What do you guys hate most about BMX?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2013 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 7:31 PM

What is your guy's least favorite thing about BMX? It's kind of a hard question to answer because we all love the sport so much, but for example, I hate when riders promote really bad or illegal things in there edits or anywhere, like drugs, alcohol, intentional destruction of property (as in destruction of someone else's property when not riding, like graffiti.), or just being ignorant and rude to people for no reason. It makes us all look bad. Some of you will disagree with me, but that's my opinion on the subject and I wanna know yours.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/28/2013 7:30 PM

I hate people that come to the skatepark just to smoke and do drugs, and don't even ride their bike for more than 5 minutes.

|

6/28/2013 7:34 PM

mitch.forrest.73 wrote:

I hate people that come to the skatepark just to smoke and do drugs, and don't even ride their bike for more than 5 minutes.

I think the same thing! I hate that because if they are doing that and they get the cops called on them, and then you're doing something no where near as bad as that like not wearing a helmet, then you're screwed all because some dumbass wanted to do drugs in a public skatepark!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

6/28/2013 7:38 PM

A lot. Kids who try to sell cheap ass stock shit for ridiculous prices, kids on craigslist who fucking lowball constantly, kids who fucking lie about their shitty parts when selling. When people go to the skatepark just to fight,smoke, and talk shit, this is why parks you have to pay to go to are good. trendwhores/swagfags who ride are fucking annoying too but I don't care because it doesn't affect me. Riders who hate scooters: not all scooter riders are idiots, it just seems like it because scooting is easier for kids so they ride scooters more. I see just as many stupid fucks on bikes/skateboards at skateparks as scooter riders. Fixies, I know some of the dudes on here ride fixies but I just think they're lame. Although I only like 20" bmx bikes so maybe that's why.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/28/2013 7:39 PM

The fact that people hate on other riders. Whether you be new to bmx and can't do any tricks or wear a helmet or ride brakes. Bmx is about being different it's about not following trendy ass "traditional sports" it's about taking pride and dedication in what you do, the friendships you make, the things you experience, Bmx is a freestyle sport and I don't like it when people hate on others for being different. Bmx revolves around difference and uniqueness I love the fact that some people ride front brakes or some ride back brakes I love the fact that some people wear helmets some don't some ride in skinny jeans others don't some ride with high seats some with low. That's what Bmx is in my mind.....

I used to think I hated the injuries most about Bmx but it's a part of life and a part of Bmx. No matter how much pain I'm going through I feel glad that I can at least feel something. That I can get up and say I fell and busted my ass but atleast I tried to do something, what have you done?

|

6/28/2013 7:40 PM

Four wrote:

A lot. Kids who try to sell cheap ass stock shit for ridiculous prices, kids on craigslist who fucking lowball constantly, kids who fucking lie about their shitty parts when selling. When people go to the skatepark just to fight,smoke, and talk shit, this is why parks you have to pay to go to are good. trendwhores/swagfags who ride are fucking annoying too but I don't care because it doesn't affect me. Riders who hate scooters: not all scooter riders are idiots, it just seems like it because scooting is easier for kids so they ride scooters more. I see just as many stupid fucks on bikes/skateboards at skateparks as scooter riders. Fixies, I know some of the dudes on here ride fixies but I just think they're lame. Although I only like 20" bmx bikes so maybe that's why.

This is beautiful...... So much fucking hate gotta stay away from the parks =P

|

6/28/2013 7:44 PM

Brace yourselves, a long post is coming..

-Cops who give you fines, ones who just ask you to leave without a hassle are chill though.
-people who bitch nonstop about no one riding, yet when they come out.. they just sit
-rain
-flats
-faggots who think riding a bike is childish and yell shit like "get a car you pussy"
-injuries
-not landing a trick, but coming sooo close to it
-scooter fags who get in the way constantly
-when a spot gets shut down due to grind stoppers, destruction, or whatever else
-people who come out just to cause trouble
-oneeyeilluminatiguy
-people who make everything a competition
-the color rasta on parts

fuck it too lazy to keep typing

|

6/28/2013 7:46 PM

trolls. people who think their good so they become ass holes. scammers. and the kids that say their mongoose with odi grips is a coustom. (

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/28/2013 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 7:47 PM

double post. wtf?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/28/2013 7:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Brace yourselves, a long post is coming..

-Cops who give you fines, ones who just ask you to leave without a hassle are chill though.
-people who bitch nonstop about no one riding, yet when they come out.. they just sit
-rain
-flats
-faggots who think riding a bike is childish and yell shit like "get a car you pussy"
-injuries
-not landing a trick, but coming sooo close to it
-scooter fags who get in the way constantly
-when a spot gets shut down due to grind stoppers, destruction, or whatever else
-people who come out just to cause trouble
-oneeyeilluminatiguy
-people who make everything a competition
-the color rasta on parts

fuck it too lazy to keep typing

haha i bought a DUB seat. it has a rasta bottom, but i only got it bc i love DUB

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/28/2013 7:51 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

The fact that people hate on other riders. Whether you be new to bmx and can't do any tricks or wear a helmet or ride brakes. Bmx is about being different it's about not following trendy ass "traditional sports" it's about taking pride and dedication in what you do, the friendships you make, the things you experience, Bmx is a freestyle sport and I don't like it when people hate on others for being different. Bmx revolves around difference and uniqueness I love the fact that some people ride front brakes or some ride back brakes I love the fact that some people wear helmets some don't some ride in skinny jeans others don't some ride with high seats some with low. That's what Bmx is in my mind.....

