What bars for my front load bike

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2017 9:03 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric%20Files/Tutorial%20Files/VCarve%20Pro%20V8.0/Index.html

9/9/2017 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2017 9:09 AM

My bike is front load and my current rise is 7. Something, I'm somewhat tall and not very heavy. have somewhat long cranks and have a stolen theme going on, so i would like stolen bars.anything else I should mention?

|

file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric%20Files/Tutorial%20Files/VCarve%20Pro%20V8.0/Index.html

9/9/2017 9:17 AM

I would go with 9" and up I currently have 9.25 solar bars by Sunday with a top load stem and could go bigger if wanted to. I'm like 6.1

|

9/9/2017 9:20 AM

Why did you post 3 pictures if you want the stolen bars? What's the question? I'm confused here. I personally really like the look of the v crossbar on those dk bars. I wish more companies made bars like that. Get those. Or get the bars that you actually want. Don't matter to me what you ride.

|

9/9/2017 10:26 AM

It depends how much extra rise you want. It's all personal preference. That guy above could go higher, but I'm 6' with 9" bars and a front load and will be going a touch lower soon. I'd say get 9", you'll notice a big difference, but if you want to go higher you can flip your stem. But, if you buy bars that feel too big, you can't make them lower.

|

9/10/2017 3:37 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It depends how much extra rise you want. It's all personal preference. That guy above could go higher, but I'm 6' with 9" bars and a front load and will be going a touch lower soon. I'd say get 9", you'll notice a big difference, but if you want to go higher you can flip your stem. But, if you buy bars that feel too big, you can't make them lower.

Yes, you can? Isn't it possible to flip a topload stem? So long as you run a decent amount of spacers on your steertube.

|

9/10/2017 10:20 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

MUDDYCCTV wrote:

Yes, you can? Isn't it possible to flip a topload stem? So long as you run a decent amount of spacers on your steertube.

He has a frontload. If he flips it he'll have more rise. But if the bars are too big he can't flip a frontload to make it lower. He can remove a spacer or 2 if needed. But it's easier to make bars higher than lower. If it's still too low with a flipped frontload he can buy a higher rise topload. Better than buying 10" bars then finding out he prefers them a fair bit lower. Especially as he's going from 7.something rise. Even 8's will feel big in comparison

|

9/10/2017 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2017 10:55 AM

I use brakes and I want to use long grips, so that leans me towards dk, and I can get them in copper to go with my bike colors

|

9/10/2017 10:50 PM

You'll fit long grips and a brake lever on any bars if you leave them uncut

|

9/11/2017 12:14 AM

MistShady wrote:

I use brakes and I want to use long grips, so that leans me towards dk, and I can get them in copper to go with my bike colors

What grips would these be?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/11/2017 4:35 AM

Even if you cut your bars you can fit some long grips and brake lever. Bars are really wide nowadays. They are all between 28"-30", that's plenty of room.

|

9/11/2017 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2017 11:10 PM

You can make a bar lower. Dont forget you can run spacers ABOVE the stem as well to find your sweet spot. Id say run it temporarily and add one spacer at a time if your bars dont feel like they have the reach you want from them.

People will talk shit but who cares if your end goal is to find what feels right to YOU.

You can then cut the steerer if you have fallen in love with a shorter height. Be warned though, I have seen many bike with cut steerer tubes...really limiting. It looks cleaner and is technically more solid (not accounting taller flexier bars) but it limits your options in the future and if you ever get a frame with a taller headtube you can cause some pretty serious complications as well.

|

9/12/2017 8:12 AM

Photo

|

9/12/2017 9:01 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Why did you post 3 pictures if you want the stolen bars? What's the question? I'm confused here. I personally really like the look of the v crossbar on those dk bars. I wish more companies made bars like that. Get those. Or get the bars that you actually want. Don't matter to me what you ride.

I was thinking the same thing about those V crossbars...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/23/2017 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2017 2:33 PM

I ordered dk's chamberlin bars In copper on sale.

|