Waxing ledges

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2011 3:01 PM

so how do i make a hard wax coating on a concrete ledge. like i put 1 full bar of wax on concrete and it slides good but its scraps of a little. so do i just repeat the coating until its like rock hard wax. i think it would work because when u grind u compress the wax into the ledge. but do you guys have any tips or ideas i could use

|

1/23/2011 3:02 PM

just wax the shit out of it, if it doesnt slide good keep going

|

1/23/2011 3:03 PM

Just wax the ledge when you want it to slide better. The wax will come off over time, so you obviously have to apply it every once in a while.

|

1/23/2011 4:01 PM

Torching what's on the ledge melts it in and it usually slides much better.

|

1/23/2011 4:34 PM

Kenealy wrote:

yeah my friend told me if u get like a buetain (idk how to spell it) lighter, then it is way smoother. can u just do it with a normal lighter?

|

1/23/2011 4:50 PM

coat the ledge with wax (use gulf wax or paraffin wax. you can get it at walmart or kroger) then melt it into the ledge and repeat.

|

1/23/2011 4:56 PM

oh and if the ledge is ruff you might not want to waste time with it.

|

1/23/2011 5:07 PM

Kenealy wrote:

i like too bike wrote:

yeah my friend told me if u get like a buetain (idk how to spell it) lighter, then it is way smoother. can u just do it with a normal lighter?

No idea. You can get a thing of butene and a metal torch Zippo type lighter at Walmart for probably less than $10 ($3 for the lighter, no idea what gas is). Then you just sit there and melt it in.

|

1/23/2011 5:11 PM

SCABofSCABS wrote:

In that case get quikcrete in a tube from a local hardware store, apply it to the ledge, then smooth it with a metal trowel. When it hardens/dries, wax it up and you have a buttery smooth ledge.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/23/2011 5:13 PM

Does your mom still need to wipe your ass too??

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/23/2011 7:25 PM

i dont do thewaxing i wouldnt know the rollerbladers do the waxing i only wax the quarter pipes to make scooter kids stack

|

ryan says: oi!Tobi can you do me a favour
tobi says:yeah what
ryan says: tag me as your bsd ghetto forks on facebook

1/23/2011 8:10 PM

SCABofSCABS wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

In that case get quikcrete in a tube from a local hardware store, apply it to the ledge, then smooth it with a metal trowel. When it hardens/dries, wax it up and you have a buttery smooth ledge.

haha fucking love the idea, but its a good way to get a fine lol

|