What Tyres/Tires should I buy?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2014 7:19 PM

Hi, I am wanting to buy some new tyres and need abit of help with what would be good to buy. I currently ride F.A.F. but they are slowly balding and 1 tyre has a few slices along the tread because of some glass or something. I am wanting to try something different other than F.A.F. as I don't think I like them that much.

I mainly ride Street and Park so I am wanting something with nice grip and something that will last a long time. If they could be more than 2.15 width? and have tan walls that would be good. But if there is anything better without tan walls then I may be interested in them.

If you could give me a few suggestions. Much appreciated smile

|

9/29/2014 7:31 PM

Animal glh. Super thick, barely ever get flats with them, grip great, i've been on mine in the rear for ten months most of which was brakless and it still doesn't need to be replaced.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/29/2014 7:32 PM

Most all odyssey and animal tires are a good choice. I'd recommend 2.25 Aitkens they come in tan wall too

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/29/2014 7:37 PM

s&m speedballs
thick tires, slick center with treads on the sides. its got an extra thick band running around the sidewalls so you dont grind through the sidewalls
i love mine

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/29/2014 7:42 PM

2.35 knobby Aitken up front and 2.1 Kink Vela in the rear. By far the best tire setup I've ever had. Light, super fast, and grips on everything.

Photo

|

9/29/2014 8:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2014 8:25 PM

Damn, hard choice. Haha smile I was thinking Odyssey Aitken (knobbly? or no?) not sure smile Would want nice thick tread sort of like odysseys path 2.10 but unfortunately they only do 2.10 and no bigger. I would want to get matching tyre sizes and maybe tan walls. Well I have about 1-2months to pick so I guess I'll see if there's anything that really interests me.

|

9/29/2014 8:25 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

2.35 knobby Aitken up front and 2.1 Kink Vela in the rear. By far the best tire setup I've ever had. Light, super fast, and ...more

Nice BIke smile

|

9/29/2014 10:31 PM

odyssey hawks. great grip on park and street.....and on walls if you're into that lol. lasts long. rolls smooth and fast. dont squeak.
fly rubens. great grip on everything, walls included. doesn't last too long (in my experience). somewhat squeaky.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

9/30/2014 9:34 AM

dood. r u stuped? its tye-eerrrrs (and its supposed to be said with a pirate accent)

kids these days

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/30/2014 12:41 PM

Subrosa gravedigger tires

|

9/30/2014 1:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2014 1:57 PM

BSD donnasqueak's.
I ride them in 2.25" grips perfectly on everything, i've never had any slippy problem with these with my street/park use.
And there are avaiable in tanwall, in 2,25" or 40.

There is also the Flybikes Ruben, who grips everywhere, I put one at the front for riding dirt.
Or the Odyssey Aitken or Kink Lyra in the same kind.

|

10/1/2014 6:16 PM

I highly recommended fit t/a's. They are grippy with really low rolling resistance. The sidewalls are slippery so you don't lose momentum on ledges. They're my favorite tires I have ridden. They look sick too and come in other colors instead of red. Photo

|

10/2/2014 1:18 AM

FIT FAF 2.25 front

|

10/2/2014 2:08 AM

maxlikesbikes wrote:

I highly recommended fit t/a's. They are grippy with really low rolling resistance. The sidewalls are slippery so you don't ...more

Meh, my side walls are gettimg torn to shit, grip nive ish though... And to the last guy that posted, you not read the op's first post?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/2/2014 3:59 PM

Okay. Thanks everyone. I will just see what tyres I like best. The Fit T/A tyres look sick haha. I think I might try something that is not fit and see how they feel.

|