What I've been up to - Surgeries, Capital Crew, NEW PRODUCT RELEASE, etc.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2018 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 2:27 PM

Just wanted to give you guys a quick run down of all the stuff I've been working on these past few months & why I've been quite inactive on the forum recently (& haven't finished the BMX Buying Guide yetblush )

Long story short, my surgeon totally toasted my wrist after 3 surgeries, I lost my job of 2 years because of that, & finally about a month ago had a new surgeon remove my bone & fuse my wrist. I've still got a bit of a road to recovery from the new surgery so I cant count on finding a new job anytime soon.
I managed to get a really small loan from family to use as a start up for the "BMX Brand" I've always dreamed of starting up & have been full-send mode on the event, business, & video aspects of BMX ever since (I figure I should try to make the most of my situation & stay as involved as possible while I'm crippledgrin )

I have started & created my own website, which has a content section that I intend to use as a media outlet for underdog riders & all the guys who are behind the scenes in BMX that don't get much recognition in the "mainstream" BMX media. Also in the content section, you can find all of our Capital Crew BMX Edits & BMX Vlogs which are all filmed & edited by myself.

If you guys have any YouTube or Vimeo videos you want shared on the site, just send the link to your video to info@capitalcrewbmx.com or submit it on the site! Would love to get a variety of content & riders posted on there. (& Please let me know what you guys think of the site! This is my first time even attempting to build one.)

Unfortunately, it is somewhat hard for me to keep up with the website & video editing due to not having my own personal computer, so I only have access to those things on certain days & times.
In order to get the funds together to hopefully get a macbook I've been spending a lot of time designing merchandise & finally bringing some old ideas to life; heres a few of them!

"Capital Brew" Grind Wax
I hand-made the mold for these & make them two at a time with lots of lovekissing
Photo
Need to wax up spots on the go, but can't stand getting wax all over the inside of your bag?
We've got you covered with our 12oz Bottle-shaped "Capital Brew" Grind Wax that comes conveniently packaged in a zip-up Capital Crew Koozie to keep the contents of your bag dry while riding from spot-to-spot.

"The Brick" Travel Trays
I designed these camera-shaped trays & had them made by Black Kat Kreations here in Warrenton, MO. Use your imagination smile
Photo
Have trouble losing your nuts & bolts while working on your bike?
We've got you covered with our VX-shaped "The Brick" Travel Trays which are conveniently sized to fit in most backpacks or glove compartments for use on the road. Made in the U.S.A.

"Make BMX Rad Again" Hats
This is a brand new design that I've been very hesitant to post until now, so you guys are getting the very first look at them. They will be here any day now & the first batch is expected to go quick. This has been an idea of mine since I first saw the MAGA hats so I'm very reluctant to finally get them done (& luckily before someone else thought of it too!)
Photo

I also have different Hats, T-shirts, & a few other items & it's all available on The Capital Shop
& you guys can save 10% on any of it with promo code "VITAL10", or 13% Off Orders 50+ with code "SUMMER13". All proceeds from my products are going towards a fall/winter clothing line & eventually a macbook to work from.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still alive, plan on riding again hopefully very soon, and am still very much so involved with the sport/activity that we all love!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/13/2018 3:03 PM

That's awesome! Hope it all works out well for you. I need to find a job asap so I can put more money into theGrey, hopefully more sprockets and a frontload stem.
It sounds like you're putting more effort into it than I did! But don't be discouraged by not making money on it. I nearly broke even on my last batch of sprockets (could've broken even pretty easily, but gave too many away, and the few that are left are raffled off at our trails jam this weekend, with all profit going to my friends wife), and took a loss on all the clothing I've done so far. But it's promotion, and it's rare for any new starter to make profit in the first year. Just keep at it, and it will grow!

|

8/13/2018 3:16 PM

Oh man that Capital Brew is sick. Plus a koozie?? The hookup.

|

8/13/2018 3:37 PM

With brick we roll?
Hell yeah we do!

|

Hmmm

8/13/2018 3:46 PM

Edman123 wrote:

With brick we roll?
Hell yeah we do!

Haha & I'll elaborate on that.

My main camera is a Panasonic HVX200A, basically a larger VX that shoots in HD with an 82mm lens. It is heavy as can be so we refer to it as "The Brick."

& I originally used that design for our "The Brick" dollar-bill-themed T-Shirts which read, "With Brick, We Film" with the pyramid design & "O.G. Washington" holding a camera
Photo
Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

8/13/2018 10:58 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's awesome! Hope it all works out well for you. I need to find a job asap so I can put more money into theGrey, hopefully ...more

Meant to reply to this sooner!

Thanks a million for the kind words, & I wouldn't say I'm putting in more effort, just have much more time on my hands to dedicate to it than most people do, seeing as I physically cant do much else for awhile haha. I figure this is my time to do or die with it, I'm trying to treat my condition as an opportunity instead of a curse.

It has been pretty tough getting funds together this way but I wouldn't trade it for the world haha. I just try to stay focused on only spending the funds I do receive on important things such as new products & necessary supplies for the jams that I host.

Just glad to be a part of such a rad community, a lot more people have shown love & support for what I'm doing than I ever would have expected. That alone is worth more than the money to me
& at the end of the day, I couldn't do any of it without BMXtongue

|

8/13/2018 11:45 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's awesome! Hope it all works out well for you. I need to find a job asap so I can put more money into theGrey, hopefully ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Thanks a million for the kind words, & I wouldn't say I'm putting in more effort, just ...more

Well it seems like you're already a lot more established than me, with a decent following.
I've never been too fussed about making money either, it'll never become a job to me. But it's nice when it gets to the point it pays for itself!
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I hope your wrist heals well!

Any plans to put your sprocket into production?

|

8/14/2018 12:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Thanks a million for the kind words, & I wouldn't say I'm putting in more effort, just ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Well it seems like you're already a lot more established than me, with a decent following.
I've never been too fussed about ...more

Thanks Steve!! The healing is coming along nicely, already feels much more wrist-like than it has this entire past year.

I am planning on producing the sprockets eventually, it's just a matter of time & funding. Taking things slow right now & keeping everything on the cheaper side. Hoping to have a wide variety of cheap-ish products before I move back onto bike parts.

|

8/14/2018 12:45 AM

Stoked on this , it sucks I'm not a local as I'd totally be backing this up . Honestly thing we'd have fun riding together , maybe I'll day I'll fly down haha.

I actually have to take 2 painkillers before I ride to make it enjoyable. My knee issues have been really bad and I'm going to boil an appointment to get some consultation on surgeries I can get

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/14/2018 12:54 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Stoked on this , it sucks I'm not a local as I'd totally be backing this up . Honestly thing we'd have fun riding together , ...more

Ouch. Relying on painkillers to ride is the worst, very belittling feeling, at least to me.. was just in your shoes a couple months back.

April 13th is Capital-Lou-Jam 3 so you should definitely plan on being here for that! It's going to be absolutely epic. Spend some time down here afterwards and we'll show ya around town!

|

8/14/2018 1:16 AM

Yeeaah really creative man, I love the wood brick, useless but wonderfull. The VX president shirt is funky too ! "with brick, we film"( wax beers we drink !).

I just disagree with the hat, bmx IS rad !

Your website looks pretty clean, simple and efficient.
I also got some videos, like this or that that you can share on your website if you like them.

|

8/14/2018 1:41 AM

Thumbs up on the wood brick from a joiner, looking really good. You know what wood it is?

Rest of the products also looking really nice, and now I want one of those green t-shirtsgrin

|

8/14/2018 1:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 1:49 AM

Francky wrote:

Yeeaah really creative man, I love the wood brick, useless but wonderfull. The VX president shirt is funky too ! "with brick, ...more

I really dig both of those videos!!

Could you email me the links with the full names of the riders & the filmer? Info@capitalcrewbmx.com

Also mention where they were filmed!

|

8/14/2018 1:45 AM

Rabbe wrote:

Thumbs up on the wood brick from a joiner, looking really good. You know what wood it is?

Rest of the products also looking ...more

Thank you! The Trays are milled from Oak.

If you decide to grab a shirt, don't forget to get 10% off with code "VITAL10"wink

|

8/14/2018 1:47 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Thank you! The Trays are milled from Oak.

If you decide to grab a shirt, don't forget to get 10% off with code "VITAL10"wink

Wasn't too far off then, oak is a good choice for the use too. And damn, now I gotta get a shirt with discount codes and everythingtongue

|

8/14/2018 7:42 AM

As a resident of California I can legally say I'd use that tray for the sorting and rolling of Marijuana.

|

8/14/2018 9:07 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

As a resident of California I can legally say I'd use that tray for the sorting and rolling of Marijuana.

Hahaha thankstongue

They are perfect for that exact purpose grin

|

8/14/2018 9:32 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Hahaha thankstongue

They are perfect for that exact purpose grin

One could almost go as far to say that they could have been designed for that purpose.

|

Hmmm

8/14/2018 11:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 11:46 AM

Francky wrote:

Yeeaah really creative man, I love the wood brick, useless but wonderfull. The VX president shirt is funky too ! "with brick, ...more

capitalcrewbmx.com/content/perspective-cinematic-bmx-street-riding
www.capitalcrewbmx.com/content/acid-street-bmx-riding-in-france
Thanks for sending those in, Francky!

If anyone else has any videos they'd like shared, just send um in!! Hoping to host some sort of a video competition once more people begin getting involved.
|

8/14/2018 11:56 AM

Francky wrote:

I'm tempted to send my selfie edit in, but it sucks XD

|

8/14/2018 11:41 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Do ittongue

|

8/15/2018 9:49 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Do ittongue

X10 what Rabbe said

|

8/16/2018 11:15 AM

Just got the MBRA Hats in w00t
Just waiting on some tags for them to arrive & then they will be available on the site Photo

|

8/27/2018 10:03 AM

Tag company is trying to rip me off so I've issued a refund & will have to sell the hats without tags..

Therefore, they're now available for sale on capitalcrewbmx.com

|

8/27/2018 10:12 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Tag company is trying to rip me off so I've issued a refund & will have to sell the hats without tags..

Therefore, ...more

Some of those little details aren't worth paying for at first in my opinion anyway. Some people will appreciate the detail, but some won't notice at all.

|

8/27/2018 10:37 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Therefore, ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Some of those little details aren't worth paying for at first in my opinion anyway. Some people will appreciate the detail, ...more

The reason I was adding tags is because I didnt want to litter the clean-look of the design with our logo.. figured it would be easier to have it printed on a tag & sewn on the back somewhere.

I've been rocking my hat for the past couple weeks & nobody realizes it's a Capital Crew Hat or that I totally have some to sell.

Oh whale. Still my favorite hattongue

|

10/4/2018 1:02 PM

Update;

Our Summer Sale is over so I am now offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $65 or more.
That means Free Shipping + 10% Off for you forum members!!
Photo

Also, I finally got tags for the Make BMX Rad again hats! I sew them to the hats by hand with lots of love. Let me know what you guys think! Photo

Also also, I can somewhat ride again. Sounds like I may very likely need a full wrist fusion to get back to 100% again, but I'll cross that bridge when I finish PT.

|

10/5/2018 1:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2018 1:24 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Update;

Our Summer Sale is over so I am now offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $65 or more.
That means Free Shipping + 10% ...more

How much would I have to order with to get free shipping to Finland?grin those shirts have been talking to me for a while

|

10/5/2018 8:23 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Update;

That means Free Shipping + 10% ...more

Rabbe wrote:

How much would I have to order with to get free shipping to Finland?grin those shirts have been talking to me for a while

That I am not sure.. Let me know what all you would like, and I'll see what shipping would be. Could possibly split the costs with you or something if it's not too much!

|

10/5/2018 9:06 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That I am not sure.. Let me know what all you would like, and I'll see what shipping would be. Could possibly split the costs ...more

Damn you're a nice dude, I'll get back to you soon enough

|