What Kink bike should i get?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2014 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2014 11:14 PM

I was going to get the Kink liberty but than found out there was no brakes or brake mounts which scarred me because brakes are good. So I like Kink and I will be getting a bike from them but which one i will be using it for Park/Street? You guys know your stuff so help me decide please keep it under a reasonable price (preferably under 800). Also i have been riding for about 4 years now so i am not exactly a n00b m8

|

7/31/2014 9:06 AM

How tall are you?

Do you ride pegs?

Right foot forward or left forward?

How old are you?

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

7/31/2014 9:23 AM

2015 kink whip just get a front rim because its single walled! it has breaks it is full chromo so yeah and it cheaper than the liberty

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

7/31/2014 9:51 AM

I thought all completes came with brakes..isn't it a law..I know it is in PA, but not sure about everywhere else..and besides if you really want a liberty you could just buy a set of brakes and mounts and throw them on if you wanted to

|

7/31/2014 9:56 AM

lbphillyrider wrote:

I thought all completes came with brakes..isn't it a law..I know it is in PA, but not sure about everywhere else..and besides ...more

it comes with a front caliper

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

7/31/2014 12:20 PM

just looked at the kink search, seems like a dialed bike. If you have the money to buy a good bike id just spend the money, the parts will be better then the cheaper bikes and it will last longer, Then when something breaks just replace it over time.

|

7/31/2014 10:08 PM

transition_chris wrote:

How tall are you?

Do you ride pegs?

How old are you?

about 5 foot 8

yes 2 on right side

right foot forward

|

7/31/2014 10:08 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

I thought all completes came with brakes..isn't it a law..I know it is in PA, but not sure about everywhere else..and besides ...more

true....

|

8/1/2014 11:52 AM

transition_chris wrote:

How tall are you?

Do you ride pegs?

How old are you?

BMW-X wrote:

about 5 foot 8

yes 2 on right side

right foot forward

What you should be looking for is a Left Hand Drive Bike, around 20.75" and preferably full chromoly, with double wall rims front and rear. Also if you can get a female axle up front and the bike comes with hub guards you're doing even better.

The Kink Liberty Sexton is pretty close to what you want but slightly bigger. Too bad it is brakeless so it isn't really a good option for you.

If you're staying with Kink your next best bet is probably the Barrier, but it's RHD so that would take it our of the running in my opinion.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx