What are some good and cheap starter bmx completes?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2016 12:04 AM

I just started bmx and I have this hold bmx bike with a broken rear hub and I thought it would be better to buy a new bmx,so what's a good and cheap starter bmx brand or complete?

|

12/18/2016 1:37 AM

I'd go for a wethepeople. I've had 2 of them and both lasted ages with no problems. I know they're abit expensive but why go for cheap if it's not going to last. You might as well just spend abit and it'll last. Be patient.

|

12/18/2016 1:44 AM

It depends entirely on your budget. Mongoose have some really awesome deals, but some of the smaller components could do with an upgrade

|

12/18/2016 11:12 AM

I personally like these brands for complete bikes.

Fit
Cult
Fiend
Volume
Stranger
Sunday
Subrosa
Kink

If you're in the US you may purchase from danscomp.com and if you're international check out sourcebmx.com. Try to look for aftermarket parts and sealed bearings when picking a complete. As Jude said, the more you spend the better if you're in this for the long run. If you're just testing the waters, nearly any complete will suffice. If you only spend 200, be prepared to purchase replacement parts within the next year or two.

|

- ShredAddix.com

12/19/2016 7:49 AM

N83gr8 wrote:

I personally like these brands for complete bikes.

Fit
Cult
Fiend
Volume
Stranger
Sunday
Subrosa
Kink

If you're in the US ...more

...just to add more detail:

Things to look for in a BMX bike:
All of the skeletal structure that is going to bear weight should be full chromoly:
full frame -> front triangle(TT, DT, ST) AND seat stay and chainstay....full Chromoly
fork: both the steering tube and the legs...full Chromoly
the handle bars...full Chromoly
the crank arms and pedal axels....full Chromoly

Rims should be double walled for sure
Sealed bearings in the hubs and bottom bracket

For me, these are the MOST important things to look for to give you the best return on your investment. Every thing after this is “eye candy” to me at least.

After structure, geometry is the next most important thing.

So at any price point, the listed companies will offer about the same thing. Like, a $400 Sunday will offer about the same specs as a $400 WeThePeople etc. To get all of the things listed above, you are usually looking in the $500 and up price range.

As mentioned, for me, the skeletal structure is the most important part to go for at first. "Meh" parts can be replaced with better parts as they break...

A couple of "gems" that people here have found:

1. Colony Endeavor: has ALL of the things listed above, and better quality parts to start with.
2. Mongoose Mode900: has ALL of the things listed above with "meh" parts

I would also add Verde bikes to the list of cool completes

Spend your money wisely, and you can have a great bike to start with!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence