What do you call these tricks?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2017 4:06 PM

In this world of insane progression, some tricks are surpassing the realms of understanding and naming. These two stick out to me. I've heard them called numerous things, but can't quite decide which names makes the most sense.

What are your thoughts?

|

1/8/2017 4:10 PM

That first one dawid Godziek was already landed by Nicholi rogatkin and called the twister

|

1/8/2017 4:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

That first one dawid Godziek was already landed by Nicholi rogatkin and called the twister

Yeah, someone said that (I didn't claim they were brand new - regardless of whether they are or not).

I watched one clip of Nicholi doing a "Twister" and thought this looked a bit different. I could definitely be wrong though.

If that's what it is, what exactly is a "Twister?" Is is a corked 1080?

|

1/8/2017 4:16 PM

Looks like a cash roll type spin with an extra 360 , even dawids calling it a twister on his instagram

|

1/8/2017 8:46 PM

Rwilly just called them 720 or 1080 frontflips when he did them, but I guess we call them Twisters now

|

1/8/2017 9:31 PM

Try naming flatland tricks lol

|

It’s all bmx

1/9/2017 6:11 AM

I see that a lot at parks/trails...but the landing is usually way different and I hear the kids calling it "Oh shit...."

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

1/9/2017 10:58 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Try naming flatland tricks lol

This.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/9/2017 11:43 AM

Hideous?

|

1/9/2017 12:23 PM

Fairy spins?

|

1/9/2017 2:34 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Hideous?

...this, sort of. It really does look to me like they are just throwing and hoping. Not that I could ever do it so in a way I should STFU, but it still looks like throwing and hoping....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

1/9/2017 2:43 PM

Both these tricks are cashrolls with an extra 360 added by Godziek/Rogatkin or an extra 720 added by Williams. Since a cashroll is a 360 frontflip, then these tricks are 720 frontflip and 1080 frontflips, respectively.

However, Rogatkin and Godziek don't always get fully inverted. Kind of similar when others don't get fully inverted when doing a 360 backflip turning their trick into an off-axis 720. Applying the same logic effectively makes Rogatkin's and Godziek's tricks off-axis 1080s. That's why they've probably called it the Twister as it lies between an off-axis 1080 and a textbook 720 frontflip, depending on jump and execution.

|

1/9/2017 2:45 PM

djfivejames wrote:

Fairy spins?

Haha, genius!

|

1/9/2017 10:03 PM

djfivejames wrote:

Fairy spins?

I like it.

|

1/9/2017 10:37 PM

Second dude was goofy-footed too. fuuuuuu

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/10/2017 1:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2017 1:50 AM

BMX is retarded when it comes to trick names. This is one area where we could learn from skate/snowboard.

Example: Regular and opposite is retarded, should just be called backside and frontside. Especially since most people can't get switch and opposite right it's gonna start getting really confusing very soon when people actually start doing more switch(foot) tricks. What is opposite when your feets are in the switch position? To use the trick name opposite you have to know which way the rider normally spins, the "normal way" when riding switch differs from person to person...

Either way non of these tricks above need names, they are corked spins. It's not like every new spin needs a specific name. Again look at snowboard, they do new corked spin variations all the time and they don't need new names for everyone of them. smile

|

BMX Product designer

1/10/2017 4:13 AM

fortytwobmx wrote:

BMX is retarded when it comes to trick names. This is one area where we could learn from skate/snowboard.

Example: Regular ...more

You can't be backside or frontside on a bike, because you don't have your front or back to it. But you do have a natural and unnatural side that you'd spin or grind. So your natural side is regular, and your unnatural side is opposite. I agree with the whole switch foot thing though. Unnatural foot forward is switch. Grinding opposite is grinding opposite, not switch. Also the whole goofy footed thing doesn't make sense. Goofy means right foot forward, not having your front foot different to the direction you spin.
I also get really bugged when people say cab when they do a half cab. Or call it a cab when they pivot on their back wheel the first 180 degrees. A cab is a fakie 360, not pivoting about on your back wheel.

|

1/10/2017 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2017 10:52 PM

Didn't Ryan or someone else say it was a "Silly Willy" for the Nitro Circus one?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/11/2017 7:15 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Didn't Ryan or someone else say it was a "Silly Willy" for the Nitro Circus one?

Maybe... but I refuse to call any BMX trick a "Silly Willy" - even if the inverter calls it that.

|

1/11/2017 10:13 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Yeah, someone said that (I didn't claim they were brand new - regardless of whether they are or not).

I watched one clip of ...more

Thats defiently a twister
|

1/11/2017 10:53 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Maybe... but I refuse to call any BMX trick a "Silly Willy" - even if the inverter calls it that.

Haha, yeah.

|

@scootereyn

1/12/2017 11:07 AM

readybmxer wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

Dude does some crazy shit , but calling a trick name that makes him sound like he's got the maturity of a 5 year old

|

1/12/2017 9:39 PM

haha yup

|

1/12/2017 11:03 PM

Well, I haven't confirmed it, only HEARD it from somewhere, if I'm not mistaken. It could have a completely different name.

|

@scootereyn

1/23/2017 1:12 PM

I would like to help on that :

@readybmxer : A "Silly Willy" is the name given to Ryan Williams's Double frontflip 360 in scooter, it's not related to the tricks in this video.

These tricks are difficult to understand because some people called them "cork" and others "flip".

- The first trick, called "Twister", is a front cork 1080 (called by R Willy 720 frontflip because he cork his trick less than Rogatkin or Godziek). This is basically a 360 to cashroll..

- The second trick, landed by Ryan Williams at Nitro World Games, has one more spin than the Twister, so it's a front cork 1440 (called by R Willy 1080 frontflip). More simply it's a 720 to cashroll.

To simplify (without all the complicated terms of ski/snowboard) :
Backflip 360 ~= Cork 720
Backflip 720 ~= Cork 1080
Frontfip 360 ~= Front cork 720 (because the trick is sent forward) = "Cashroll"
Frontflip 720 ~= Front cork 1080 = "Twister"
Frontflip 1080 ~= Front cork 1440
Cork 360 ~= "Flatspin" in MTB

Hope I could help

|