What WTP Frame to buy on Albe's

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2016 12:27 PM

There is 4 frames i am looking at currently that are on sale for 189 on albes. http://www.albes.com/sale/sale-bmx-frames/
The WTP Cadence, WTP Dawn, WTP Sterling, and WTP Irish. I am not sure if any of these frames are better than one another, but for some reason i seem to be drawn towards the Sterling or Irish. The Sterling comes in 20.6, 20.9, and 21.2. The Irish comes in 20.45 and 20.9. I am currently 5' 9 1/2" and not sure what size to get, but i am not interested in the 21.2, as my current 21.25 frame feels to large. The seat tube angle on the sterling is 69 degrees, so i am unsure what the affect would be. So the question is what frame if any is better, and what size tt would you guys recommend for me. Thanks.

|

1/21/2016 7:11 PM

Any recommendations on which frame/size ?tongue

|

1/22/2016 9:45 AM

You could try the Irish 20.45 TT. I would get the Irish frame in trans green, because it's green and called the "Irish". Sounds dope.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/22/2016 10:04 AM

21 cadence. good all around geo

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

1/22/2016 12:22 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

You could try the Irish 20.45 TT. I would get the Irish frame in trans green, because it's green and called the "Irish". ...more

Whichever frame i buy will be in black titan. The green irish is cool but i don't think it would look near as good on my bike as the Black Titan. Do any of you know what the 69 degree seat tube will change on the sterling? I read somewhere that a slightly larger tt would accommodate for that, but i am unsure if it is true.

|

1/22/2016 12:34 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

You could try the Irish 20.45 TT. I would get the Irish frame in trans green, because it's green and called the "Irish". ...more

sultzer27 wrote:

Whichever frame i buy will be in black titan. The green irish is cool but i don't think it would look near as good on my bike ...more

Read this.

Here it is.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/22/2016 12:56 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Read this.

Here it is.

Ahh thanks man! I already somewhat understood most of that, but that article definitely cleared up the confusion. If i wanted to go with that sterling, the 20.9 would probably be my best betsmile

|

1/22/2016 1:10 PM

sultzer27 wrote:

Whichever frame i buy will be in black titan. The green irish is cool but i don't think it would look near as good on my bike ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Read this.

Here it is.

sultzer27 wrote:

Ahh thanks man! I already somewhat understood most of that, but that article definitely cleared up the confusion. If i wanted ...more

Sure thing!

Also remember that you may grow more, so I would suggest going with a longer frame over one that is shorter than your current frame (unless you think the current one is too long.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/22/2016 2:36 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Read this.

Here it is.

sultzer27 wrote:

Ahh thanks man! I already somewhat understood most of that, but that article definitely cleared up the confusion. If i wanted ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Sure thing!

Also remember that you may grow more, so I would suggest going with a longer frame over one that is shorter than ...more

Yeah my current frame feels to long at 21.25. That is just one reason why i'm getting a new one LOL.

|

1/22/2016 3:11 PM

If I got a WTP I'd go with a Cadence

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/22/2016 4:27 PM

sultzer27 wrote:

Yeah my current frame feels to long at 21.25. That is just one reason why i'm getting a new one LOL.

Feel free to send me your old frame smile

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/22/2016 4:43 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

If I got a WTP I'd go with a Cadence

I might have to consider that, since it now has been recommended twice.

|

1/23/2016 5:54 AM

none

|

1/23/2016 10:19 AM

Just ordered the sterling and some new crank bolts from albe's today! thanks for the help

|

1/24/2016 11:20 PM

Your first mistake is using ALBES. Danscomp for life.

|

1/25/2016 10:29 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

For sure...Those Albe's dudes aren't very nice at all!

JK...They are all super cool and handsome but I guess it could be said that my opinion could be skewed.

|

1/25/2016 10:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2016 10:53 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

This , they sabatage their parts so they break and you have to order from them more , they'll even sell you a plunger to unplug the shitter after you plug it with all the sabataged parts

Order from bmxtransition.com , you'd be a fool not to, the Canadian dollar is at an all time low

|

1/25/2016 11:11 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

This , they sabatage their parts so they break and you have to order from them more , they'll even sell you a plunger to ...more

This is a false statement...our plungers don't actually work! smile

|

1/25/2016 11:39 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Wow. Mike Makes a return! Hi Mike! How's ND life?

Albes has been awesome, and done a lot more that I have seen compared to Dan's. Albe's has an account (as you can see) AND ACTUALLY helps out, even if they aren't making a buck off the situation. They want people to have a good time on bikes. I've even seen some offers of throwing minor things in the mail at what looked like no charge.

Where's Dan's?

That's right, not helping people outside of calling them to get vague answers. I recall years ago trying to get some basic info on an axle and the spacing between the bearing races, and they couldn't give me an answer other than "It should work".

Not trying to bash Dan's too much, because I have gotten a lot of parts from them over the years, but I am getting into the "Customer service over pricing" point. If a place is good to their customers (and even non-customers) and can have a little fun doing so, I will GLADLY support them.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura