What do you carry with you while riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2017 2:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 2:04 PM

If Im riding around my house, I just carry a simple allen multi-tool or a 6mm allen.

Longer trips I carry snacks, water, allens, wrenches for axles/pedals, spoke wrench, tubes, tube repair kit, small hand pump, extra master links, oil for chain, grease for threads and metal to metal, and some other odds and ends. It all fits in a small hydration pack thats comfortable enough to wear while doing tricks.

Needless to say, some people talk shit about all the "extra" stuff I carry until they need to use my tools or need help fixing their bike...lol

If Im going on an all day ride, I take some simple bandages as well.

What do you bring?

|

9/28/2017 2:38 PM

Mostly just bring my ceneca toolkit, water, and smokes lol but my park is only 2 blocks away

|

Ride till you die

9/28/2017 2:56 PM

If I stay local (which isn't often) I don't take anything really. But, my tools are in my bag all the time. 8mm, 6mm and 5.5mm allen keys, a chain tool, a few spare links, and a tube. I can strip my bike and rebuild it with that so I don't need anything else. If I get a flat, I replace my tube and find a garage with a pump. But I've only had 2 flats in 2 years. I usually carry a big candle, and phone tripod too

|

9/28/2017 3:00 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

If Im riding around my house, I just carry a simple allen multi-tool or a 6mm allen.

Longer trips I carry snacks, water, ...more

How do you define a long trip?

I don't like carrying a backpack (haven't yet found one that has a hip belt and it's not 30+ liters) so all I take is 6mm allen and credit card ... in case I pop a tube and need to take the subway

|

9/28/2017 3:11 PM

Backpack with beverages , air pump , usually tubes , dk random wrench , park tools chainbreaker , extra chain links , dethlens fisheye , mouth guard , knee pads

|

9/28/2017 3:20 PM

I didnt count safety gear. I wear gloves, helmet, and knee/shin pad combos. Probably should bring a mouthguard... i worry about knocking my teeth out sometimes...

|

9/28/2017 3:30 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

How do you define a long trip?

I don't like carrying a backpack (haven't yet found one that has a hip belt and it's not 30+ ...more

Well not super long but a 6+ hour ride away from wherever you parked. Or just being maybe and hour or 2 from your vehicle or home.

|

9/28/2017 3:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 7:23 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I didnt count safety gear. I wear gloves, helmet, and knee/shin pad combos. Probably should bring a mouthguard... i worry ...more

Yep you defiantly don't want to break your teeth out... been there done that....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/28/2017 3:46 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pretty similar setup-the tools needed to fully take my bike apart, some kneepads, sometimes gloves, a tube, and my phone holding tripod for self-filming.

If I drive to a spot (like a park) it stays in the car. In the rare instance I ride street close to home, a 6 MM allen is all I bring along with the tripod.

If farther or longer, the above mentioned stuff.

And I wear a helmet 100% of the time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/28/2017 4:47 PM

I recently Baught a 10 and 20 watt portable shoppro led chargeable floodlights for night sessions at skateparks , best idea I've had in a while , scooter free parks are a beautiful thing

|

9/28/2017 5:46 PM

Always carry a 6mm allen in my wallet and a spoke wrench in my pocket. I used to not carry the spoke wrench at all but a couple friends asked me to bring it out one time so I did, then each time I didn't bring it out they needed it, so I just started carrying it with me haha

Also carry the Odyssey Kable lock for when I wanna run in somewhere for a drink or snack quick

On trips to skateparks or other places to ride, I just keep a tool bag in the car with the essentials. The Animal multi-tool with several tools in it, tire levers, a hand pump, a tube or two, extra links, and a couple other things I think. Also sometimes a GoPro + handle for it

|

9/28/2017 6:35 PM

if im local with my friend i carry water, tire levers, and a patch kit.

if im going on a trip ( 10 miles on bike) than i carry a allen set, trail mix, spare tube, tire levers, and a mini pump in my backpack.

|

9/28/2017 6:40 PM

Smokes and keys. If I go to the park I bring allens and crescent wrench and some beverages but I drive there.

|

9/28/2017 9:20 PM

Helmet, lighter, smokes, phone charger, portable charger, tripod, multi-tool, 17mm ratchet w/ extension, and Bluetooth speaker or headphones.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

9/28/2017 9:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 9:27 PM

Anyone carry anything strange? Like a good luck charm or just something most people wouldnt expect.

I also carry a small flashlight with extra batteries in case i find a cool place to explore at night.

|

9/28/2017 11:24 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Anyone carry anything strange? Like a good luck charm or just something most people wouldnt expect.

I also carry a small ...more

well i carry this little 1st aid kit and zipties
once i snapped my straddle cable and i just connected 2, worked okayish, good enough to take me home

|

9/29/2017 12:47 AM

Shadow tool and a wrench

|

9/29/2017 2:11 AM

Keys , wallet , phone . Maybe on a good day , a helmet .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/29/2017 2:43 AM

I think there was a thread wayyyy back on this, lol.

I bring necessary allen keys, an adjustable wrench, chain breaker, spoke wrench, water, and a Hawai'i quarter. I picked it up at the park maybe a year or so ago and it's been there in my little backpack since.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/29/2017 6:26 AM

I got a backpack in my car that I take with me when I ride my bike around the city.

It has my tools:
-allen keys
-odyssey multi tool
-extra pegs
-tire tubes
-socket extentions
-needle nose pliers
- random multi purpose tool with knifes and other things
- water bottle

I tend to not take all my tools when I know Im riding far and for a while I usually take out the heavier stuff.

on my person i carry:
-phone
-wallet
-keys

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/29/2017 7:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2017 7:33 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I think there was a thread wayyyy back on this, lol.

I bring necessary allen keys, an adjustable wrench, chain breaker, spoke ...more

I dont even bother looking for old threads anymore. If I have something on my mind I make a new topic about it. Im not gonna get my ass reamed by everyone on here when I bring a thread back from the early 1800's...lol I have done it when I first joined a couple times and quickly realised that even if you add valuable info to an older thread, it is not appreciated here.

Honestly, I would rather have all the info in one thread but I can also see the importance of stadting a new thread and see how peoples opinions have changed on certain subjects. I see it a lot on opinions about companies and parts when they were first introduced. There is hype, followed by skepticism, then, once its been on the market and perhaps proven itself, glowing reviews or the opposite, everyone claiming a product is shit. Sometimes companies take all the feedback and create a new version of the shitty product and peoples views have not changed since they are either unaware of the changes or completely unwillimg to try based on what they know or have experienced in the past. New threads help with this, because the people that didnt know about the older versions chime in and tell all about how awesome the product is...

Anyway, theres pros and cons to both threads i guess. wink

This is not to say that I dont do my research. I have read old ass threads from this very site and have learned a lot.

|

9/29/2017 11:35 AM

A 9mm..... Handgun.

|

9/29/2017 11:39 AM

A flask of whiskey, a 9mm pistol, and a 40 of colt 45 in a plain brown paper bag.

|

9/29/2017 12:15 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

A flask of whiskey, a 9mm pistol, and a 40 of colt 45 in a plain brown paper bag.

That's the kind of guy I could ride with on the regular

|

9/29/2017 12:24 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Drop on down to southern Canada (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) & lets ride!

|

9/29/2017 1:54 PM

SA519 wrote:

A 9mm..... Handgun.

Johnnyganja? Lel

|

9/29/2017 5:06 PM

SA519 wrote:

A 9mm..... Handgun.

grumpySteve wrote:

Johnnyganja? Lel

Most likely

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

9/30/2017 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2017 2:15 PM

SA519 wrote:

A 9mm..... Handgun.

grumpySteve wrote:

Johnnyganja? Lel

Ha right, wheres he hiding.... Rachet, hexes, phone, wallet, gloves, lock, water, knife, big ole doints, a chillum and a lighter. I have good little fox backpack with a bladder in it but I never use the bladder, just the pack to haul shit. I also set my brake handle to a position where a medium 7-11 slurped fits snug when riding.

|

10/2/2017 6:37 AM

big back pack whit tools camera gear

|

10/2/2017 8:30 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Drop on down to southern Canada (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) & lets ride!

Might have to do that one day , always wanted to check out 4 seasons

|