I used to think I hated the injuries most about Bmx but it's a part of life and a part of Bmx. No matter how much pain I'm going through I feel glad that I can at least feel something. That I can get up and say I fell and busted my ass but atleast I tried to do something, what have you done?

YES! You sir, are so correct! Everybody is different! It doesn't matter If they ride front brakes, back brakes and wear a helmet and full pads or if they ride brakeless and wear nothing but pants most of the time! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being cautious and there is nothing wrong with people who are fearless. And yes busting your ass sucks, nobody likes that, but it's bound to happen. We've all learned to expect to fall every once in a while! Like in football your bound to feel pain when you get tackled, in basketball your bound to roll an ankle or stove a finger, in soccer your pound to get booted in the shins, in BMX your bound to fall and get hurt! I fell twice today, they were both very minor 'spills' but they both count as falls in my book and I can not wait to ride tomorrow!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

6/28/2013 7:56 PM

How i always get really close to tricks then shit happens and i have to start front square 1.

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/28/2013 7:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 8:00 PM

Four wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

This is beautiful...... So much fucking hate gotta stay away from the parks =P

Thanks man. Some parks are chill, just don't go to the ones in shitty towns.

A few more to add:

Kids who are so worried about their color scheme and keeping their bike pretty
Rasta and oilslick and shit like that.
Trans colors/chrome it only looks good if done right.
Kids who are so fucking competitive, they belong in fucking team sports.
Edits with shit music, I'm so fucking sick of classic hip hop from these kids who don't know shit about it and annoying ass dubstep or hipster shit. I don't care how good you are, if the song sucks I won't watch the edit.
People who argue about brakes...shut the fuck up. If you like brakes ride them, if not don't that fucking simple.
Kids who act like tail whips and barspins are the only tricks in bmx. Ruins the trick completely.
Park rats who can whip,bar,540/720 resi and can't fucking do a proper 180 or hop more than two feet.
The fact that Lotek is not doing great and Orchid doesn't make shoes anymore. I like their shoes now I have to buy fucking vans. I'm so bored of nike,adidas and vans.
Kids who try to progress too fast and want to do 180s and whips before learning how to properly hop.
When people bitch about sucking but ride all of two fucking times a week, you have to learn you can just buy a bike and be great it takes practice.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/28/2013 8:03 PM

For me it the fact that no body except a few people understand why i ride. most people tend to just see it as a waste of time and that i let it interfere with what they think should be more important. but to me its sort of an extension of myself, my style and the look of my bike aren't to me for looks but represent my personality and who i am so thats why i get so bent out of shape when people tell me i should be something more important or its a waste of time.

That and when little kids ask me to do shit and when i dont theyll snake me thats why i dont ride park anymore

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/28/2013 8:03 PM

SickDude wrote:

How i always get really close to tricks then shit happens and i have to start front square 1.

Yeah that sucks, but I do like the feeling of relief or just plain old joy you get when you finally get something you worked so hard for!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

6/28/2013 8:05 PM

The ass hole 420 swag fags.

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

6/28/2013 8:07 PM

when little kids that i dont know tell me to do a trick. fuck that. get away from me.
when little kids ask what frame i have. who cares. fuck that. get away from me.
when people sit around and talk about pro riders and parts instead of riding. fuck that. get away from me.

i avoid parks as much as possible, and i like riding solo.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

6/28/2013 8:10 PM

Stocksy wrote:

YES! You sir, are so correct! Everybody is different! It doesn't matter If they ride front brakes, back brakes and wear a helmet and full pads or if they ride brakeless and wear nothing but pants most of the time! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being cautious and there is nothing wrong with people who are fearless. And yes busting your ass sucks, nobody likes that, but it's bound to happen. We've all learned to expect to fall every once in a while! Like in football your bound to feel pain when you get tackled, in basketball your bound to roll an ankle or stove a finger, in soccer your pound to get booted in the shins, in BMX your bound to fall and get hurt! I fell twice today, they were both very minor 'spills' but they both count as falls in my book and I can not wait to ride tomorrow!

Yeah dude! I fall every now and then. I like to think of myself as pretty cautious when it comes to stuff i know i can do, but trying new stuff i expect to fall atleast once. The trick is normally worth the pain.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/28/2013 8:12 PM

SickDude.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

6/28/2013 10:28 PM

I hate people who have a go at other people's choices. Plenty of people ask me why I ride Front Brakes, and a High Seat. Luckily around here nearly everyone rides with a Helmet, so that's not a problem.

|

6/28/2013 10:36 PM

bloghogs wrote:

SickDude.

