What do you listen to when riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2018 5:03 AM

If you listen to anything while riding, what is it?

I usually listen to prog rock/metal, IDM/jungle, and math rock on my free time, but despite not usually listening to anything while riding, whenever I do, I just listen to more simpler and easy going music like late-90's/early 2000s alt rock, and classic/old rap.

I'm just looking for more stuff to add to my playlist for whenever I wanna chill out riding or practising. All suggestions and tastes are welcome and appreciated!

|

Everyone has to start somewhere!

11/9/2018 5:11 AM

Sport and totorro are good for nibbling kerbs to

|

11/9/2018 5:43 AM

Here's my YouTube playlist: [link]

There's a lot in there so maybe you'll find something you like.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/9/2018 5:44 AM

UK rap works well for me for some reason. Four Owls, Stig of the dump, Split prophets etc.

|

11/9/2018 5:46 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Upvoted for Gaslight Anthem.

Also, you totally just reminded me about the subways, used to love them but haven't heard them for years!

|

11/9/2018 5:50 AM

I usually ride without music. I'm usually in a parking lot so I need to be able to hear what's going on around me. But sometimes I'll have my phone in my pocket playing music out the speakers if I'm just out playing around, not really working on anything.

Depends on mood mostly. But my top bands to ride to are:

Jimakata
Dirty Heads
Tommy Cash
The Hatters
Little Big

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/9/2018 5:54 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

RumHam wrote:

Upvoted for Gaslight Anthem.

Also, you totally just reminded me about the subways, used to love them but haven't heard them for years!

Both are great bands! Like I said, there's a lot in there

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/9/2018 6:02 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Some good stuff on that list.

I really don’t listen to anything unless I am driving or working out (which is often). But it depends on what I plan to ride if I do listen to something. Dirt, just a flow session is mainly just stuff like 311, NIN a little light hip hop. Street, Five Finger Death Punch, DMX, Kid Rock, Metallica. Park, mostly hip hop and rap and most I have memorized so it kinda flows well with what I am doing. If I go race it’s all rap and metal. Got to get the adrenaline going

|

11/9/2018 6:04 AM

I have never listened to anything whilst riding. I think I will give it a try soon. Gonna pick up some ear buds and setup my iTunes account.

First thing im going to download is Minor Threat’s complete Discography!! Then probably some Clint Black lol

|

11/9/2018 6:06 AM

Had a sick session to ELO the other day. Didn't see that coming.

|

11/9/2018 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 7:27 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

Some good stuff on that list.

I really don’t listen to anything unless I am driving or working out (which is often). But it depends on what I plan to ride if I do listen to something. Dirt, just a flow session is mainly just stuff like 311, NIN a little light hip hop. Street, Five Finger Death Punch, DMX, Kid Rock, Metallica. Park, mostly hip hop and rap and most I have memorized so it kinda flows well with what I am doing. If I go race it’s all rap and metal. Got to get the adrenaline going

The list is awesome, thanks! And in reply to the quote; I love NIN! Haven't listened to them in a while and you just made me remember! I'll sure be adding that to my playlist!

|

Everyone has to start somewhere!

11/9/2018 7:30 AM

Metal

|

fack off

11/9/2018 7:37 AM

Rabbe wrote:

UK rap works well for me for some reason. Four Owls, Stig of the dump, Split prophets etc.

No mention of jehst? Hands down the best lyricist to ever exist

">4th verse
|

11/9/2018 7:49 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

">4th verse

Haven't heard of the guy before this, went straight to my playlist that was some funky stuff. Thank you sir

|

11/9/2018 7:52 AM

Rabbe wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

">4th verse

Rabbe wrote:

Haven't heard of the guy before this, went straight to my playlist that was some funky stuff. Thank you sir

No problem, jehst and Chester p are the forefathers of UK hiphop. That track is nearly 20 years old!

|

eskimojay

11/9/2018 8:01 AM

Adolescents kids of the black hole

|

Phunny93

11/9/2018 8:06 AM

Weird Stuff; Zs, Tera Melos, Death Grips, Gary Wilson

|

dead goon

11/9/2018 8:07 AM

My heart.

|

Aitkenisgod

11/9/2018 8:09 AM

My sessions are that quick, that usually I just listen to my cassette clicking away. But if I do get the chance to have a proper session, I'll stick a Road Fools playlist on.

But I find it off putting using head phones when I'm airing stuff, it's weird.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

dave lawrence

11/9/2018 8:16 AM

I listen to the sounds of whatever is around me. AKA no tunes. I like to be aware of where I am.

Also helps me determine if my bike is gonna snap off.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

93EXCivic

11/9/2018 8:19 AM

Either punk, hiphop (mostly modern lyricist rather the mubble rap stuff but sometimes some old school stuff like Wu Tang, Ghetto Boys, Ice Cube, etc) or reggae depending on how I feel.

|

Rabbe

11/9/2018 10:11 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

Either punk, hiphop (mostly modern lyricist rather the mubble rap stuff but sometimes some old school stuff like Wu Tang, Ghetto Boys, Ice Cube, etc) or reggae depending on how I feel.

Nice to see I'm not the only one listening to reggae these days

|

Bulletpup

11/9/2018 10:18 AM

Fossa wrote:

If you listen to anything while riding, what is it?

I usually listen to prog rock/metal, IDM/jungle, and math rock on my free time, but despite not usually listening to anything while riding, whenever I do, I just listen to more simpler and easy going music like late-90's/early 2000s alt rock, and classic/old rap.

I'm just looking for more stuff to add to my playlist for whenever I wanna chill out riding or practising. All suggestions and tastes are welcome and appreciated!

My tires, pegs and nearby traffic, mostly. You should try it!

|

JoeyJoeJoe

11/9/2018 10:27 AM

Rabbe wrote:

you should check out Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

Rabbe

11/9/2018 10:34 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

you should check out Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad!

Did a quick check, actually quite nice more on the "traditional" side of reggae, you hear that less nowadays

|

BillyBigRigger

11/9/2018 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 4:05 PM

Just downloaded Alabama Shakes “always alright”
Add Bob Dylan's Subterraian homesick blues.
And The Guru “golden brown”

Can’t wait to ride to these two songs on repeat^
|

BillyBigRigger

11/9/2018 12:44 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

My sessions are that quick, that usually I just listen to my cassette clicking away. But if I do get the chance to have a proper session, I'll stick a Road Fools playlist on.

But I find it off putting using head phones when I'm airing stuff, it's weird.

Road Fools? Like props Road Fools?

|

93EXCivic

11/9/2018 12:58 PM

Rabbe wrote:

I have been digging Mungo's Hi Fi recently particularly the songs Bike Rider and Traveler.

|

RonnieRawdawg

11/9/2018 2:42 PM

i listen to the enviroment, i ride street. not tryna get hit by a car or have some dude run up on me because im listing to music.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

readybmxer

11/9/2018 3:26 PM

My loud hub, the noise that 90 PSI makes, and my thoughts that keep saying I suck.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA