What could it be..

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2018 7:52 PM

Current project im working on. Whats your guesses to what im building?

Photo

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/10/2018 8:19 PM

A bike.

|

2/10/2018 8:27 PM

jbales wrote:

A bike.

Good deduction. notice anything off about the wheel.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/10/2018 8:35 PM

You creating a coaster brake bike?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/10/2018 8:58 PM

a giant boat made entirely out of small orphans?


wait


modifying the coaster brake hub to be a free coaster?

|

2/10/2018 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2018 9:01 PM

readybmxer wrote:

You creating a coaster brake bike?

Photo

Photo

3spd Coaster brake bmx bike. kinda just doing this to skid and use my spare parts in a cool manor.
|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/10/2018 10:26 PM

Post pics when it's done for sure or video

|

2/11/2018 6:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 6:56 AM

Put a 25 on the front and do mad wheelies. You're gonna need about 55 - 60 to make it feel normal, lol.

|

2/11/2018 5:50 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Post pics when it's done for sure or video

Will do!

@jbales- Its getting a 28tooth Fit key guard put on i. its a 19 tooth cog in the rear so normally the front would be a 44-46 for adult bikes

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/11/2018 7:44 PM

That things gonna be bonkers, an internally geared hub on a 20”??? i’m looking forward to this

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

2/11/2018 8:12 PM

Photo

Here's how it looks so far, Waiting on my new forks for my regular bmx bike so i can put the old ones on here. i have a Eclat front load and another kink rim waiting to be laced to whatever hub i find. not sure on bar, or seat yet.
|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/11/2018 8:14 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: Photo

Here's how it looks so far, Waiting on my new forks for my regular bmx bike so i can put the old ones on here. i have a Eclat front load and another kink rim waiting to be laced to whatever hub i find. not sure on bar, or seat yet.

I dont understand how it would shift...?

|

2/11/2018 8:23 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont understand how it would shift...?

The hub has a resistance system built into it. i don't have the shifter hooked up yet but theres a pin that goes in the axle and the cable will run up to a thumb shifter on the bar.

Photo

Photo



|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/12/2018 1:48 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: Photo

Here's how it looks so far, Waiting on my new forks for my regular bmx bike so i can put the old ones on here. i have a Eclat front load and another kink rim waiting to be laced to whatever hub i find. not sure on bar, or seat yet.

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont understand how it would shift...?

Brokenbmx wrote:

The hub has a resistance system built into it. i don't have the shifter hooked up yet but theres a pin that goes in the axle and the cable will run up to a thumb shifter on the bar.

Photo

Photo



Thats an interesting setup! Cool deal, thank you for takimg the time to explain the system.

|

2/12/2018 6:46 PM

How much does a hub like that cost?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/12/2018 8:07 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

How much does a hub like that cost?

Around $80, give or take

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

2/13/2018 8:02 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

How much does a hub like that cost?

About $80, but i work for a bike manufacturer and got it for free off a demo.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/13/2018 9:04 AM

This is...incredibly cool. In for updates!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/13/2018 8:20 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

This is...incredibly cool. In for updates!

Should be near completion this weekend. trying to locate a front hub still.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/14/2018 2:39 AM

Brokenbmx wrote: Photo

Here's how it looks so far, Waiting on my new forks for my regular bmx bike so i can put the old ones on here. i have a Eclat front load and another kink rim waiting to be laced to whatever hub i find. not sure on bar, or seat yet.

Sooo if your ever parting ways with that there hardway umm you should let me know.

|

2/14/2018 5:58 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Sooo if your ever parting ways with that there hardway umm you should let me know.

I don't feel comfortable selling this hardway because of how mangled the right side chainstay is so thats why it ended up being built up like this.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/14/2018 6:10 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: Photo

Here's how it looks so far, Waiting on my new forks for my regular bmx bike so i can put the old ones on here. i have a Eclat front load and another kink rim waiting to be laced to whatever hub i find. not sure on bar, or seat yet.

blizzbikes wrote:

Sooo if your ever parting ways with that there hardway umm you should let me know.

Brokenbmx wrote:

I don't feel comfortable selling this hardway because of how mangled the right side chainstay is so thats why it ended up being built up like this.

Completely understandable. The v1 hardway was the frame I have been after for a while.

|

2/15/2018 12:50 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Completely understandable. The v1 hardway was the frame I have been after for a while.

I loved my v1 but she was getting to trashed for me to feel comfortable riding it anymore. i've been working on a couple video parts and progressing alot.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/7/2018 7:33 PM

Update coming tomorrow, left my camera at work and have to go in to make the brake bracket.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/7/2018 7:50 PM

Man thats a sick project right there! Especially a “fun bike” project where you know what youre doing.