I HATE FAT BALD MEN WHO LOVE GT AND ALWAYS TEASE SICKDUDE BECAUSE HE'S MISSING A CHROMOZOME

FUCK CALIFIA

|

I ride for my papou.

6/28/2013 10:40 PM

bloghogs wrote:

SickDude.

SickDude wrote:

I HATE FAT BALD MEN WHO LOVE GT AND ALWAYS TEASE SICKDUDE BECAUSE HE'S MISSING A CHROMOZOME

FUCK CALIFIA

Califa is dead. And i laughed at "fat bald men" because thats what FBM stands for. so should blogs be riding for fbm if he is an FBM???????

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

6/28/2013 10:44 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Califa is dead. And i laughed at "fat bald men" because thats what FBM stands for. so should blogs be riding for fbm if he is an FBM???????

NO HE IS "THE MAN" DOWN WITH THE MAN. REBEL AGAINST THE MAN. TAKE ACTION. ANARCHY ROCK AND ROLL.

LIVE FAST. DIE FAST. POOP SLOW CUZ FORCIN THAT SHIT AINT HEALTHY

|

I ride for my papou.

6/28/2013 10:53 PM

Photo
Wind em up.watch em go.........
|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

6/28/2013 10:56 PM

SickDude wrote:

FUCK CALIFIA

feeble_to_face wrote:

SickDude wrote:

NO HE IS "THE MAN" DOWN WITH THE MAN. REBEL AGAINST THE MAN. TAKE ACTION. ANARCHY ROCK AND ROLL.

LIVE FAST. DIE FAST. POOP SLOW CUZ FORCIN THAT SHIT AINT HEALTHY

is your caps lock broken?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

6/29/2013 2:37 AM

The thing I hate the most not just in bmx but in all areas of life is hate itself.

It's fucking dumb, I get we live in the world we do and alot of people are under developed and misguided which causes alot of negitive shit but I just don't get why people have to be that way, just do your own thing and let me do mine without all ya bullshit self rightous judgments & opinions an all is good really.

Live if you wanna live,
rastaman vibrations yeah positive,
gotta av a good vibe
I n I vibrations yeah
Positive
If you get down and you quarrel everyday
Your saying prayers to the devils I see,
Why not help one another on the way,
Make it much easier
Just a little bit easier.
Say you just can't live that negative way
If you know what I mean
Make way for the positive day.

Bob Marley lyrics

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/29/2013 2:39 AM

I really hate the fact that in spain, some parts are fucking expensive, specially animal´s parts. The akimbo´s cranks costs 200 EUROS more than 220 dolars! I will never buy something by animal in spain.....

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

6/29/2013 3:25 AM

Barspins
Trend whore who've suddenly gone from being pegless gyro cunts to Simon Barack wannabes
Kids who yell 'do a barspin' 'Do this' 'Do that'
Kids who shout YOOO all the fucking time should be lynched
People who act like BMX owes them something
Personally I fucking hate quarter pipes anc can't ride them, but could boost a bank hip or something higher than most, yet they still feel the need to tell me to do something on a quarter.
Barspins
How one trick becomes trendy, last year it was nose manuals, this year it's crankflips.
People who can't think of their own tricks so they copy me because all I do is weird shit.
Barspins
People who put too much effort into being stylish and it looks fucking horrible
People who buy shit parts and then moan they've fucking broke them.
People who scream stupid shit when they can't land something
Angry riders
Riders who think BMX is a fashion statement
Barspins
Amity, Guerra, Eastern, all the shitty companies that half of you will defend or some mod will shout at you.
Half the music on thecomeups edits
Vitals homepage
Brakeless kids who have no bike control and crash all the fucking time
Barspins
People that can't work on their bike
People who think 30T sprockets are massive
People who say my bars are too big for me, i'm 6ft1, hoders bars fit me, fuck yourself with you perfect 10's when you're 5ft4

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/29/2013 3:41 AM

The arrogant cunts who think that they are fucking Garett Reynolds but when you ask them to do like a truck or a 3 whip they say "too tired" or "can't be arsed". Thanks for proving that you can't actually do that...

@zenith111, Amity are ok but i'd only ride their Jesus forks, nothing else

|

Bruh

6/29/2013 4:15 AM

I love bmx, nothing is wrong with it, pro's and con's mixed together is what makes bmx so addictive..

Main thing i hate though is

1. Something on your bike breaking, having no money or no way on getting new parts and unable to ride
2. Something you have that's super amazing, for example , a profile mini hub, but no spokes that fit on the left flange cause it's smaller so you have to wait till you get spokes to lace it...

(Also in correlation to parts conflicting, for example... My odyssey evo II brakes are sick as fuck, but they rubbed on my bike powerblock tire cause of my short back end, i had no more than 1mm clearance from the tire tread all the way around the tire where the brakes sit, not i downgraded the size to a streetblock tire which doesn't inflate as much... so now i have perfect clearance smile )

Other than that, love riding! Especially high, i have more balls when im high

|