What Freecoaster should I get?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2013 9:41 PM

I've been wanting a freecoaster before they became "street" or whatever happened.I'm thinking of the Primo Freemix or Cult Freecoaster.

I know the Cult Freecoaster is supposed to have some clutch system that makes it reduce stress loads? And AK rides it ; he kills it and if he shreds it I could. Aparrently it was ridden for a year without issues !

The Primo Freemix looks dope but I don't know much about it. Sean Ricany , Ty Morrow , and Garrett Reynolds ride it though. So it must be tough !

I just want a reliable , maintence free hub. Wha would you suggest?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/20/2013 9:54 PM

well i really dont know anything about freecoasters but if i were to choose it would probably be a colony

|

10/20/2013 9:59 PM

Isn't the Greyhound like the best freecoaster ever made or something?

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/20/2013 10:16 PM

Eclat blind whenever it comes out....

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/20/2013 10:33 PM

whats with all the hype over freecoasters all of a sudden lol? its not something new.

|

10/21/2013 1:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2013 1:28 AM

as far as anyone knows (last time i checked) the freemix is just a khe clone with acb bearings. What you want is deffo the match, its got a roller thrust bearing to replace the drive side hub bearing which is where most of the side pressure is. Thats the one im getting when i comes out.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/21/2013 4:00 AM

wait till they are out and other people have ridden them... sometimes brands will have one proto for there riders then they make it using cheaper materials for consumers *cough* ezra fc*cough*

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/21/2013 7:49 AM

Cult seems legit. Something new. I would def get the cult before any other coaster just due to the fact it has a new design. I wouldn't be surprised if the Freemix used cults design.though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/21/2013 7:52 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cult seems legit. Something new. I would def get the cult before any other coaster just due to the fact it has a new design. I wouldn't be surprised if the Freemix used cults design.though.

I would be suprised if they did since they were annonced similar times i think, bt iunno, could be wrong. And cults isnt a new design so much as a altered bearing setup

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/21/2013 7:53 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

wait till they are out and other people have ridden them... sometimes brands will have one proto for there riders then they make it using cheaper materials for consumers *cough* ezra fc*cough*

you know what materials they scimped out on?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/21/2013 8:35 AM

Ezra

|

10/21/2013 9:54 AM

Freecoasters have been popular for a few years in street. I got one at the beginning of the first real surge back in like 06, it was a good time.

But as to what to get, look up reviews on any that you like. Externally adjustable slack can be nice, or do you want it to be both in one hub?

I had an Odyssey Reloader years ago and now have a Geisha hub shell with Reverse internals. Pretty decent, but I rarely run it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/21/2013 9:58 AM

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

10/21/2013 1:42 PM

No-one curious about the prototypes odyssey have just got in?

|

10/21/2013 2:02 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Nope

|

10/21/2013 4:00 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I was gearing towards Cult. I just wonder if they'll have a whole wheel available , along with hubguards on release?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/21/2013 5:21 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Woah! Look who's here.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling