Washing bike with out getting rust

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2014 4:09 PM

How would you wash your BMX without getting rust on it? I don't usually wash my bike, but when I do I use water.. what do you guys do?

|

5/23/2014 4:14 PM

Pressure wash it then dry it with rags. ....then turtle wax it

|

5/23/2014 4:24 PM

Wipe it down with damp clothes and then ride it till it's dry. Or i will just ride it till the dirt falls off.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

5/23/2014 4:25 PM

Forget a hose. Use two buckets, one with Simple Green and water mixture and the other with water for rinsing the rag. Rinsing the rag prevents you from getting dirt into the detergent bucket. You'll get more dirt off this way than spraying it with a hose or pressure washer.

|

5/23/2014 4:29 PM

sweet thanks

|

5/23/2014 6:35 PM

I have 2 young kids so obviously I use babywipes they are great because you dont have to re-grease your chain unless it needs it and they arnt too wets

|

BORN FAST ish

5/23/2014 9:27 PM

Pledge multi surface wipes.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/23/2014 9:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 9:33 PM

I just kinda turn on the hose and put my thumb over the hole so it sprays pretty hard and I wash my wheels, sprocket, and other hard to clean places like that. Then I spray lysol all over it and give it a proper rub down.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/23/2014 11:03 PM

I avoid mud as much as I can so I usually just have dust on my bike. All I do is spray everything with foaming glass cleaner, then wipe it with a rag or shop towels.

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

5/23/2014 11:46 PM

I dunno but I really don't like the idea of hosing my bike down. I just wipe it down with a damp towel and it gets the job done most of the time

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/24/2014 12:45 AM

I just don't clean mine lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/24/2014 2:07 AM

Its a fuckin bike, rust is not a problem. I bet if you look at the inside of your frame tubing, they'll be rust there.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/24/2014 6:22 AM

I just get some rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe her down

|

Save the industry

5/24/2014 9:21 AM

How dirty is your bike that you need to use a hose?

If and when I clean my bike, I use a dry rag and wipe the dust off. Maybe, if I somehow get dried mud on it, I'll use a toothbrush to remove the dirt I can't get with the dry rag.

To clean my rims/brake pads I use a clean rag with window cleaner or something.

Your bike shouldn't be any more than dusty unless you are riding in mud.

|

5/24/2014 12:29 PM

I think the best way to clean a bike if it's just dusty is to take an air compressor and use the attachment that you have to push the lever thing down to get the air to come out. Mine looks something like this:Photo

This is quick and very effective

If my bike is too dirty for the air to get it clean, I use Wet Ones or any other moist wipe.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)