How wide is the hub?
If its wider than 110, did you have to stretch the rear triangle?

|

3/7/2018 8:37 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Man thats a sick project right there! Especially a “fun bike” project where you know what youre doing.

How wide is the hub?
If its wider than 110, did you have to stretch the rear triangle?

i believe the hub is 127 but i didn't have to stretch the rear triangle to fit it. might have to be the fact i ran this frame with dual guards and its pretty beat up. I had to go cheaper on certain parts that i had to actually buy but im still happy with it. Depending on how much i use it or how fun it is will depend if i sink more money into it .

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/7/2018 10:05 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Man thats a sick project right there! Especially a “fun bike” project where you know what youre doing.

How wide is the hub?
If its wider than 110, did you have to stretch the rear triangle?

Brokenbmx wrote:

i believe the hub is 127 but i didn't have to stretch the rear triangle to fit it. might have to be the fact i ran this frame with dual guards and its pretty beat up. I had to go cheaper on certain parts that i had to actually buy but im still happy with it. Depending on how much i use it or how fun it is will depend if i sink more money into it .

Ah I see. Im usually afraid of widening my rear with hubguards so I usually try to make it flush by removing and adding bolts/spacers.

I’ve had this idea of a 20” dirt/racing BMX frame with a rear disc brake, however single speed hubs disc-brake hubs are for dirt-jump bikes and have MTB spacing. I know its not as simple as getting disc mounts welded onto the left seatstay, since if I had them welded on and then forcefully stretch the rear to accomodate a 135mm hub, the brake mounts would be bent at such an angle that the disc would constantly be rubbing on the pads. The only feasible way to do that is to have a custom frame made with those specs in the rear, but thats a bit too much time and money to be spent on a tester project.

Although lol now that I put it out in words, I might try and get disc mounts welded onto a fork and build a front 20” wheel with a front disc hub (more or less the same width) and see how that goes.

|

3/8/2018 1:28 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Man thats a sick project right there! Especially a “fun bike” project where you know what youre doing.

How wide is the hub?
If its wider than 110, did you have to stretch the rear triangle?

Brokenbmx wrote:

i believe the hub is 127 but i didn't have to stretch the rear triangle to fit it. might have to be the fact i ran this frame with dual guards and its pretty beat up. I had to go cheaper on certain parts that i had to actually buy but im still happy with it. Depending on how much i use it or how fun it is will depend if i sink more money into it .

thairishguy wrote:

Ah I see. Im usually afraid of widening my rear with hubguards so I usually try to make it flush by removing and adding bolts/spacers.

I’ve had this idea of a 20” dirt/racing BMX frame with a rear disc brake, however single speed hubs disc-brake hubs are for dirt-jump bikes and have MTB spacing. I know its not as simple as getting disc mounts welded onto the left seatstay, since if I had them welded on and then forcefully stretch the rear to accomodate a 135mm hub, the brake mounts would be bent at such an angle that the disc would constantly be rubbing on the pads. The only feasible way to do that is to have a custom frame made with those specs in the rear, but thats a bit too much time and money to be spent on a tester project.

Although lol now that I put it out in words, I might try and get disc mounts welded onto a fork and build a front 20” wheel with a front disc hub (more or less the same width) and see how that goes.

I wish i had the pictures easily accessible but a local trail dude bough a brakeless T1 barcode and welded a Disc brake mount onto the frame. he used a 135mm road disc and a profile hub. i just help'd my room mate lace up a 20" disc brake front wheel for his Cargo bike( Crust Fork, look into them if you haven't seen them. Crust is owned by a bmx dude.) if he wasn't using the photos for a blog site id share them with you.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/8/2018 5:59 PM

Well here it is....
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/8/2018 8:24 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I wish i had the pictures easily accessible but a local trail dude bough a brakeless T1 barcode and welded a Disc brake mount onto the frame. he used a 135mm road disc and a profile hub. i just help'd my room mate lace up a 20" disc brake front wheel for his Cargo bike( Crust Fork, look into them if you haven't seen them. Crust is owned by a bmx dude.) if he wasn't using the photos for a blog site id share them with you.

Hmmmm If I were to guess I think hes using a TRP Spyre set up with a profile elite. From experience road/cyclocross disc brakes have a shorter pull than mtb disc brakes, which makes them more ideal to use with a BMX brake lever. That would probably be my set up also if I weld the disc brake mounts to my fork.

|