What 21.5+ Tt frames are there?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2018 12:51 PM

I'm 6ft tall and have quite a long back with the bonus of Athritis in my lower back. I currently have a 21.25 Voltron frame but I'm looking into getting a bigger frame as I am struggling with this one being not quite long enough. My riding posture is quite hunched over which causes me some pain. Tall order does a 21.5 frame which I like the look of but I'm still wondering what other frames are out there with the same length Tt or longer?

|

5/9/2018 1:12 PM

On source you can filter frames by tt length

|

Hmmm

5/9/2018 1:18 PM

Haro SDV2

BSD Safari and Raider

Kink Mudrunner

And others...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/9/2018 1:27 PM

S&M TallBoy is another...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/9/2018 1:37 PM

Brilliant cheers for that, the mutiny deaf grip frame looks like a possibility too with a 21.8tt. Not too sure about the colour though.

|

5/9/2018 1:45 PM

Have you tried a shorter frame with taller bars?

I injured my lower back in work a few years ago and for a long while, couldn't ride for more than half an hour without an hour or two break. I tried switching to longer frames first, to no avail; they just felt horrible and did nothing for my back. One day I had the seemingly weird idea, to try a shorter frame as it'd make me stand up straighter, and it made a huge difference; almost overnight, the pain was gone.

If long frames aren't working, I'd suggest you try taller bars with a shorter frame.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/9/2018 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2018 2:09 PM

BSD has quite a bit of options . Personally the new Raider frame looks amazing , plus the higher standover will probably feel nice with the longer toptube , especially compared to what you have now. As mentioned above , tall bars are seriously life changing bike wise , I’ve ran 10” and now I’m running 9.5” with a topload and it feels amazing , it took a ton of pain out of my back . I’d recommend getting a bigger frame and bars at once , you’ll thank us for it later

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/9/2018 3:07 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Have you tried a shorter frame with taller bars?

I injured my lower back in work a few years ago and for a long while, ...more

This.

Short frame + tall bars is what you're after,
It makes you stand up straighter and not lean over

|

5/9/2018 4:13 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

This.

Short frame + tall bars is what you're after,
It makes you stand up straighter and not lean over

Only problem is you still have to deal with your knees hitting your bars, or stem...

Frames with 21.5"+ TT that I can think of:

S&M
ATF
BTM
C.C.R.
M.O.D.
Tall Boy
Black Magic Frame

FIT
Hartbreaker

BSD
Passenger
RVIDXR
Safari

FBM
Steadfast

Terrible One
Ruben Alcantara
Skapegoat
SFA
Barecode

United
Prime Mover

|

5/9/2018 4:21 PM

Fraser Disney-Spiers wrote:

Brilliant cheers for that, the mutiny deaf grip frame looks like a possibility too with a 21.8tt. Not too sure about the ...more

Honestly try taller bars first..im 6'2" and I like the bad safari I ride in 21.4 but I feel like you would feel the same as I do on mine if you ride a 21.25 with 9.5 bars and upload stem. Also look at stand over and bb height..it will change how you are stanced which could help your back ...i rode 9 bars on a 21.5 before and my back and shoulders still hurt until I got 10 bars and a 21.25 frame and it felt fine

|

5/9/2018 7:39 PM

Mutiny death grip goes up to 21.8.

|

5/9/2018 11:40 PM

Mutiny Death Grip, Mutiny are such a good company

|

5/9/2018 11:59 PM

Cheers again everyone, I will look at some taller bars too. I'm currently running 9.5" rise tall order bars which I like. I do like the Mutiny Deaf Grip frame just not sure on the colours but I'm sure I could get over it. But for now anyway it's just a thought until I can save the money.

|

5/10/2018 5:52 AM

Laird frame

|

It’s all bmx

5/11/2018 12:25 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Laird frame

They look amazing but out of my price range sad

|

5/11/2018 9:00 PM

BSD Raider V3 Frame Pacer 21.6". Sick as f**k
https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/BSD-Raider-V3-Frame---2018/m-34790.aspx
Photo

|

5/12/2018 1:16 AM

zenosaga wrote:

BSD Raider V3 Frame Pacer 21.6". Sick as f**k
https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/BSD-Raider-V3-Frame---2018/m-34790.aspx
Photo

Yeah looks sick, I'm not sure about the geo of it though. I've always been more of a flow around sort of rider, would it feel that different, as it's catered towards street riders?

|

5/12/2018 1:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2018 1:16 PM

Fraser Disney-Spiers wrote:

Yeah looks sick, I'm not sure about the geo of it though. I've always been more of a flow around sort of rider, would it feel ...more

Its seems "flow" with longer chainstay.I'am sure somebody here will be more knowledgeable if it is or not.

BSD Raider specs:

Headtube angle: 75.2°
Seattube angle: 71°
Rear end length: 13.5"-14"
BB height: 11.75"
Standover Height: 9.5"

|