What do you do when you can’t ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2018 10:10 AM

So I haven’t had a proper session in a while now because of the weather so I’ve been messing around inside. Got the idea of doing track stands from a lot of mtb vids and have been doing a lot of lazy flips (crankflips without the hops). It’s really the most I can do inside. Do you guys mess around inside? Just looking for new ideas because it’s starting to get boring. Hoping I can go to rampworx this week.

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/3/2018 10:12 AM

I masturbate furiously

|

2/3/2018 10:32 AM

i was gonna say beat my meat but steve beat me to it...

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

2/3/2018 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2018 10:39 AM

I play Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX 2 or go on YouTube and binge watch compilations. Sometimes I'll lay on my back with my bike in the air and practice doing tricks upside down, that's how I got turndowns.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

2/3/2018 10:38 AM

I just like to eat, look on Vital, watch YouTube and the TV, do stuff around the house, and look at my bike wishing I could ride...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/3/2018 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2018 12:07 PM

You have the entire internet at your disposal, why not try to learn something? When I was 10, I started teaching myself programming languages, initially BASIC, C++ and HTML. When I was 15, I started teaching myself the basics of electronics, largely through attempting to build things but some of it from looking up how things work and how they usually fail. 7 years later, I only have a basic qualification in electronics but I know my shit so well that I quite often have engineers with masters degrees come to me with questions and ideas. In my job, I'm working on hundreds of thousands of euros worth of equipment alongside people who have degrees coming out of their arses and yet, I'm trusted to do just as well as or better than them.

When I was 16, I taught myself wheelbuilding. My builds have one hell of a reputation locally because I do them right and I know more about the subject than most. 3 years ago, I built a set for a friend who was going through a wheelset every 6 months before I built them for him. Since then, he still hasn't snapped a spoke and they're as true and perfectly tensioned as the day I gave them to him, despite his best efforts.

When I was 17, I started teaching myself metalwork(welding, machining, the likes) and since then my knowledge of the subject and the equipment I own or have access to have grown exponentially and I couldn't count the number of times it's come in useful.

I'm injured at the moment, badly enough that I can't ride for the next year so I'm teaching myself the basics of good photography. I've always had an interest in it but never the time, the money or the bother to get into it.

I'd say to just pick something you're interested in and try to teach it to yourself. You never know where you'll end up in 10 years that something like that could become useful...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/3/2018 12:01 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I masturbate furiously

This.

|

2/3/2018 1:09 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I masturbate furiously

Sheldon. wrote:

This.

x2

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/3/2018 2:23 PM

Im building a mini quarter in my lounge lol. Just to mess about on. Single life can be good.

|

2/3/2018 2:33 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

You have the entire internet at your disposal, why not try to learn something? When I was 10, I started teaching myself ...more

As someone who struggles with procrastination I need to ask you how do you manage to do all that stuff?! laughing

|

2/3/2018 2:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2018 2:38 PM

I like to work on my bike and make sure everything is as it should be. Occasionally ill play some games, mostly watch youtube and internet browse if the weather is bad.

|

2/3/2018 2:40 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

As someone who struggles with procrastination I need to ask you how do you manage to do all that stuff?! laughing

That is my version of procrastination. tongue It's what I do when I'm bored or I'm putting something off.

If I see something I don't understand or want to learn more about, there's nothing that'll stop me from figuring it out. I'm never really bored because I'm always trying to learn something new and looking for new things to learn.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/3/2018 3:34 PM

Nursing school takes a lot of my time now. But I do play a mean violin so that's pretty fun.

|

2/3/2018 3:52 PM

Cry

|

Hmmm

2/3/2018 5:34 PM

fire off some knuckle children, fuck with people on my troll Instagram account, edit video

lately I've been fuckin with a photo editor (if you know what Lightroom is, it's similar to that. It's called Darktable and is pretty similar so I've been teaching myself to use that. Basically it allows you to correct/spruce up photos and make things look better so I've been trying it out on some of the photos of abandoned places I've been to

|

2/3/2018 5:34 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

I play Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX 2 or go on YouTube and binge watch compilations. Sometimes I'll lay on my back with my bike ...more

