What do you predict the next trend will be? Or the next one to "die"...

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2018 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 12:57 PM

Has it already started? I am fascinated by how quick some things seem to come and go and its always interesting to see which ones stick around.

I know nothing truly ever "dies" there is always someone out there rocking a trend that has long been forgotten or past its acceptance.

What comes next?

|

3/10/2018 1:00 PM

Handlebar mustaches.

|

3/10/2018 1:16 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Handlebar mustaches.

Lol clever

|

3/10/2018 1:28 PM

I think the owner of the second bike was 59 feet tall and I think it's a 20.75 top tube...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/10/2018 1:45 PM

This is hilarious.

|

3/10/2018 1:58 PM

Loads of people are gonna buy frontoad stems soon

|

Hmmm

3/10/2018 2:08 PM

I feel like the whole huge bars trend is finally starting to die off

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/10/2018 2:41 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

I'm not quite seeing this yet...

Even pro's that have stuck with sub 9" bars for years are now finally stepping up to 9"-9.25" bars (with spacers and top loads) and most of them are 5'10"-ish.

|

3/10/2018 3:43 PM

I’d like to see more short frames and skinny tires

|

fack off

3/10/2018 3:49 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Even pro's that have stuck with sub 9" bars for years are now finally stepping up to 9"-9.25" bars (with spacers and top loads) and most of them are 5'10"-ish.

Not seeing it either. People just love to think what they run is perfection and call anything different/newer a trend. I ran 8.25s for years and just thought anything bigger was pointless and would feel horrible without ever giving them a chance. Then, after a pretty bad back injury in work, I had to start changing things so I wasn't in agony. Went up to 9.25s and all of the pain went away but then, I started noticing other benefits, like how much easier it is to get up over a nose manny and how much easier tailwhips became. There are, of course, disadvantages; it's a little harder to "pop" a hop and little things like that but within a week of changing over, I was riding the same as I was on the 8.25s.
In short, I think big bars are here to stay, there's too many advantages to them and very few disadvantages.

I'm hoping the next trend to go out is freecoasters, as strange as that may seem, given I've been on a coaster from day one. People just don't seem to know how to maintain or use them and would be so much better served by a cassette. Most people I know use them like a cassette and bitch-crank literally everything.

|

My Sunday Soundwave Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork" - grumpySteve

3/10/2018 4:58 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I think the owner of the second bike was 59 feet tall and I think it's a 20.75 top tube...

Lol! That was fucking perfect!

|

3/10/2018 5:02 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

I think hes. Referring to the 10+

Elevenz thing.

Perfect 10's are still everywhere here in colorado but i have yet to see anything bigger. Most are running 8.5-10" from what Ive seen.

|

3/10/2018 6:40 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Loads of people are gonna buy frontoad stems soon

already have one so I’ll be ahead of the trend!

|

3/10/2018 6:48 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Only clicked now! You sure it wasn't meters or inches?

|

My Sunday Soundwave Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork" - grumpySteve

3/10/2018 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 6:54 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Only clicked now! You sure it wasn't meters or inches?

I think it was 59 feet... not 100% tho....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/10/2018 7:04 PM

not bike setup-wise, but I really fucking hope this trend of posting clips and double take slow-mo zooming on every fucking part of the trick for each trick they do in a line dies.

for instance, if you do a bump smith grind to 180 out slider, you don't need to do the bump, replay the bump zoomed in and slowed down, then get into the smith, then replay the smith zoomed in close to the peg in slow mo, then start the 180, then replay the start of it while zoomed in and slowed, then land the 180 and do the slider, then slow mo zoom in on the slider. all edited to a really shitty soundcloud rapper. there's A LOT of people, including people somewhat near me, who do this all the time and I just stopped watching anything they post. it's repetitive, monotonous, and looks like shit.

|

3/10/2018 7:32 PM

I’d like to see 25 9 gearing die , every time I’m and a park and someone wants to fuck around and trade bikes I always end up hopping on someone’s sick looking bike go to pedal and I feel like I’m at turtle speed

|

3/10/2018 10:26 PM

20 X 2.10000000" tires, 20" rise bars, 10" pegs.

|

YouTube: REYN H. STUDiOS // Instagram: @bmxereyn

3/11/2018 12:22 AM

I'm hoping that oil slick shit will die off soon. Just the horrible coloured parts in general would be nice. It would be nice if there was less of a divide between riding styles, like if we were to go back to the days of everyone having T1 bars, a rear brake, 2 pegs, and riding everything instead of only riding park, or street, or trails.

But, I guess bikes have changed enough, and the trends dictate you need a steep ha and short cs for street. I hope people start riding for fun soon, and not because they want to be youtubers or pro's. It would be nice if vlogging dies out soon, and full length dvd's come back (watching an hour long dvd gets you so much more stoked than an instagram clip)

I can see big bars starting to lose momentum. 9" will be about average soon, with few people going above 9.5". Especially with the real street guys (people that ride street, not ledges in a skatepark). A frontload and sub 9" bars is already common

|

3/11/2018 7:35 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Dont 20×2.1" tires already exist?

10" pegs would be funny as shit! Gonna see a lot of bent and snapped axles...

|

3/11/2018 9:28 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm hoping that oil slick shit will die off soon. Just the horrible coloured parts in general would be nice. It would be nice if there was less of a divide between riding styles, like if we were to go back to the days of everyone having T1 bars, a rear brake, 2 pegs, and riding everything instead of only riding park, or street, or trails.

But, I guess bikes have changed enough, and the trends dictate you need a steep ha and short cs for street. I hope people start riding for fun soon, and not because they want to be youtubers or pro's. It would be nice if vlogging dies out soon, and full length dvd's come back (watching an hour long dvd gets you so much more stoked than an instagram clip)

I can see big bars starting to lose momentum. 9" will be about average soon, with few people going above 9.5". Especially with the real street guys (people that ride street, not ledges in a skatepark). A frontload and sub 9" bars is already common

You know, I never used to care for oil slick, but after I seen a couple parts In person, I kind of fell in love with it.
I definitely think it’s a color that can be over done. This year I’m actully doing a couple parts in oil slick, but that’s it.
I got the WTP Index stem, and Eclat Vent sprocket in slick, the rest of my bike black.

I think brakless has moved on from trend to more of a preference now.

|

3/11/2018 9:45 AM

readybmxer wrote:

do you mean, 20 x 2.1? doesn’t matter how many zeros you add at the end of the number after the decimal point.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/11/2018 9:47 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I agree with the oilslick. i’ve always hated it, since the first time i saw it. i never plan on running it. i just won’t disrespect my bike like that.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/11/2018 9:54 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

michael.eckhart wrote:

You know, I never used to care for oil slick, but after I seen a couple parts In person, I kind of fell in love with it.
I definitely think it’s a color that can be over done. This year I’m actully doing a couple parts in oil slick, but that’s it.
I got the WTP Index stem, and Eclat Vent sprocket in slick, the rest of my bike black.

I think brakless has moved on from trend to more of a preference now.

I used to think it was OK, just stem and sprocket, or just hubs. That was when it was a new thing, now I can't stand it, and it's very easily over done. I'm sure your bike will look rad though.

People have been brakeless since the mid 90's. Brakeless frames have been around for over 10 years. I don't think it's ever been a trend, more just an evolution. But I think every kid taking their brakes off is a trend.

Front brakes are making more of a come back, but I guess they've always been around. I think we're close to having such a massive variety of parts available now that not much else can be done

|

3/11/2018 11:12 AM

I wish frontloads were more common

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/11/2018 11:17 AM

|

3/11/2018 12:27 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I wish frontloads were more common

There's loads about. Pretty much every brand makes one. But, super high bars is too cool. I think it looks properly goofy myself

|

3/11/2018 1:00 PM

I predict that lacing your spokes with all types cards or just anything flashy will get trendy, fat tires are definitely dying down. Bright colors seem to be coming back.

|

"Is," "is." "is" — the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don't know what anything "is"; I only know how it seems to me at this moment.
-Robert Anton Wilson

IG: @Phunny93
Do What thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law

3/11/2018 3:15 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

I predict that lacing your spokes with all types cards or just anything flashy will get trendy, fat tires are definitely dying down. Bright colors seem to be coming back.

Im holding out for people leaving their reflectors in and putting stickers on em

|

3/11/2018 5:25 PM

readybmxer wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

do you mean, 20 x 2.1? doesn’t matter how many zeros you add at the end of the number after the decimal point.

Ah, my incompetent self. Sounded like "twenty by two point ten million" in words, not numerically, lol. Whoops.

|

YouTube: REYN H. STUDiOS // Instagram: @bmxereyn