What Is the Purpose Of SLAMMED Seats? Functional Or Fashion A$OP Rocky Trendy?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2014 6:48 PM

ben out the game for 10 years and just came back recently... seen URRRRBODy with theirs seats all the way down to the post..

I was like what is this, apparently its called "slammed"..

Wondering if it helps or not? keep in mind I'm coming from the era where you pinched your set to throw the bars and the higher the seat was the "easier" it was to do it..

whats up?

oNe

|

10/2/2014 6:53 PM

nobody does that as much as people did in the days of ziptied slammed seats
i run over a fist of post and i ride street

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/2/2014 6:58 PM

Slam your stem, slam your seat, slam your chain.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

10/2/2014 7:20 PM

Only advantage to slammed seats is it wont get in the way on tailwhips. Thats all. The disadvantage list is alot longer than that. Run your seat wherever its convenient for you and your riding.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/2/2014 7:23 PM

slammed isnt big anymore. i run 2-3 fingers of post showing

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/2/2014 7:33 PM

Effting wrote:

haha, No idea what this kid is saying... its like he not even speaking english..

but yeah I ride my seat as hight it go... funny thing is the seat post NOW has a min" line, haha thats crazy to me man!

But yeah i run it to that line, slightly above it actually!

Was just honestly curious if it had any functionality because I was not seeing it.. man it kills me trying to sit and pedal on one of those bikes with the seat all the way down...

when the emcee's came to live out they name, some had to snort ko-kane to act insane....

oNe

|

10/2/2014 10:02 PM

Slam everything on your bike, then slam your car, then slam your gf or possibly bf if you have all the rest slammed. I guess this is logical for a teenage male.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/2/2014 10:06 PM

A$OP Rocky

|

10/2/2014 10:36 PM

I've had a high seatpost fuck me over more than a slammed seatpost but I like to chill and watch homies so higher is more comfy but bad for tricks

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/3/2014 4:03 AM

Seat hight will also effect your hops

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/3/2014 4:06 AM

Effting wrote:

Perfection

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/3/2014 6:17 AM

Effting wrote:

Phabeon wrote:

haha, No idea what this kid is saying... its like he not even speaking english..

but yeah I ride my seat as hight it go... ...more

My comment is pretty simple. You are not a good cyclist if your stem is not sitting on your headset cap, chain needs to be broken every time to get your wheel off and you can't even see the post.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

10/3/2014 8:20 AM

I like to run my slim seat slammed because when I used to run it high it was annoying to hop because the seat touched my ass

|

10/3/2014 9:42 AM

it's strictly for looks. not functional, other than that it doesn't hit your ass but it doesn't have to be slammed to serve that purpose.

and why are you rapping?

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

10/3/2014 10:45 AM

Fist and a half is normal for my seatpost height.

|

10/3/2014 11:00 AM

The seat posts got shorter but the seats got fatter. So if you slam it(or close to) you can still pinch with knees pretty easily.

Slammed wheel is a must for me. Keeps it from shifting on big impacts and I like the shorter rear feel anyway. Also have a master link for easy maintenance.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/3/2014 2:45 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Only advantage to slammed seats is it wont get in the way on tailwhips. Thats all. The disadvantage list is alot longer than ...more

Tailwhips, nac-nacs, cavemans.....

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

10/3/2014 2:49 PM

Don't need a seatpost when you have zipties.

|

10/3/2014 3:45 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

I like to run my slim seat slammed because when I used to run it high it was annoying to hop because the seat touched my ass

You must be to far forward with your body for hops if that happens.

Mine has a few functions some are petty.
Years and years ago, I started to run my seat low, so I could escape easy and not get hung up on the seat, be it the front or the back of seat. Same reason for me having a slight incline on the seat, if something gets trapped in the front, it is easier to slip back off/ out of it.

I might have a strange way of setting my seat height, started it a long time ago racing. Bar/grip height and back tire pretty much sets my seat height. I set my seat with the bike flipped over on level ground. The seat gives the bike another point of contact with the ground when flipped over. With the bike flipped, Bar/grips, seat and rear tire touch the ground, cranks and rear tire do not move.

|

10/3/2014 5:32 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Slam everything on your bike, then slam your car, then slam your gf or possibly bf if you have all the rest slammed. I guess ...more

Go Bears!!!

ChIRaQ in the house!

oNe

|

10/3/2014 5:34 PM

tWo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/3/2014 5:37 PM

Effting wrote:

Phabeon wrote:

but yeah I ride my seat as hight it go... ...more

Effting wrote:

My comment is pretty simple. You are not a good cyclist if your stem is not sitting on your headset cap, chain needs to be ...more

my bad, I just thought you were talking sh*t..

I googled some and didn't know you can actually "SLAM" your wheels, and your chain..

So if I understand it correctly...

SLAMMING the wheel is when you push the rear axles all the way to the dropout(i.e. towards front tear v/s away from front tire)....

In addition to fix the NOW loose chain, you have to remove a link or 2 which then classifies as "slamming" the chain now.. right?

Slamming your stem was new to me so I googled that just now as well... What purpose/functionality does a "slammed" stem provide?

I'm in the back screaming Holla at me GIPP

oNe

|

10/3/2014 6:03 PM

BMXism wrote:

tWo

tRey

|

10/4/2014 9:46 AM

No point in having your seat up when your legs cramp from sitting down.

|

10/4/2014 9:54 AM

Slammed stem means no spacers on the steerer tube

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/4/2014 9:54 AM

some people actually like riding their seats differently from the way you do. I know, it's crazy. It's almost as if they're different people.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

10/23/2014 6:16 PM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

some people actually like riding their seats differently from the way you do. I know, it's crazy. It's almost as if they're ...more

Its almost as if your trying to say that NOT everybody is the same??

what madness is this...

...oNe

tWo...

..... tRey.......

|

10/23/2014 6:38 PM

This thread is useless without pics.

|

Fit wifi, slam bars, demolition stem, shadow seat post, peddals,sprocket ,captive forks.
profile 3 pc cranks, profile mini hubs, odyssey 7ka rims , fit faf white wallz.

10/23/2014 6:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2014 6:58 PM

I run mine 3 fingers of post showing, funny because i just got back into it after like 11yrs lol, I love that my bike is not 36+ pounds anymore smile

just run it how you like it.

|

My FBM bike check

10/23/2014 8:54 PM

Gentlemen...

My apologies if I didn't make this clear.. I wasn't asking cuz I wanted to change my style or nothing...

I was honestly just curious if "slamming" it brought any advantages to riding or if it was just a fad...

Personally I run my seat to that minimum mark on the seat post.. wish it could go higher tho!

oNe

|