What are your fav BMX brands and why?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2017 3:56 PM

Thought it would be kinda a fun topic to see what brand you guys really dig and why. Saw the fav parts thread and thought this would be cool too.

FBM : Proabably my fav bmx brand. Their stuff is solid as hell and looks nice. Crandall seems like a nice guy and their vids are always entertaining. Really have nothing negative to say about this brand. Imo this is what bmx should be.

Animal: Parts are straightfoward and basic, but theyre gooooood. Never had an animal part that wasnt worth it. Plus their team is badass.

Eclat: Super fancy parts. Not really sure why I love them but I always have. Even before I got my first bike back when I still dreamed of building a bike I was always attracted to their stuff. Just super clean and nice.

Terrible One: Parts are solid and love their art. Guy who does art for them also do art for Program skates and I ride those boards too. Plus they are a texas?Austin brand and being a texas rider who frequents its nice to support local. Honeslt love them. Second only to FBM

So what about you guys?

|

4/19/2017 4:25 PM

Odyssey, Sunday, G-Sport, Profile, in no particular order - They all make great stuff that takes a lot of abuse and lasts a long time.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/19/2017 4:36 PM

Sunday and odyssey because they make sick parts and have an amazing team. Plus Sunday frames are way stiffer and way better quality than any other frame I've ever ridden.

|

4/19/2017 4:54 PM

Odyssey, because none of their parts have ever failed me. I plan on eventually making my whole bike odyssey, except the bars/grips.

Volume and S&M because IMO they make some of the best frames in the game.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

4/19/2017 6:57 PM

Wethepeople , damn Germans are amazing at everything

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/19/2017 7:57 PM

Sunday, S&M, Profile (amazing customer service and support), Odyssey, Standard (need I say any the name doesn't indicate), Primo, Shadow (on small stuff).

I have had 3 Sunday frames, my old ones are still going strong after 3 and 6 years. S&M is great and never broken anything they make. Profile makes amazing quality parts and even when I snapped a crank arm at the spindle...they replaced it free and it was 2yrs old. Odyssey because like Sunday and S&M everything is quality (I include GSport with Odyssey). Primo stands behind the product, but I don't run any Primo parts right now. Shadow for the 1/2 lonk alone is worth it. Standard, probably the best made frames in the sport. I rode a Standard race frame riding 4 pegs full street and it held up as well or better than other people I ride withs frames.

|

4/19/2017 8:11 PM

Odyssey, tree, S&M, fbm, Verde, bonedeth, profile

|

4/19/2017 8:18 PM

Animal is great.. until they start selling Freecoasters pretty soon.

|

4/19/2017 8:31 PM

Bone Deth/Metal Bikes

Its what I associate BMX with, and Sean Burns' part in Anthem 2 was what convinced me that I needed a BMX bike in my life.

Thats regardless of the fact that I was wearing tight jeans at the time and was one of those people who hated on deathcore and claimed it wasnt real metal and especially hated it when they had the audacity to label themselves as grindcore.

|

4/19/2017 8:43 PM

Mafia ,mongoose and all the walmart brands , cause they piss everybody off

|

4/19/2017 10:42 PM

Fbm, because fbm
S&m because reasons
Profile because awesome
Terrible one because deah!

I know terrible one don't make their own parts. But the other 3 on the list do. Terrible one are just entirely in it for all the right reasons, almost to the point they're more of a state of mind than a bike company.
I've never had a part fail by any of these brands. I like to support them, because they all have, literally hands on, a part in what they make. I don't get why some brands are popular, when their parts are made in the same factory as other brands.

I like knowing who welded up my parts, and that he rides, and is pretty damn good at both. And that everyone that's part of that brand rides and cares about what they do, and has a role in designing, manufacturing, test riding etc. All their parts. And it humbles me knowing I'm helping them out when I buy their stuff.

It's the same reason I try to always buy from smaller rider owned shops. They need to make a living out of it. I want to help them do that, instead of giving my money to people that don't care.

|

4/19/2017 11:15 PM

Odyssey
by sheer nature of their amazing warranty and bc I feel like I owe it to them to buy their parts since they've hooked me up with warranty parts so much

bc I like their stems and cranks, hubs not so much. made in USA and good quality machining

Deco
bc I like supporting chad Degroot and ride their forks

and of course my 2 sponsors London bikes who flow me custom bars made in Texas (rider owned) and Reklamation bikes for the best frames out that hold up to all my sketchy whoppers

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

4/19/2017 11:28 PM

Metalbmxer wrote:

Odyssey
by sheer nature of their amazing warranty and bc I feel like I owe it to them to buy their parts since they've hooked ...more

London bikes are still around? That's cool! James white recently shared a little story on Facebook (I think in one of the s&m groups?). He's just got back the first frame he ever got made that he gave to a friend, and has been sitting in his loft for the past 15 odd years

|

4/19/2017 11:55 PM

KINK
My current frame build, and, though I am seeking another frame right now, I have grown to love the geometry of my 2013 Hamlin frame in dark blue. I'll likely hang it up one day should it stay in one piece. Plus, the KINK team kills it!

Odyssey
For reasons already stated. Love my R32 fork!

Alienation
Never bent or broke an Alienation rim. Love 'em!

BSD
Super solid riders and killer bike parts with edits equally as good in my book.
|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/20/2017 12:46 AM

Metalbmxer wrote:

Odyssey
by sheer nature of their amazing warranty and bc I feel like I owe it to them to buy their parts since they've hooked ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

London bikes are still around? That's cool! James white recently shared a little story on Facebook (I think in one of the ...more

Good to hear about the story he shared I was not aware of it! Will have to check it out. And I'll have to see what the frame was he was riding!

Fascinating you know about London Bikes! Yes most don't but they were sold to Will Redd a flatlander who lives in Dallas Texas. They make wonderful custom parts using all straight tubing (no bends, so like 6 piece bars) with lots of clearance & Lifetime warranty.

Here are a set of their Queen Vic model which I ride in a 9" rise with taller cross bar (that is low!)Photo

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

4/20/2017 1:35 AM

S&M: parts feel really solid and fu bars are life
Animal: can I eat *drops mic*
Shadow Conspiracy: badass looking parts

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

4/20/2017 2:28 AM

Hmmmm also I wonder if its a good thing or bad thing that I associate Terrible One more with Michael Sieben than Joe Rich..... Guess im too much of a Sieben fanboy.

|

4/20/2017 3:21 AM

Animal bikes :
best fucking brand!
parts are strong as hell and look amazing
the crew, the videos, the attitude around the brand, edwin, cellar doors, …

S&M :
US made, strong as fuck, nice design, history, hoder, …

FBM :
see above without hoder. manly parts
fuck totalbmx or whatever

Fitbikeco :
don’t fuck with dem that much recently, but was my fucking favorite brand for a long time
Cleveland, foster, Aitken, homan, benny l, . . . damn!
the parts were/are sick, the attitude was sick too ‘back in the days’

Banned:

the riders, the parts, the edits, colt fake, the stash cap, ..
how could s/o not love them?

Bonedeth:

similar as banned, just savage bike riding and much rock’n’roll!

|

IG: @_almost_crook

4/20/2017 4:39 AM

Metalbmxer wrote:

Odyssey

grumpySteve wrote:

London bikes are still around? That's cool! James white recently shared a little story on Facebook (I think in one of the ...more

Metalbmxer wrote:

Good to hear about the story he shared I was not aware of it! Will have to check it out. And I'll have to see what the frame ...more

To be honest I forgot about them until that story popped up! The frame was the first ever made, and was slightly different to the first production model they released. I can't really remember anything else he said about it haha. It might have been on the ride on group. They done a cool interview with him too not long ago, he's still riding, and still has bags of style

|

4/20/2017 8:35 AM

Mutiny- Coolest company imo, parts are legit and not too overdone, need to remake the rune
Flybikes- Was my favorite company as a kid, my first frame was a fly mosca, cool logo simple
Profile- Only hubs I ride
Terrible One- T1!
Total- still make park/normal sized frames
Odyssey- obviously the best
Season- was local cool logo
Superstar- og
Fit- everyone loved fit back in the day

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/20/2017 1:35 PM

fbm because bmx wouldn't be what it is without fbm-theyre so embedded in the community, its rad.
mutiny-their aesthetic is rad, the team is well mixed and dialed, and their videos have always been on point
bone death because burns is the man and its awesome that there are still people who don't just ride knee high ledges

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/20/2017 6:42 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Fbm, because fbm
S&m because reasons
Profile because awesome
Terrible one because deah!

I know terrible one don't make ...more

And Failure

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/21/2017 7:58 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Mafia ,mongoose and all the walmart brands , cause they piss everybody off

Lol

|

4/22/2017 1:26 AM

United because Nathan Williams and Alex Valentino.
Madera because Mike Henkins.
Fly because Ruben (:

|

4/22/2017 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2017 12:46 PM

chiefndaily wrote:

United because Nathan Williams and Alex Valentino.
Madera because Mike Henkins.
Fly because Ruben (:

i have a united 2009 su3 complete bike, and you cant destroy it. everything but wheels were replaced ever since because they broke, but everything else is holding up. and i literally rode this for at least 6 years in the past 8 years.

what do people think about cult? i like their crew except ricany, and they seem to do alot for bmx - at least in LA
i think about buying the AK frame, cause i like the design (and its pink *:*) and geo and its not that expensive...

|

4/22/2017 12:51 PM

ropez wrote:

i have a united 2009 su3 complete bike, and you cant destroy it. everything but wheels were replaced ever since because they ...more

Cult are really good, I've had a couple of frames and they were real nice. And a pair of hawk bars that were awesome. And the hawk cranks look very interesting. Trey Jones, chase dehart and chase hawk are badasses. As a brand they don't really appeal to me though. Probably because I'm old

|

4/22/2017 1:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Cult are really good, I've had a couple of frames and they were real nice. And a pair of hawk bars that were awesome. And the ...more

well i am almost 33 and i kinda like them. bought a AK bar already, seems ok, havent rode it much. after my wedding in june i will save money to get a new bike. but im getting off topic

|

4/22/2017 1:40 PM

Odyssey, sunday awesome parts awesome riders (i really like all designs on sunday frames) wtp, volume, demolition cause of Denis and probably nobody gona say this but salt you can say its wack but them hubs can get bombed and still work just fine and its cost nothing

|

6/15/2017 8:29 AM

My favorite bmx brand is stranger shadow Sunday odyssey cult bsd stolen federal.

|