I don’t have an older console so never played Dave Mirra games or matt Hoffman ones. Still waiting for BMX streets to come out on Xbox!

|

2/3/2018 5:40 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

You have the entire internet at your disposal, why not try to learn something? When I was 10, I started teaching myself ...more

Man I’m doing basic electrical circuits at school and have no idea what’s going on haha. I’m generally good at physics but i can never understand which way current flows! I already spend a lot of my time just learning about how cars work and the science behind it but as for learning something new, it’s not something that I can do at home or will really benefit me but I really wanna learn how to ice skate and go on to try some ice hockey. I already play field hockey so I feel I got that part down but skating seems like the hard part.

|

2/3/2018 5:41 PM

C win wrote:

Im building a mini quarter in my lounge lol. Just to mess about on. Single life can be good.

How big is your lounge!?shocked

|

2/3/2018 5:43 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Nursing school takes a lot of my time now. But I do play a mean violin so that's pretty fun.

Nice man. I used to play it too but I sucked at it haha. Eventually gave it up cos I wasn’t really enjoying it.

|

2/3/2018 5:46 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

fire off some knuckle children, fuck with people on my troll Instagram account, edit video

lately I've been fuckin with a ...more

Abandoned places? Sounds awesome dude.

|

2/3/2018 5:49 PM

Pentruple posts! Nice

|

Hmmm

2/3/2018 5:50 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I like to work on my bike and make sure everything is as it should be. Occasionally ill play some games, mostly watch youtube ...more

Sounds pretty much like my life rn. Getting so bored of making my bike run good but not being able to run it at all. Weather is bad most days here so most of the time when I’m not messing on the bike inside I’m playing NHL 18 or watching Scotty Cranmer and Spencer Foresman vids.

|

2/3/2018 5:53 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

yeah it's fun, I can't really explain how or why but the feeling of walking up to a big abandoned place like an asylum is just awesome. like a cut scene from a video game when you walk up to a big important place haha. and getting in there and exploring, finding stuff (especially when everything was left behind) it's definitely a fun experience

|

2/3/2018 5:53 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Pentruple posts! Nice

Was just about to get to you don’t worry wink

|

2/3/2018 5:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Ved_goswami wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah it's fun, I can't really explain how or why but the feeling of walking up to a big abandoned place like an asylum is just ...more

Surely you don’t go alone. Would be creepy af

|

2/3/2018 5:55 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

That is my version of procrastination. tongue It's what I do when I'm bored or I'm putting something off.

If I see something I ...more

I just learned to basically rebuild my car motor in the past month. Just started going over things I thought the car might need next thing I know it's stripped down to the block haha

|

2/3/2018 5:56 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I like to work on my bike and make sure everything is as it should be. Occasionally ill play some games, mostly watch youtube ...more

Ved_goswami wrote:

Sounds pretty much like my life rn. Getting so bored of making my bike run good but not being able to run it at all. Weather ...more

Sucks you can only watch their vids for 20 minutes haha

|

2/3/2018 5:57 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

Man I’m doing basic electrical circuits at school and have no idea what’s going on haha. I’m generally good at physics but i ...more

I'm not just saying to learn that one thing, that's just what I've taught myself and the way I've gone about it. I've always had an interest in those kinds of subjects and as I learned more in each of them, I also developed a better understanding of the others. By the way, conventional current goes from positive to negative but electrons actually go from the negative to positive, as confusing as that may seem. It's just because Benjamin Franklin had a 50/50 chance of getting it right and he got it wrong but by the time people figured it out, it was too expensive to change the literature. So nowadays, conventional current is said to go from positive to negative but electron flow goes from negative to positive. Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd! tongue

If you can't ride at the moment, pick the first thing you can think of that interests you and go for it! When you get into the habit of always learning and doing things in your spare time, it becomes a very hard habit to get rid of and you start to realise just how much time you used to waste by sitting around.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/3/2018 5:59 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I've been messing around with Darktable for years! Such a nice piece of software! Another very good one is RawTherapee.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/3/2018 6:02 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

I just learned to basically rebuild my car motor in the past month. Just started going over things I thought the car might ...more

Been there, done that! Just make sure you don't get distracted by something else and put rebuilding it off for 5 months! laughing

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson