid setup than that although if you're unable to order the ribcages based on your location I think you'll be good with the NASA rims. A local dude has them, rides hard and likes them.

If you keep working on crooked grinds I'd get a guard sprocket but if not I say don't worry about it.

I've had good luck with my shadow V1 and V2 chains although there will be plenty of people on here who will say otherwise. Regardless of what chain you have it's worth buying the shadow chain breaker. That thing makes life a lot easier!

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

6/7/2016 11:25 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Reed Stark rides for BSD. Watch stuff he does.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/7/2016 2:15 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

BSD pro hubs (female, it's stronger than male) laced to GSport ribcages. Won't be able to build a much more solid setup than ...more

Yes to the hubs. But for rims, the BSD Nasa rims are almost literally identical to Ribcages, but a tiny bit lighter and certainly cheaper. I've been on mine for a few months now, and although I haven't ever rode Ribcages, I can say that so far they hold up much better than Rollcages, Birdcages, 7kas, and Hazard Lites. Much stiffer than them all aswell. For a chain, if you are wanting to run halflink, don't cheap out. Get the Interlock Supreme. Any other half link is designed for failure. I typically run full link for this reason, but the Interlock Supreme is by far the best chain I've ever rode!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx