What brakes can be run with 2.35 tires

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2016 7:16 AM

I run my backend as short as possible and started having my brake arms rub when I changed my 2.2 tire to a 2.35. I was using some old dia compe brakes. Anyone have info on What brakes are compatible with large rear tires?

|

9/9/2016 7:25 AM

I've never really looked into it. But couldn't you add a spacer to the post between the pad and brake arm? So the arms would be further away from the tyre but the pad would be the same distance

|

9/9/2016 10:26 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've never really looked into it. But couldn't you add a spacer to the post between the pad and brake arm? So the arms would be further away from the tyre but the pad would be the same distance

Yup. Back when I ran a 2.35" tire, I did exactly this. Running an Odyssey EVO II setup, but it worked perfectly.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/9/2016 5:40 PM

Yeah? I don't really know stuff about brakes but I'm guessing if Evos have done the trick before they'll do it again. At this point a spacer wouldn't help cuz part of the arm runs in any position. Like even if the brake isn't squeezed the top part of the arm is still rubbing. that's why I figure it must be the kind of brakes im using. Tx for the input guys.

|

9/9/2016 7:07 PM

run a longer back end

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA