We the people irish frame

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2012 2:54 AM

Has anyone ridden the wtp irish frame yet?

|

3/22/2012 9:19 AM

Yeah my friend has one the geo is the bomb! Get it !

|

3/22/2012 9:36 AM

The TT and CS are shorter than I'm used to.. but overall it seems damn solid and WTP has a great warranty.. and I'm a hibernophile.. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this.. you should get it..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/22/2012 9:51 AM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

The TT and CS are shorter than I'm used to.. but overall it seems damn solid and WTP has a great warranty.. and I'm a hibernophile.. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this.. you should get it..

Yeah man, I'm gonna get one prob at the end of the month yet to hear a bad word about it to be honest! Can't wait to get it built! I'm my other post what did u mean by shoe size I'm a 9 so would the irish still suit?

|

3/22/2012 10:32 AM

Shaun88 wrote:

Yeah man, I'm gonna get one prob at the end of the month yet to hear a bad word about it to be honest! Can't wait to get it built! I'm my other post what did u mean by shoe size I'm a 9 so would the irish still suit?

If your shoes are long and CS short, you might hit the peg every now and then.. but with a size 9, you got nothin to worry about.. I wear 12.5 shoes and 185mm cranks.. so any CS shorter than 13.75 and I hit the peg often..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/23/2012 2:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2012 2:52 AM

Jeff:

What size cranks then with a 20.9 TT and 13.25 CS WTP Irish, i really want the bike to feel responsive but controlled through the faster tricks and lines. I love my pegs too so will always be running them on that bike. Would 185's be too long?

|

3/23/2012 6:17 AM

175mm is perfect for you, and that's usually the standard size.. you can even get away with 170mm.. I ran some 170s years ago and they were amazing.. you can build up more speed, when running normal gearing and everything is easier because your feet are closer together.. so yeah, at 6ft. tall, go with 175mm maybe 177mm.. but anything longer will feel extremely sluggish..

|

-- Jean Rostand

3/23/2012 6:27 AM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

175mm is perfect for you, and that's usually the standard size.. you can even get away with 170mm.. I ran some 170s years ago and they were amazing.. you can build up more speed, when running normal gearing and everything is easier because your feet are closer together.. so yeah, at 6ft. tall, go with 175mm maybe 177mm.. but anything longer will feel extremely sluggish..

Wicked thanks mate. I will buy some 175's and see how it feels when built. Any other parts that you think would be good to get as it has all changed since i last looked into building a bike (8 years ago) and i dont know what is good and whats not. I have been told salt parts are not very reliable and tend to break easily, is this true? To be fair i have a wtp arcade 2012 (just to get back into the scene) and the cones in the front are a nightmare, i tighten them up, then go out pull a few 180's and then by the end of my session they are loose again. Is there anything similar to locktight i can use or shall i invest in a whole new hub/wheel?

|

3/23/2012 9:07 AM

WTP frames and parts are great.. I have the Mad Max bars, and I love them.. but the Salt parts they use on their completes aren't really good, and the wheels are total crap.. I bought a set of Salt wheels from a dude, for $20, because he didn't care for the them.. I used them for a week or two, when I was waiting for my hazards to come in.. I had to constantly adjust them.. you can get by, using locktite for now, but I definitely recommend getting a better wheel set asap.. I've never used locktite, but I know a few people who have and they say it adds to the hassle of a bad part.. other Salt parts are decent for stock parts, and they might last, especially if they are the Salt-Plus parts.. I just don't like the wheels at all..

|

-- Jean Rostand

7/5/2012 4:16 PM

i bought an irish 3 months ago,
the brass luminous with rawed welds..

fuckin dope ride, im a tall guy and I still love it. rode a few sundays and subrosa's and gotta say this win's, the warranty is great too.

im probably going to ride it till it breaks and buy another, but yeah buddy is right chainstays short i hit my feet at the beginning. got used to riding the shorter frame real fast, and its fucking siiiiiick

|