What Should i Do?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2013 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2013 8:19 PM

the bike i was hoping to get at walmart was a good and light bmx bike and its not in the store now, i am so self conscious about my bike frame, its ugly and back when i got this bike was 4 years ago i was 14 i did not know anything about bmx, i just wanted a bike to ride and use for transportation and now i totally regret it, but i am a good bmx flatland rider and i want to show the world my skills via youtube but i currently have no money no job, its hard because i love this sport and my bike is a good 31 pounds at the most but ive gotten used to it.

my friends tell me its heavy but not to me, i can bunny hop pretty high, I have the Steamroller Dialed in pretty sick, i guess im less fortunate then most people that actually have pro bikes, i was thinking about just searching on ebay or something for just a simple bike frame for under 100 bucks with a standard headset the ones where the fork is threaded, but i cannot find one, what should i do? wait like 5 years till i can get enough money to get a pro bike or what?, but heres my piece of sh** Photo

|

10/17/2013 8:28 PM

I feel ya man. try craigslist and just search flatland bmx. or if you look on ebay search the same thing. but anyway run it by us first before you buy it. if its good we will tell you. not many of us flatland but we know our parts.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/17/2013 8:30 PM

is there a way we could see some of your clips too?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/17/2013 8:32 PM

31 pounds is not that heavy but is compared to most modern bikes. You could buy a new frame, but the rest of your bike would still be the same and you wouldn't be able to reap the benefits of the new frame. I would just try to find a way to make extra money and get a new/used bike it will be a huge difference from you bike right now.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/17/2013 9:01 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

I feel ya man. try craigslist and just search flatland bmx. or if you look on ebay search the same thing. but anyway run it by ...more

thats what i have been doing but the funny thing is ive never bought anything from ebay haha i dont know if its legit stuff that im getting, thats why i always buy it in person with cash.

|

10/17/2013 9:48 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

I feel ya man. try craigslist and just search flatland bmx. or if you look on ebay search the same thing. but anyway run it by ...more

JustFlatland wrote:

thats what i have been doing but the funny thing is ive never bought anything from ebay haha i dont know if its legit stuff ...more

I'm on budget and poor too. Well actually, my parents don't really let me keep money, so whatever I get is just pure luck or if I ask once every long while. You just gotta go for it, but look at feedback and reviews and references to see if the person, seller, vender, etc. is legit.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/17/2013 10:11 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm on budget and poor too. Well actually, my parents don't really let me keep money, so whatever I get is just pure luck or ...more

This just make sure you do your research and check the guys rep, my dad has got some pretty good deals on bike parts on ebay.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/18/2013 8:01 AM

Ebay is all ran through paypal so you oughta be fine. Walmart.com should also have the bike you were lookin at. Your local walmart should be able to order one for you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx