What do you do when you're hurt?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2017 7:24 PM

I have a new injury, I have had many and Im sure you all have as well.

What do you do to keep busy/entertained when youre not able to walk around or move much?

The internet is an easy one for entertainment but Im wondering if anyone does anything special that I havent even considered.Photo

|

9/8/2017 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2017 8:25 PM

Watch bone deth videos and self medicate... Hope you feel better soon bro.

|

9/8/2017 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2017 8:28 PM

Yeah being injured sucks... I broke my collar bone last summer and I was out for 12 weeks... mostly I just slept, played some video games, watched YouTube, and looked at bike stuff.... Hope you get better soon...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/8/2017 8:42 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Watch bone deth videos and self medicate... Hope you feel better soon bro.

Lol, thank you man! Gonna be torture when this retro build im doing is complete...im not gonna be able to ride it probably.

|

9/8/2017 8:44 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah being injured sucks... I broke my collar bone last summer and I was out for 12 weeks... mostly I just slept, played some ...more

I broke my collar bone, shoulder and wrist all at the same time on a dirtbike as a teenager. Sucked...you wear a figure 8?

Thank you for the best wishes.

|

9/8/2017 9:11 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah being injured sucks... I broke my collar bone last summer and I was out for 12 weeks... mostly I just slept, played some ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

I broke my collar bone, shoulder and wrist all at the same time on a dirtbike as a teenager. Sucked...you wear a figure 8?

...more

Yeah thats funny because I actually broke my collar bone racing dirt bikes also.... I only had to wear a sling... my doctor said I didn't need a one of the figure 8 things. But that sucks you broke 3 bones at the same time...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/8/2017 10:38 PM

Beers numb the pain somewhat when I'm injured , not a big fan of prescription pills , listen to tunes watch riding videos YouTube channels and documentaries

|

9/14/2017 9:51 AM

On the topic of injuries one week ago I crashed and caught a bar end viciously into my thigh, have plastic bar ends so was not impaled but blunt force stabbed...it swelled up to about a baseball sized lump (the diamater, the swelling is about 3/4 of an inch raised) and the back of my thigh muscle bruised dark (I guess I tore muscle tissue that dropped blood down) anyways so it is one week later and the swelling is still really prominent and has a gross water balloon feel (soft and looseish); the bruisr down my leg has lessened and I imagine someone reading this has landed on their barend before...do I have to go get it drained by a doctor or something for it to heal or do I just give it some time? I can walk and even ride but with a little bit of pain, have had to work 6 of the last 7 days since it happened so haven't been able to rest it too much, but it also hasn't bothered me that bad, but it is still gross looking and feeling and very tender and painful to direct pressure. Someone tell me you had the same and it went away after a few weeks.

As far as when injured, I never take enough time off to fully heal things and just try to chill and eat a lot of food and drink a lot of water so my body has energy to try and repair...then I try to massage and stretch whatevers messed up to get blood into it. It is not very effective. Separated my left shoulder earlier this year (ac joint) and it hasn't healed right, it could be worse it functions fine in most positions and angles except straight up where it gets all grindy and is painful to put weight on upwards above my head. My body was going to break down one day one way or another due to middle age and the destructive consuming nature of our human existence, and I think injuries considered bmx does more good than bad for my body, or atleast they are at levels I can live with.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

9/14/2017 10:58 AM

Video games, videos, movies, other hobbies.

I started woodburning last year-so I would do more of that (and plan to this winter).

Also (been saying it for years) I plan to learn guitar a bit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/16/2017 10:22 AM

I took a bunch of skin off my palm recently. Instead of biking I've been playing resident evil 7 on ps4 and spending more time with my girlfriend and our dog.

Still miss biking though.

|

9/16/2017 10:48 AM

cry

|

9/16/2017 1:30 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

cry

This. And fall into a never ending pit of depression.
But seriously, my body is a bit of a mess as it is. I can see the next time I have a bad injury I'll be seriously thinking about hanging up the bike for good. Who am I kidding. Getting hurt scares me, but nibbling around doing manuals and bump jumps is my favourite thing about riding. I'd probably masturbate far too much.

|