What do you guys think about my order.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2017 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2017 9:58 PM

So over the weekend I did yard work cutting grass raking leaves etc for money I made 75 at the end of the weekend. So I decided that I want to buy some parts to complete my bike the parts I want.

Halflink chain white 17.99-19.99 eBay free shipping

Eastern madusa sprocket black 14.94+3.00 17.94

Eastern PHORCYS SPROCKET black 10.94+3.00=14.94

Merrit mighty sprocket black on sale 19.99+ 2.99=22.98

Animal seatpost green 75mm 16.99 free shipping
Grand total between 55-65 depends on what I buy.
This is all coming from ebay what do you guys think about my order is it good and what sprocket should I buy just having a hard decision on that.

|

6/11/2017 10:34 PM

Merritt one is the better of the sprocket get that one

|

6/11/2017 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2017 11:09 PM

So everything else sounds good I going with the merrit mighty sprocket black. Thanks

|

6/11/2017 11:31 PM

Don't get a cheap half link, they suck. Get the bsd forever chain. It comes with a pre installed half link incase you need it. And the pins are mushroomed so it doesn't break easily

|

6/11/2017 11:51 PM

Can you explain the pre installed half link and how does it work like a halflink. But my friend has the mission halflink chain and he been riding it for about year or two he had nothing wrong with his he recommend me that.

|

6/12/2017 12:58 AM

Cheap half link chains stretch loads, so when he gets a new chain he'll probably need a new driver too.
The bsd chain is a full link chain, with a single half link. So you can use the half link if you need to, or just run full links.

|

6/12/2017 1:22 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Cheap half link chains stretch loads, so when he gets a new chain he'll probably need a new driver too.
The bsd chain is a full link chain, with a single half link. So you can use the half link if you need to, or just run full links.

I bought the cult 510 same thing as the bsd but i wish i bought the bsd because i like bsd a lot better

|

I once walked into a gay bar it did not end well

6/12/2017 7:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2017 7:16 AM

Well how could I order it from because I wanted to ordered everything from eBay now eBay doesn't have the bsd chain only danscomp but they don't have any good sprocket for cheap like the merrit mighty sprocket that I wanted to buy. What about the shadow interlock v2 halflink chain would that do the same thing has the cheap halflink chain

|

6/12/2017 6:09 PM

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/12/2017 6:31 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I totally agree with this since I've experienced it myself. I'm running full links with bsd chains

|

Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"

6/12/2017 11:27 PM

XboxBmx700 wrote:

Well how could I order it from because I wanted to ordered everything from eBay now eBay doesn't have the bsd chain only danscomp but they don't have any good sprocket for cheap like the merrit mighty sprocket that I wanted to buy. What about the shadow interlock v2 halflink chain would that do the same thing has the cheap halflink chain

Support bmx shops, don't just buy all your stuff on ebay (unless it's a bmx shop). Surely it doesn't matter where you buy from regarding cost, because you'll have to pay shipping anyway?

|

6/13/2017 11:31 AM

XboxBmx700 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Support bmx shops, don't just buy all your stuff on ebay (unless it's a bmx shop). Surely it doesn't matter where you buy from regarding cost, because you'll have to pay shipping anyway?

Yesterday I was in a plaza with my mom their was a bike shop there I asked my mom could I go there while she was in other stores so I didn't have a chance to look at everything but she told me that she would take me back there this week or weekend.

|

6/13/2017 12:20 PM

I would get everything on danscomp because if you look up dans comp coupons and if you use the code you can get free shipping when you spend $50. Plus you get free stickers, and who doesn't like stickers?

|

6/14/2017 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2017 5:07 AM

Half link chains are garbage, unless it's a shadow supreme. I really don't get why they even make them. They all stretch really bad. Having bent links is such a stupid idea. Save your money and get a real chain 510h is good or a 710 Kool chain, even a 410h is much better than any half link. I know you aren't going to listen, but people that actually ride, usually don't ride half links. They are only for show, or light cruising around. My shadow half link stretched so bad it actually ruined my tree sprocket. It won't fit a new chain now. That's a $70 sprocket, destroyed by a shitty halflink. That would never happen with a full link. The BSD chain is probably some type of 510 chain. just get a kmc 510hx, or 710hx. Do you even need a halflink? What gearing are you running, and how long is your chainstay?

|

6/14/2017 10:37 AM

Puper Sandas wrote:

I would get everything on danscomp because if you look up dans comp coupons and if you use the code you can get free shipping when you spend $50. Plus you get free stickers, and who doesn't like stickers?

...and they send me free boxes of cereal sometimes. My last order I got 2 little boxes of Reeses Puffs...PLUS the stickers. Hellz yeahz

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/14/2017 12:37 PM

Puper Sandas wrote:

But they are Dan's stickers. Meh.

Email companies or send a SASE and they will hook you up with stickers.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/14/2017 5:43 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

SinkBmx wrote:

I bought the cult 510 same thing as the bsd but i wish i bought the bsd because i like bsd a lot better

I snapped a BSD. Riding dirt only for 6 months. I have never really been a fan of them.

Get a Cult or Shadow 1/2 link. All chains stretch out over time but they are the only 2 (Odyssey too) I have not seen break in some way. I have only replaced mine because I switch sprocket, driver and chain every 6-12 months to be safe and keep a good chain line.

|

6/14/2017 5:47 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Half link chains are garbage, unless it's a shadow supreme. I really don't get why they even make them. They all stretch really bad. Having bent links is such a stupid idea. Save your money and get a real chain 510h is good or a 710 Kool chain, even a 410h is much better than any half link. I know you aren't going to listen, but people that actually ride, usually don't ride half links. They are only for show, or light cruising around. My shadow half link stretched so bad it actually ruined my tree sprocket. It won't fit a new chain now. That's a $70 sprocket, destroyed by a shitty halflink. That would never happen with a full link. The BSD chain is probably some type of 510 chain. just get a kmc 510hx, or 710hx. Do you even need a halflink? What gearing are you running, and how long is your chainstay?

And from the other side, I have had 2 shadow half links last me upwards of 5 years, outlasting several sprockets in that time, and a couple frames.

They stretched, and YES I ran brakeless.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura