What are the best indoor parks? (USA)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2021 10:35 AM

What are some of the best public indoor skateparks east of the Mississippi? Rye Airfield, my local park, just closed down for good.

|

2/9/2021 10:59 AM

Daniel dhers action sports complex in North Carolina

|

2/9/2021 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2021 11:27 AM

arewolfe wrote:

What are some of the best public indoor skateparks east of the Mississippi? Rye Airfield, my local park, just closed down for good.

Rays, The Wheel Mill, Chenga 2, Breaking Free, Allegany Skatepark and Bike Shop(might be closed), Soaring Up(also might be closed)

Those are probably the closest ones that are actually worth driving to you if you're in NH.

|

2/9/2021 12:06 PM

Skaters edge in Taunton Ma is fun. It’s about two hours from Concord. They have two bowls that are a blast to ride a few mini ramps and some spines, a “street section” and an area with a resi ramp. Nowhere near as great as Rye but it works.

|

2/9/2021 1:11 PM

Rays is one of the best for sure.

|

Husky Nation Member

2/9/2021 2:18 PM

arewolfe wrote:

Wow, that is a shame.

|

2/9/2021 4:17 PM

Some of Rye's ramps are heading to Worcester MA, so that is a plus.

|

2/9/2021 7:47 PM

arewolfe wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

Wow, that is a shame.

Yup, we're hurting up here. One of the best parks in the country is gone. Lots of riders are S.O.L. in winter now. It was fun while it lasted!

Thanks for the suggestions y'all. I will look into all of these.

|

2/9/2021 7:54 PM

That’s harsh. Bummed I never went while it was open now

|

2/10/2021 6:20 AM

RIP Rye. Only made the trip twice but that place was legit. Very sad to see it officially closing.

|

2-wheels for life

2/10/2021 8:09 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

Any details on this?

|

2/10/2021 8:23 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

cky199 wrote:

Any details on this?

No, all i know is the Vert Ramp was sold to skaters in NY i think, and the Ramps were bought to be put in a park in Worcester. I dont know the details, we were mid session when my buddy pulled his phone out to show us that they were going to Worcester. He had also showed us a proposed park the week prior, so IDK if they are the same park.

Ill get more detaila this week.

|

2/11/2021 2:36 PM

This has to be one of the Coolest indoor parks ever made. The Church of Santa Barbara in Llanera, Spain

Photo

Not the best park for riding but still completely rad. Praise the board

Photo
Photo
|

2/11/2021 5:28 PM

I was never there but breaking free skatepark in Rochester looks like a lot of fun

|

2/12/2021 4:56 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Daniel dhers action sports complex in North Carolina

Resi doesnt count and this place is super small now.

|

2/12/2021 9:30 PM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

cky199 wrote:

Any details on this?

A lot of the ramps were bought by a guy opening an indoor skatepark in Worcester.

Vessel skatepark.

https://vesselskate.com/

It is a skateboard ministry........

Not really my thing.

I was riding Rye pretty much every week since they reopened. Then they just closed up. I wish I could have had one last ride. The clover bowl was always fun.

|

2/13/2021 8:06 AM

look up the nowear park in nebraska, it looks amazing

|

It’s all bmx

2/13/2021 8:39 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

cky199 wrote:

Any details on this?

BigMeanPunk wrote:

A lot of the ramps were bought by a guy opening an indoor skatepark in Worcester.

Vessel skatepark.

https://vesselskate.com/

It is a skateboard ministry........

Not really my thing.

I was riding Rye pretty much every week since they reopened. Then they just closed up. I wish I could have had one last ride. The clover bowl was always fun.

Interesting. Wonder if bikes will be allowed. God would want bikes to be allowed, right?

|

2/16/2021 6:23 AM

cky199 wrote:

Interesting. Wonder if bikes will be allowed. God would want bikes to be allowed, right?

Knowing worcester and its scene id bet on saying not. And if they are allowed it will be very unwelcoming.
.... i could be wrong but I doubt it.

|

2/16/2021 12:05 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

look up the nowear park in nebraska, it looks amazing

Killer park. Good Dudes

|

Husky Nation Member

2/16/2021 1:51 PM

ESKEW77 wrote:

Knowing worcester and its scene id bet on saying not. And if they are allowed it will be very unwelcoming.
.... i could be wrong but I doubt it.

With Covid and Winters in general, parks in the northern half of the states should look into it. Every bike night at the MN indoor parks was PACKED.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura