Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2009 5:45 PM

I called up danscomp and they said 194mm
Albes said 192mm
Empire said 186mm
Some online site said 188mm
And street mafia said 192mm

I got 194mmand 192mm and 188 and 186 spokes, tried them all and 194mm was too long, so was 192mm and 188 and 186 didnt work and so i got some 190 ones from a friend and they didnt work either.

i have the eclat teck front hub and the fly front rim its cross lacing one

someone help. thanks

|

kobe bryant ready

9/27/2009 5:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2009 5:49 PM

one of those has to work. it all depends on the spoke pattern and cross lacing(most are 3 cross and 4 cross).if 194 and 192 were too long, and 188 and 186 were too short, then 190 should work. get your shop to do it for you, because you obviously dont know how

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

9/28/2009 3:48 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

one of those has to work. it all depends on the spoke pattern and cross lacing(most are 3 cross and 4 cross).if 194 and 192 were too long, and 188 and 186 were too short, then 190 should work. get your shop to do it for you, because you obviously dont know how

MY shop is a dick, i asked them to cut spokes and theyr like we dont have the tools and when i asked how much to lace, they said 50 bucks... starting!

|

kobe bryant ready

9/28/2009 3:51 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

spikez5 wrote:

MY shop is a dick, i asked them to cut spokes and theyr like we dont have the tools and when i asked how much to lace, they said 50 bucks... starting!

first off you dont cut spokes. its pretty usless to do so. your shop should have the right spoke length. and im guessing you havent laced a wheel before, let your shop do it, so you know it was done professionally

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)

9/28/2009 3:53 PM

your shop needs to die

|

RIDE TILL I DIE

9/28/2009 5:00 PM

Some shops have a machine that cuts and threads spokes.Heres a spoke calculator. http://www.bikeschool.com/spokes/

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

9/28/2009 5:01 PM

|

don't put your finger anywhere you wouldn't put your dick
cell# 518 682. 718.0.(only for parts)
refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

9/28/2009 5:03 PM

|

refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

9/28/2009 5:03 PM

it says 193 4x

|

9/28/2009 5:11 PM

and eclat can only 4x

|

refs

9/28/2009 5:13 PM

millsaps wrote:

and eclat can only 4x

Smart man

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/28/2009 5:15 PM

misfit131 wrote:

your shop needs to die

You're both fucking idiots. You can't cut spokes without rethreading them, and I don't know a shop in the world that will do that. 50$ is a little steep, but you must realize that most shops don't lace wheels very much anymore. It is a lost art among many. Not everyone can lace a wheel as fast as turbo. It usually takes a good solid hour of no distractions.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

9/28/2009 5:17 PM

misfit131 wrote:

your shop needs to die

tibug wrote:

You're both fucking idiots. You can't cut spokes without rethreading them, and I don't know a shop in the world that will do that. 50$ is a little steep, but you must realize that most shops don't lace wheels very much anymore. It is a lost art among many. Not everyone can lace a wheel as fast as turbo. It usually takes a good solid hour of no distractions.

very true. i can do it right at about 25 to 30 minutes

|

9/28/2009 5:19 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

That's pretty fast. I haven't laced a bmx wheel in a while, but the last wheel I did was a 24" and it took me a solid hour. Maybe more, but time flies when you're having fun...

|

9/28/2009 5:21 PM

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

That's pretty fast. I haven't laced a bmx wheel in a while, but the last wheel I did was a 24" and it took me a solid hour. Maybe more, but time flies when you're having fun...

yeah. thats my fastest time for a 36 spoke 3x. i can lace road bike aero rims real quick. like the 12 spoke ones.aero spokes and carbon aero rims

|

9/28/2009 5:25 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

yeah. thats my fastest time for a 36 spoke 3x. i can lace road bike aero rims real quick. like the 12 spoke ones.aero spokes and carbon aero rims

I love the look of the spoke patern on those bikes.

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/28/2009 5:25 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/28/2009 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:08 PM

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

9/28/2009 5:26 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

I've never actually laced an aero wheel. Wow. haha. We sometimes get in those horrible Zipp wheels..etc, in for truing..that's the closed I've came to building them. Super gay. lol.

|

9/28/2009 5:27 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

They're stupid. I hate them. lol.

|

9/28/2009 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2009 5:28 PM

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

yeah. there pretty sick. like mavic straight pull aero spokes.laced to full carbon super aero zipp rims.so nice.

|

9/28/2009 5:28 PM

|

9/28/2009 5:29 PM

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

I've never actually laced an aero wheel. Wow. haha. We sometimes get in those horrible Zipp wheels..etc, in for truing..that's the closed I've came to building them. Super gay. lol.

there pretty easy to build if you do it right

|

9/28/2009 5:29 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

tibug wrote:

there pretty cool

|

9/28/2009 5:31 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

there pretty cool

Nah they are. They're good nowadays. We still get quite a few cracked carbon Zipps in, but mostly, it's the old ones when people didn't know what they were doing with carbon..or aluminum for that matter, and nipples would pull themselves straight out of the rim.

|

9/28/2009 5:35 PM

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

there pretty cool

tibug wrote:

Nah they are. They're good nowadays. We still get quite a few cracked carbon Zipps in, but mostly, it's the old ones when people didn't know what they were doing with carbon..or aluminum for that matter, and nipples would pull themselves straight out of the rim.

yeah. ive seen it plenty of times. i laced up 3 sets of zipps for my bosses 3 road bikes. his bikes are so nice. he has a carbon camponolgo(i have an old campy bike that im restoring. cant wait till i finish), a carbon van dessel, and a titanium campy. so nice. but hes cracked a few zipp rims. oh, and all his wheels have mavic hubs

|

9/28/2009 5:39 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

yeah. ive seen it plenty of times. i laced up 3 sets of zipps for my bosses 3 road bikes. his bikes are so nice. he has a carbon camponolgo(i have an old campy bike that im restoring. cant wait till i finish), a carbon van dessel, and a titanium campy. so nice. but hes cracked a few zipp rims. oh, and all his wheels have mavic hubs

Good Stuff man. I'd like to get into road bikes. We just picked up Independent Fabrications and their frames are fucking beautiful. So nice.

|

9/28/2009 5:41 PM

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

Good Stuff man. I'd like to get into road bikes. We just picked up Independent Fabrications and their frames are fucking beautiful. So nice.

yeah they are. i have a van dessel. its pretty nice. just stock besides bars and pedals and derailleurs.

|

9/28/2009 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2009 5:43 PM

tibug wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

their ti deluxe mtb has that cool but weird one sided triple clamp fork

|

9/28/2009 5:43 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

yeah they are. i have a van dessel. its pretty nice. just stock besides bars and pedals and derailleurs.

They are beautiful. What do you have for your drivetrain? And do you like it?

|