What Redline Rival Is This And Questions????

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2016 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2016 7:55 PM

I picked this bike up used for my 7 year old. I'm not sure what year it is if someone could help me out. Also the crank has a little play in it. Can I just pull the crank apart and inspect and it my just need tightened up a little. If not what bearing set do I use? Also the rear wheel has a smidge of play too same question about pulling apart and putting back together. What lube do you use for crank and rear bearing?
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/6/2016 11:19 PM

I can't find pics on Google the same as that. Chances are it's a 1 piece crank, or at least a 1 piece bottom bracket. If there's only a little bit of play you can usually get rid of that just by tightening the locknut on the non drive side. It's left hand thread. If they're 3 piece cranks it could be one of the arms is a little loose. Just tighten all the bolts (loosen the pinch bolts, tighten the crank bolt, then tighten the pinch bolts).
If there's a fair bit of play you'll need a new bottom bracket which should be pretty easy to get through any bike shop or online. The same if it's sealed, any bike shop should be able to get them.

Same goes for the rear wheel really. Just loosen the wheel nuts and tighten the cone locknuts up a touch, until it stops wobbling. If there's a lot of play you'll need new bearings (this is assuming it's not sealed). If they're sealed bearings you can tap them out and there'll be a number on the dust cover, any bike shop or bearing shop will be able to get hold of them if you quote them that number.

If you get a close up pic of the bb area and the rear axle, we'll be able to confirm if they're sealed or not

|