What direction do you guys see BMX going?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2013 4:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2013 4:03 AM

In the sense of how standard headsets, those old stems that had no fork clamps, one piece cranks, and unsealed bearings left. What do you guys see moving out of or into BMX in the next generation of shit? I myself was trying to think of things.

I can see investment casting being a big thing. Not really sure what else though. Maybe a new method of seats. Like maybe using just flat seats. Then screwing them in and it having a wedge you can just tilt to your preferred angle and tighten.

Idk, I'm really strikin blank here. It's really hard to imagine when it's in a sense predicting the future. But that being said I'm also not that knowledgeable with what's going on with bikes anymore.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/10/2013 4:11 AM

What I can see for sure is a bunch of LHD/RHD reversible hubs, maybe fatter tires, seeing we went from 1.90 to a standard of 2.25.
Maybe a comeback of metal pedals?
New types of headsets, maybe BMX will be switching to internals.
As for seats, after Internbike it seemed like tripod seats were the biggest thing ever but it seems like the trend just died out.
Another thing maybe more 24 mm cranks and maybe wheels with less spokes, who know 28H may become the new standard if new materials will be introduced.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/10/2013 4:30 AM

andyferly wrote:

What I can see for sure is a bunch of LHD/RHD reversible hubs, maybe fatter tires, seeing we went from 1.90 to a standard of 2.25.
Maybe a comeback of metal pedals?
New types of headsets, maybe BMX will be switching to internals.
As for seats, after Internbike it seemed like tripod seats were the biggest thing ever but it seems like the trend just died out.
Another thing maybe more 24 mm cranks and maybe wheels with less spokes, who know 28H may become the new standard if new materials will be introduced.

This, all of these are all highly possible. Honestly these are the things I see have the most chance, and can't think of anything else. I do see for sure LHD/RHD becoming the standard. It would save just sooooo much hassle for riders, and companies. And the investment casting for sure.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/10/2013 4:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2013 4:43 AM

i see bmx is going in a good direction great community great riders everythings going good

|

4/10/2013 4:40 AM

Ceramic bearings will become more known

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

4/10/2013 4:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2013 4:54 AM

Sharpy wrote:

Ceramic bearings will become more known

I always wished that but I don't think they'll ever really go down in price. They've been around in skating for a while and nothings changed. Hopefully though!

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/10/2013 5:06 AM

what about ti? coz its expensive as fuck coz it all got used up pretty much, so you think its gunna drry up completely from bmx due to price?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/10/2013 5:14 AM

Bearings are bearings dosent make a difference

|

4/10/2013 5:16 AM

more freecoasters and 4 pegs , and i bet brakes will have a phase again

|

4/10/2013 5:39 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

Maybe, I'm seeing many more 4 peg/ 3 peg riders now days.
As for freecoasters, it maybe.
The thing is that it's not only a different system but it's also a different feel and type of riding.
Maybe they are going to redesign cassette hubs, or they will improve freecoaster/cassette hubs to be more common within riders.
Another thing that I noticed is people now days are getting always bigger sprockets, seems like it's becoming a thing.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/10/2013 5:44 AM

Needle bearings in headsets and BB...
Needle bearings everywhere... :D

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

4/10/2013 5:56 AM

andyferly wrote:

Maybe, I'm seeing many more 4 peg/ 3 peg riders now days.
As for freecoasters, it maybe.
The thing is that it's not only a different system but it's also a different feel and type of riding.
Maybe they are going to redesign cassette hubs, or they will improve freecoaster/cassette hubs to be more common within riders.
Another thing that I noticed is people now days are getting always bigger sprockets, seems like it's becoming a thing.

yeah when i started riding it was 25 t everywhere but now i see 28t as the standard

|

4/10/2013 6:08 AM

I've noticed a lot of the following:
-Brakes are more common
-28t Sprockets
-Ridiculously large bars.
-Really large tires.
-4pc bars seem to be getting more popular.
-Trans colors.
-Topload stems.
-Seats seem to be getting raised a bit.
-Colored wall tires.

I personally still have everything the way it was a few years ago, brakeless, slammed seat, decent sized bars, FL stem etc.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/10/2013 6:10 AM

I see really nice completes for a very affordable price. Also I see investment casting moving to US turf and maybe even everyone starting to use platinum OX tubing to keep cost down from heat treatment. Also I see frame no longer having Tt gussets since a lot of frames don't have then any more. More frames will have wifi geo to them and will eventually have like 9.5-10 in stand over as a standard. I feel the big bar thing is leveling or fading.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/10/2013 6:19 AM

More bushing pedals like the Animal BPE.
Definitely invest cast.
Tripods. Tripods everywhere. Andy, the 'trend' hasn't even begun yet.
Coated pegs like the Eclat Nathan Williams pegs.

|

4/10/2013 6:33 AM

Freecoasters are for sure making a comeback. Everyone is fucking making one. Even Demo and Cult released a picture of proto coasters.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/10/2013 6:35 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Freecoasters are for sure making a comeback. Everyone is fucking making one. Even Demo and Cult released a picture of proto coasters.

wheres g sport when i need em

|

4/10/2013 6:36 AM

I really hope brakes don't make a come back.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/10/2013 6:37 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Oh, forgot to wright that. I wouldn't be surprised if G-Sport does start a coaster in a few years. It really depends if the freecoaster makes a huge comeback, and honestly, I think it will.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/10/2013 6:38 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Oh, forgot to wright that. I wouldn't be surprised if G-Sport does start a coaster in a few years. It really depends if the freecoaster makes a huge comeback, and honestly, I think it will.

i was trying to find a 36 hole 9t odyssey coaster (even though people said they didnt last too long) but i couldnt find one

|

4/10/2013 6:39 AM

future FBM wrote:

I see really nice completes for a very affordable price. Also I see investment casting moving to US turf and maybe even everyone starting to use platinum OX tubing to keep cost down from heat treatment. Also I see frame no longer having Tt gussets since a lot of frames don't have then any more. More frames will have wifi geo to them and will eventually have like 9.5-10 in stand over as a standard. I feel the big bar thing is leveling or fading.

Yeah, I for sure seeing a majority of frames on the market having really techy geo.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/10/2013 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2013 6:41 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

i was trying to find a 36 hole 9t odyssey coaster (even though people said they didnt last too long) but i couldnt find one

The Odyssey Reloader?

Edit: Never mind, its 48h.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/10/2013 7:07 AM

Scooters. Everyones gunna be scootin.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

4/10/2013 7:08 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

The Odyssey Reloader?

Edit: Never mind, its 48h.

yeah the reloader

|

4/10/2013 7:17 AM

im going to 4 pegs, a coaster and brakes... :D

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/10/2013 7:20 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTUUUUUUUURRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE

|

4/10/2013 7:22 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

YES. did you read the deal im getting for my profile?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

4/10/2013 7:26 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

the khe hub ?

|

4/10/2013 7:28 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

the khe hub ?

getting the khe wheel, and a mint condish ratchet... :D that way, i can ride a coaster or a cassette depending on what im trying to do

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/10/2013 7:36 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

getting the khe wheel, and a mint condish ratchet... :D that way, i can ride a coaster or a cassette depending on what im trying to do

oh your getting both ??? how is that possible

|